Sign in to follow this  
lowang

few funny bugs to fix

Hello so I bought Arma 2 and started with trainings. Unfortunatelly the bugs appeared quite fast:-]

In a basic training first I did an obstacle course, then I went to a shooting range and it started to be weird. After the training shots I agreed to try to shoot as much as I can (or whatever he asked me). I happened to miss twice and the man standing there told me "oops that was bad, wanna try again?" Or something like that, so I answered yes and shot again, but immediatelly after first shot he said it again and asked me again. Then I realized he is in a loop and he kept saying these sentences over and over even when I was annoyed and going away :)

When the captain asked me what next I selected to try car driving, but I did not even get close to a car and it somehow got reset and he asked me again "what next" so I chose something else. It also happened that the training selection menu did not appear after I finished something so I had to restart the mission :-\

When I finally got to the second stage of the basic training (after a car driving) I was told to pick up a rocket launcher and shoot something. So I began to look for it while suddendly I heard somebody shooting really near us! :o It sounded quite loud like somebody was hidden in a grass near. I thought there is a shooting range somewhere near and somebody is training, so I ignored it, but the captain (I guess it was Shaftoe) recognized the danger and rather layed down and took cover. I was about to arm the rocket launcher finally, but suddendly I heard something like an MP5 burst and the captain was dead! And the mission ended blaming me for killing him! What kind of comedy is this? :j:

I tried several other trainings and they seemed OK. I only failed to complete that army commanding training where I was standing on a tower and had to order the groups to move to some locations. They had some trouble getting to the final waypoint inside the village or something because even after a long maneuvering and formation changing to get all those tanks to that small circle it did not continue:-]

OK so now I started a campaign and I am on a ship. I decided to go shooting skeets but I missed the location and talked to Alexander Hitch with those red flapping targets instead. So I grabbed the gun and started shooting them. But after about two hits Alexander started to yell at me where am I shooting and that this is the final warning and such :o I stopped shooting trying to figure out what am I doing wrong, but did not find out anything :) So I continued shooting the targets while Alexander was either saying "good shot" or that I missed or "where are you shooting?", even when I hit the target every time :-\ This random speech may sound fun for the first few moments but it seems that he keeps talking like that for all selections he offers...:-\ So I better get back to playing and hope I will make some progress before I encounter some other funny bugs which would need to be commented ;-)

Edited by LoWang

what? I don't think this is something nobody noticed and I described it well so developers can fix it in next patch hopefully! Maybe it should have been in troubleshooting, but there is no way to move the thread for me.

Every other training worked for me. I got latest 1.02 patch, but the Shooting cvourse indeed is still not working for me. First I shoot one target, I miss scond, and the Razor team member is all: "whoaa, u suckz0r, wanz try again?", immediatelly after selecting yes, he starts to loop: "whoaa, u suckz0r, wanz try again?" "whoaa, u suckz0r, wanz try again?"....When I leave he stops, but I never get chance to do it again... very frustrating, but I'll bet BIS will fix it ;)

It just seems that their is a lot of criticism of minor issues - look at the big picture !, most things work.

troll scum

Easy tiger, not everyone on this side of planet is a scum

what? I don't think this is something nobody noticed and I described it well so developers can fix it in next patch hopefully! Maybe it should have been in troubleshooting, but there is no way to move the thread for me.

There is a bug thread. Use that please so it doesnt spread out so much and get unread because of it.

And be more precise. Its hard to read huge text with :) :D etc. Bold some titles and then explain it so it can be reproduced by BIS. Make it simple and easy to read and understand how to reproduce. Make it more serious.

Alex

Salvatore - where someone is makes no difference to me. I overreacted.

Sorry I am that kind of person who notices such things a lot :) And even if it is nothing big it really looks ridiculous.

I must admit that I really enjoyed the night assault on Pusta and the other missions after it. I noticed only one bug so far - after the Cernogorsk mission there was not the next mission button but only the end. I think I could not do anything else then I did, so I clicked to replay it from last autosave, but it was right before the last cinematic, so I watched it again but then I could advance to the next mission even if the same thing happened.

Now I am playing that adventurous travelling and searching mission and I am really nicely surprised that these non linear missions are in the game. I just hope I don't get stuck as usual :)

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 ----------

Alex I know now, I told moderator to move it there...I think I will write the same thing again with just a few sentences. I could not help myself, because some of the situations were so ridiculous for me that I had to write a story :)

Edited by LoWang

It just seems that their is a lot of criticism of minor issues - look at the big picture !, most things work.

For some people.......

I have spent hour upon hour installing, re-installing both the game, drivers, patches etc trying to get the game to work without graphical issues or the Receiving... screen popping in every 30 seconds of game play. It is not an issue with my hardware, it works fine for every other game. Yes it maybe an issue with ATI drivers or it may be an issue with different kinds of hardware because many people have issue and some have no issues.

As to the original poster, I too read about these bugs especially the firing range bug but when I did it a few days ago I had no issues whatsoever, seems like the scripting is a bit flakey. I did however have the problem shooting the wooden tanks, there are enemy nearby which are there for another small training mission but are a bit close to the AT range or maybe they should have their awareness range changed or something.

Q6600 @2.4

2GB RAM

ATI 4870

Haha LoWang, please don't pay attention to cartier - I seriously hope he was kidding. Unfortunately, BIS is well renowned for their bugs, and most of us are used to script-, physics- and clipping bugs to the point where we're pretty immune to them. I didn't experience any of those bugs myself, apart from falling of the hangar but that is a small comfort. The game is great but you have to learn to chew through the bugs.

I guess since the core of the game (and military in general) is adaptation, most of us regard it as an extra challenge. The patches that are coming the following months will help alot but usually it won't be like other games (meaning minor bugs) until 9-12 months from the Morphicon release. Mods will add a ton of extra content though so it's just a matter of patience, dicipline and grinding it through. Good luck. :)

aah somebody remembers Shadow Warrior! :D Thanks Randir.

Rekrul I know, I have played a lot of OFP, Resistance and I tried a bit of Arma, but you know one would expect that BIS will learn from all those games they already did and will not make the same silly mistakes like before :-] Yesterday I was in Cernogorsk searching the power plant and I found an SUV car between the plant building and a wall with its front through the wall! :) When I shot it, it started jumping like crazy and being crushed by the wall and the building because the engine realized it is where it should not be! That was funny :) After 10minutes of continuous crushing sound, some villagers came asking me what the hell is going on, so I took out the grenade launcher and shot the car. It started to burn and looked destroyed, but the crushing did not end...

OK I am just making it up a bit with those villagers :D

The bugs in Basic training are known about and you can get around them most times.

When on the shooting range make sure you stand in the correct spot, follow the orange symbol. It can be hard to see at times.

When on the long distance range don't select the anti tank mission do the other one first or the enemy hear the shooting and come out of the town and shoot you in the back.

When on the long distance range don't select the anti tank mission do the other one first or the enemy hear the shooting and come out of the town and shoot you in the back.

Are you serious? :) I actually did not fire at all :-D

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

another funny situation: after I found out how to make Maddox's huey fly my team somewhere I requested flight to Elektrozavodsk. We were about to land when suddendly some another chopper probably wanted to land on the same spot as we and crashed into us. Not very heroic end of the Razor team :-]

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

second try with huey: finally the chopper did not crash, but it got screwed up again somehow and we stopped hovering about 40meters from the landing zone. Setting new landing zone did not make Maddox move the chopper anywhere. So I restarted a mission once again and we flew...finally we hovered in about 2 meters and the pilot said we should get off. I jumped first and ordered the rest to get off too, but before I hit the ground the chopper flew away with my team onboard:) He landed directly in the base (the LZ chosen by me was about 100m from the base) and my team got off while I had to go there by foot :-]