Sign in to follow this  
fromz

ArmA2:OHMOD Preview

I think PLA suits the best on either Independent or OPFOR side. Why not BLUEFOR? Because in the past 4 years there were 3 major joint exercises betweem China and Russia, so its quite a common view seeing PLA fighting along side Russian forces. Just a personal opinion so stop hatin'. :)

Independent makes more sense than OPFOR.

China is non-aligned and China vs Russia is just as likely as China vs NATO/Bluefor.

Independent makes more sense than OPFOR.

China is non-aligned and China vs Russia is just as likely as China vs NATO/Bluefor.

Perhaps, we won't know until it happens(I hope it won't)... The downside is that so many countries armies can be put on the independent side. It would be time consuming to scroll through hundreads of units every time you need something from Independent list, if the list is 10 times bigger than the OPFOR or BLUEFOR lists. For example where would you put the Pakistan Army? Is just as likely to see a USAvsPakistan or PLAvsPakistan. The best way is to put it in the Independent side but then it will be on the same side as PLA. Just a thought.

For almost all non-NATO countries is just as likely to see a war with USA or Russia. So all these countries go to Independent side?

Edited by BogdanM

For almost all non-NATO countries is just as likely to see a war with USA or Russia. So all these countries go to Independent side?

There aren't THAT many big independent forces like China, producing its own kind of technology and really having its own very unique foreign policy and sitting at the UN security council. If someone deserves a seat in the "indie" side, it's them.

Pakistan is a tricky one, but there's no Pakistanese mod yet. I don't think that there will be that many mods abouts about smaller non-aligned countries. We shall see.

In any case, if there's a conflict of sides, I think it can be solved in the mission design by putting all the units of one side under a blufor or opfor leader with 0% probablity of presence. The subordinates will then be considered blufor or opfor during the mission.

Edited by EricM

^^ There are quite a few military powers around the world that have similar foreign military relations as China. I'll name the most notable: India, Brazil, Iran, Ukraine, Egypt, North Korea, but as you said there are no mods for these ones yet.

Anyway, I'll respect whatever decision Fromz takes.

About the PLA side...

China love peace, The Chinese PLA force not super formidable,

but they do some specialized training very often, and have strong spiritual political ideas.

So I think our PLA is a powerful opponent in the war. and I say again, PLA love peace, Really :)

The OH2 PLA will stay in independent by default. But I will config hidden units both in Bluefor and Opfor, because I like edit missions too.

About the FFAMM ...

FFAMM2 (Fromz sound mod for ArmA2) will be release some day. :)

I'm a CG architect really, Make AddOns and MOD is just a sideline,

I will keep on it in some free time. thank you for waiting in patient.

These are the Chinese WZ551 (Type92) AFV I made recent days

from model, maping,

oh2_wz551_mdl.jpg

baker and texture

oh2_wz551_baker.jpg

And now, going to setup and config.

oh2_prv090728_c3.jpg

oh2_prv090728_c2.jpg

oh2_prv090728_c1.jpg

also include the OH2 MOD default green version

oh2_prv090728_c6.jpg

oh2_prv090728_c5.jpg

oh2_prv090728_c4.jpg

Really really great addons! :eek: Now all we need is island Skira for ArmA II! Who needs Dragon Rising then? :D

As a matter of fact,

I consider make "island Skira" for ArmA2, with more real geography and topography data than Codemaster, I'd like make island more interest, haha:yay:

The "PLA" which made by Codemaster is artificial.

Both exterior appearance and spiritual outlook.

"PLA" in official OFP DR like the Iraq bandits terrorist:confused:

I NEED BIS SUPPORT! Haha

Just give me the newest moding tools please~ :D

Edited by fromz

GREAT WORK MAN

actually skira is fake islande name

it looks like Sakhalin

i hope soon we will fight americans back to their ships with new ally

what about WZ551A ?

BIS Please GIVE that guy ur support !

if he do that OFP2 will be out of compete

since it a players addon Codemasters cant do any thing with it :D

Edited by [wow]titan

Fromz, it's good to see you around. This mod is looking damn fine. I look forward to seeing these in game. Thanks for the pics.

Fromz, that model looks superb! I've always wanted a good and in a sense 'complete' PLA mod, so I'm realy looking forward to this one, good luck with your project!

This is definitely the mod I'm looking forward to most! The PLA seem so underused in games and the stuff you've made so far looks great.

Thanks for praise~

Now, ingame, three wallpapers

Click to zoom

th01.jpg

1440x900

th02.jpg

1440x900

th03.jpg

1440x900

especially first, I like.

Edited by fromz

Keep up the work, looks impresive!

I don't think that there will be that many mods abouts about smaller non-aligned countries. We shall see.

Finland, Sweden, Switzerland from Europe in atleast OFP.. but agree not that many and you just put them (if they all be released, all used at once) in their own fraction.. case closed.

Fromz, didn't see any reply regarding if you guys considering doing any transport plane like the Y8?

I'm dancing in place with excitement. Fantastic job thus far! :D

Outstanding. I wonder if there might be release by 9 October. I don't wish OFP:DR anything other than success but it'd be fun to see comparison videos with comparable assets, especially as these are such a testament to the ArmA modding scene.

Finland, Sweden, Switzerland

They are in the EU or Eurpean Economical Space, they would be obviously Blufor, if not for military reasons, for economical ones. But that's OT.

Those Chinese units coming out everywhere are very High Quality. Well done. Would be nice if those guys could cooperate...

i think that fromz should send me his Graphics card lol

Past few days, Some new pictures of BJ2022 Jeep

Mengshi.jpg

Mengshi2.jpg

Mwngshi3.jpg

Looks great! If this is the finished model could you do sometime in the distant future another version with the soft top on? To keep the brave PLA soldiers dry and ready for action... :D

Best work as ever fromz!!!

Can't wait to play it for ArmA2!!

Could we aspect to see a new map from China with different villages and little towns for that mod instead of Chernarus??

Make so on!!