http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/lockTurret

vehicle lockTurret [turret path, lock]

Turret path? :confused: .

I dont understand that part.. has anyone figured out how to use it?

LockDriver and lockCargo is self explanatory but i want to lock all 3 turrets of a Russian Mi-8 MTV-3.

:) .

Turret path is an array like [1]. This means the second turret of a vehicle. I don't know the config of the Mi-8, I guess you have to use [0], [1] and [2] as turret paths, as none of them is a subturret of another turret... or is it?

Turret path is an array like [1]. This means the second turret of a vehicle. I don't know the config of the Mi-8, I guess you have to use [0], [1] and [2] as turret paths, as none of them is a subturret of another turret... or is it?

No, all turrets are independant (1 door gunner, 1 nose gunner and 1 rear gunner).

heli lockTurret [0, 1, 2, true] doesnt seem to work.

I also tried it on the MH60S and on a BMP-2 ([0, 1]) and it didnt work also.

more likely have to lock each turret separately:

heli lockturret [0,true];

heli lockturret [1,true];

heli lockturret [2,true];

because presumably lockturret is only expecting 2 elements to it's array of arguments. You could try testing to see if first element can be an array though:

heli lockturret [[0,1,2],true];

or even something more bizarre:

heli lockturret [[0,1,2],[true,false,true]];

to lock only the first and third turrets but keep one available for use.

First rule of scripting - BE PREPARED TO PLAY AROUND WITH IDEAS AND BUGHUNT FOR 3 HOURS FOR EVERY 1 HOUR SPENT CODING =]

Hmm, thanks Turok but i tested all of those variants and neither worked.

I think the command must be broken or perhaps there is something wrong with the vehicle configs?

there is a bug with this lockdriver - lockcargo - lockgunner and so on - It will stop u getting into them from the outside but once u get into vehicle u can simply hop into the locked slot :)

try this - heli lockturret [[1],true]

Edited by Junker

Junker is right. Try this, to get them all locked:

{heli lockturret [[_x],true]} forEach [0,1,2] 

Good find junker :) .

I'll combine all of the above and use:

heli lockturret [[0],true];  heli lockturret [[1],true];  heli lockturret [[2],true];

The syntax in the wiki is incorrect then, it would be nice to correct it and post the example.

Thanks to all :) .

Edit:

The bug only affects vehicles that have switch position actions in them, the command is fully functional in vehicles where you cant (i.e. the hind).

Edited by Heatseeker

Hi guys - this is interesting - I'm trying to lock the driver position of the C130 - any idea on how to use this command so that i cant access the driver psotion from inside the plane? (ie workaround the bug)

hi, i have problems with lockcargo . i wanna put ia inside a bus via script, but i want this ia stays inside the bus even if the bus is destroyed. they jump out of the bus with the first shoot.

anyone know?