Sign in to follow this  
KingThong

I can Play for 2 to 10 minutes then I get a black screen

I can Play for 2 to 10 minutes then I get a black screen, the game runs in the background, I can hear the noises, and I can jump into the Map but that doesn’t change anything the screen stays Black, the only option is to altTab out of the game It is totally unplayable I hope someone can help.

I have deactivated PhysX

I have installed the latest driver 186.18 desktop win7 win vista 32bit international whql

Windows 7 ULTIMA

Intel 3000 Dual core

9800GTX+ Graphic cart

2 gig Ballistic 8500DDR2 Ram

EVGA650 Intel Motherboard

Have you tried the 182.50 drivers? Others report that those work a lot better with Arma 2 than the newer 186.18s.

Hey,

I'm experiencing the same problems.

I tried different drivers, decreasing the clock of my CPU and GPU and some other stuff.

I wrote down my issue in that thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73113&page=7

During my time in these forums I read of some other ppl having that prob, too, so at least you are not alone.

AFAIK theres no solution yet, but you definitely CAN try all those suggestions like older/newer drivers and the like. Perhaps they'll work for ye.

I yesterday went from win 7 32 bit to 64 bit. Just installed Arma again and now I'll test if the problem still persists.

Regards

Friend of mine has the same problem, i7 GTX295 he lowered his screen res ! that seemed to fix it for him.

From what to what - you know that?

I play at 1680*1050 - a rather "light" resolution compared to what the gfx cards should be able to do...

But thx for the hint - I'll try that as well

First Thanks for the quick respons

i will to lower the resolution to 1680-1050 then see what hampens

my screen will turn black and just sit there saying recieving and i can still see chat,reporting in etc text and hear the game going on behind the black recieving screen, only way out of it is to ctrl.alt, delete and close game.

anyone know what it causing this?

when I dropped "Maximum pre-rendered frames" to 1 from Nvidia control panel I also had the black screen problem. Raising it back to 3 solved the issue for me.

when I dropped "Maximum pre-rendered frames" to 1 from Nvidia control panel I also had the black screen problem. Raising it back to 3 solved the issue for me.

As a performance guide here on the forums said I increased the amout of pre-rendered frames to 8. It gave a significant performance boost as predicted.

Still, when I drop the amount back to 3 (default) I experience no solution of the abovementioned problem.

I dont think the issue is related to that opttion at all. Other opinions?

I have exactly the same problem as the OP so will go back and try an earlier driver.

2 x GFX GTX 295's

i7-965

6G DDR3

Latest NVIDIA drivers

nfi as to physX build

will post how I go (although if it works now I may be a while!)

DarkMellie - I hope you did read the whole issue-threads regarding a SLI build (and the issue-threads regarding the use of just one gtx295).

Do you got SLI working already with the game?

Else, I fear that this blackscreen and a crashing nvidia driver my not be your only problem.

Rolled back to 182.50 and it works like a treat. Played multi and single just now, no blackscreening.

Sweet as!

EDIT: thanks Sigma! Yes, I had read through that thread and took all the actions they suggested and it worked fine for a while. Then it was either;

a. plugging in my joystick

b. installing Ultramon

c. EVGA patch and 186.18 drivers

that ruined the game. I have now rolled back and it works fine, I will test out the joystick in the morning.

Edited by DarkMellie

could you give your detailed specs then please?

What OS?

What options enabled/disabled in nvidia CP?

Did you rename the exe?

Did your gfx-cards got detected properly (I suppose so, because you use less than 8 gigs of RAM)? => local/nonlocalVRAM in your config

same problem here, keeps turning to black screen and saying: "receiving" the whole time. Have to alt tab out of game.

I got a 8800GTS, yes I know now the best gaming card out there but it works fine enough for me.

Your "recieving" problem ist another one that that the OP presented - I suppose.

As far as I informed myself the screen going black - then going to winddows while still having sound - is related to graphic driver crashes, whereas I'm not so sure if your problem is gfx-drv related too.

There are some threads around this forum stating that "recieving" problem. I dont think it has something to do with your gfx card, though.