Sign in to follow this  
Faucon EPC

Please don't use Securom copy-protection!

huh? no? yes?

I repeat :

Go to this :

Look & read the securom support site - maybe the securom removal tool helps:

https://support.securom.com/index.html

you will find what you search.

Yes there is limited number of installation.

To prevent use Windows uninstallation and not manualy or format uninstall.

I think that the steam protection is realy better but I don't have a good connection 1Mb/s

So it take me to long time to download more than 8 Go. If only they have gived the possibility to have a DVD version of what we download on steam ^^.

I have done a bad manipulation with Securom and now after installing on 2 computers with one DVD I must purchase 2 others DVD if I want to play again.

It couldn't appear with Steam security and I just want to play on my personal two computers lan.

I am waiting a response from Securom since saturday.

505 games say that's illegal so they can stop the contract when they want.

So I don't want to buy another Securom game anymore and waiting Bohemia to remove Securom.

I saw petitions against Securom in games on 5 web french gamers forum and I see that EA games don't want securom anymore too. Why choose this one?

OMG, you are the biggest idiot on the planet.. This is wha SecureRom is fricken for... I can't believe lame pirates like you who think they can play on 10 computers with one DVD even exist..

Seriously find a gun and shoot yourself. ou are the biggest moron on the planet saying SecureRom is not what people want, because the purpose of

not wanting SecureRom is for your piracy...

Please tell me this is a SecureRom employee trying to sell his software, because if you are genuine.. you are a certified moron PHD and quite frankly the dumbest person in the world

I was 100% against DRM protection for my own reasons.. but after reading your post.. I have dropped to 95% and for the first time EVER understand why DRM exists.. I mean seriously you just fucked

the world forever with your dumb post

Edited by GA.Shrug

Securom is crap, Starforce is even worse. That is why I bought the Steam version. This way I can install on any computer that I want to while the Steam security ensures you won't have several people at different locations playing on the same copy. The real problem with DRMs is that they don't prevent piracy and they only end up becoming a hassle for the legal end user. Especially since most gamers enjoy having the box and hard copy but do not want the hassle of using the CD/DVD all the time. Fortunately services like Steam help to eliminate the need to carry the disc with you when you go to LAN parties and tournaments.

SECUROM is the worst crap ever, TAGES and online actication is the best imo! Securom killed 2 drives in the past and the disc could not be read on my newly bought dvd drive, its a joke.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Securom is crap, Starforce is even worse. That is why I bought the Steam version. This way I can install on any computer that I want to while the Steam security ensures you won't have several people at different locations playing on the same copy. The real problem with DRMs is that they don't prevent piracy and they only end up becoming a hassle for the legal end user. Especially since most gamers enjoy having the box and hard copy but do not want the hassle of using the CD/DVD all the time. Fortunately services like Steam help to eliminate the need to carry the disc with you when you go to LAN parties and tournaments.

Steam is not an option, because you have massive problems with mods then right?

SECUROM is the worst crap ever, TAGES and online actication is the best imo! Securom killed 2 drives in the past and the disc could not be read on my newly bought dvd drive, its a joke.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Where as Starforce was popular for killing drives, this is the very first time I've ever heard of Securom killing a drive, much less 2 from the same person. I've heard of it messing with various settings and locking people out who had emulation software installed, but never outright killing it. As for TAGES, that crap is just as bad as any other DRM available, especially since it doesn't allow ANY revocation of activated products.

i have zero problems with STEAM and mods , please do not spread FUD

Well, there doesn't seem to be much point in answering to this thread. But since I'm suffering too ...(it's the first time I bought a title with securom, ever I think.. well.. the last game I've bought was OFP:Resi, so... ).

I disgust securom. I really hate it. More often than not, my drive will not read the dvd. Not even MS explorer will recognize something is in the drive and if he does, the drive starts howling like hell sometimes, spinning around for minutes, only to let me know, that he couldn't read the damn dvd. And then suddenly, after 10 or 20 minutes and 75 get in and get out orders to the dvd, he will accept the disc.

And no: it's a pretty new drive which isn't all dusty yet.

It's a shame that such products like securom and all the DRM-crap out there even exists. It's an absurdity. And if your game comes with a heavy multiplayer part, I don't see, why you would add something like that for protection. Really.

Securom? Way to go! You moron. (addressed to whoever is accountable to add this crap to this lovely title). :/

...though it helps to easily build up some aggression before goin' to war :D hehe, that is.. if you manage to in reasonable time. :|

I buy this game in Slovak store per 33€ but under STEAM cost this game 48€.

If can be used to activate dvd key arma 2 on steam will be very happy. now is not possible and nobody from BIS is not possible reply.

To remove Securom files if you have the same mater as me (Key already exist when trying to play lan with 1 DVD and the game loked on both computer) and you want to solve it:

You have to remove all securom's files. The Securom's team ask me to do this and it works. In my case I have uninstall with windows, revoke.exe to be sure for my keys, than remove.exe to uninstall regedit Securom, than remove manually the lasts files on "regedit" and "AppdData" folder. What a barbarian way! lol ^^.

"

Hello.

Thank you for your email.

You can remove all SecuROM related files, folders and registry keys if

desired.

To manually remove SecuROM related files, folders and registry keys:

SecuROM has different authentication features which each publisher can choose

to use. The two most popular features are the disc check and product

activation. SecuROM features are used for every title individually. This means

you can have two games with different SecuROM versions installed.

During launch, SecuROM unpacks the files it needs to operate correctly.

Please find attached the SecuROM components.pdf which is a list of the files

and registry keys typically stored on a Windows PC when using a SecuROM

protected application.

If you have a SecuROM protected executable, you can run it with 2 parameters

to remove files (it's similar to what the SecuROM Uninstaller tool does).

game.exe /uninstall

This removes all SecuROM files, unless they are not locked by any other

process. For example, certain software installed on your PC may interfere

with the uninstaller (e.g., security tools which prevent modifications of the

registry, windows explorer locking files, et.).

The following files are deleted:

- CmdLineExt.dll (in your Windows\system32\ folder) + the Windows registry

entry for it: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\CmdLineExt

- drm_dyndat_*.dll (one or more files; * stands for several digits) (in your

temp folder)

- drm_dialogs.dll (in your temp folder)

- SecuExp.exe (in your temp folder)

game.exe /fulluninstall

This is what the standalone SecuROM Uninstaller does as well. It deletes the

files like the /uninstall parameter above and in addition looks up the DRM

license settings and if possible deletes them as well (if they are

uncritical).

The SecuROM uninstaller has two states for the DRM data (license settings):

1) uncritical - the registry key and the folder are both deleted

2) critical - if you have an online activation stored in the DRM data, you

would lose one of your activations, therefore we don't delete it. The second

type of critical DRM data is when SecuROM product activation is combined with

a trial period of a game. This case is very rare.

If in your case the DRM data can't be deleted by the SecuROM Uninstaller it

might be that they contain your online activation of the game. This data is

stored on 2 places:

- The hidden SecuROM directory in your user folder

Windows 2000/XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application data\SecuROM\UserData

Windows Vista 32/64 Bit:

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\SecuROM\UserData

Windows 98SE/ME:

C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\<USER>\Applicationdata\SecuROM\UserData

- In the registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SecuROM

Note, the DRM data are not running processes, they are simply the storage of

your Activation license.

To remove the DRM data you have to first revoke the application. Run the game

executable with the parameter /revoke to start this process (please note that

not all PC games support this feature as it is up to the publisher to decide

whether or not to implement the revocation functionality offered by SecuROM).

Uninstalling the SecuROM protected application removes the SecuROM wrapper

around the executable.

Complete removal of unpacked SecuROM files and folders:

This means, if you run game.exe /uninstall and it runs fine, all SecuROM files

and folders are removed (except for the DRM data).

If you run game.exe /fulluninstall or the standalone SecuROM Uninstaller and

it quits without an error, all files + the DRM data are deleted.

Important: If you launch a SecuROM protected executable after the uninstall,

all SecuROM files, folders and registry keys are restored since they are

required for the launch of the application. You also have to activate your

game again if you deleted the critical DRM data.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team

SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com

or via e-mail: support@securom.com

"

I play on arma 2 now on my 2 PC, but I block Lan access with my firewall to be sure I can play without any matter and I play the campaign solo only on one computer and the other is for multi internet. I don't play lan because of Securom.

I think CP is useless on a game like this. Because who would not want to buy original for multiplayer

y'know since I have installed Arma 2 DVD I have noticed strange problems, strangest being my Hard drive went all wierd on me the other night.

Just going to my computer/program files took an age, the drive just wasn't responding as it should.

Had to checkdisk then do a virus scan, no errors, no virus.. but since I did that the disk is better (doesn't seem its normal self but it is certainly better than before)

or would this just be down to the system crashing so much because of Arma 2 ? :p

yeah beta patches have no securom, why can't it just be removed. It gives me nonstop problems!

I'm trying to figure out exactly what Faucon is moaning about. I have had no problems with securom ever with anything because I approach things with something that appears to be lacking in most PC users and that is common sense. (anyone who has ever worked in an IT department will know why the "U" word is in bold italics)

Faucon you seem to be lacking in this simple thing as in one post you have admitted to an attempt at software piracy and in another you threaten an act of terrorism... Been to any Al-Qaeda holiday camps lately?

Seriously, anyone with half a brain knows that if you install the same copy of a game on two computers and allow them to talk to each other then they aren't going to be happy.

Flaming aside, all DRM software is likely to be invasive and annoy anyone but sadly the amount of piracy forces companies to use it. If people spent less money implementing DRM on their software then perhaps prices could be lower and may discourage piracy but then who wants to take the gamble?

I'm all against Securom and DRM. Both are practically outlaw, because you cannot even make a backup copy of something that You own. But well, if something changed in the matter of copyrights, please inform me...

Flaming aside, all DRM software is likely to be invasive and annoy anyone but sadly the amount of piracy forces companies to use it. If people spent less money implementing DRM on their software then perhaps prices could be lower and may discourage piracy but then who wants to take the gamble?

I hope that I'll never have to use DRM hardware :P

Um, a flash drive that would contain somekind of universal copyprotection system (for most games!)

that would not slow down game loading and won't decrease performance

(which happens for some with securom @ arma2) would actually be an interesting thing..

/dreams

Securom needs to go away. Or give us a 1.04 beta build atleast :p

I too would like to see Securom dropped from future versions. It's been so comfortable using the betas and not having to worry about the DVD being in the drive.

To remove Securom files if you have the same mater as me (Key already exist when trying to play lan with 1 DVD and the game loked on both computer) and you want to solve it:

I play on arma 2 now on my 2 PC, but I block Lan access with my firewall to be sure I can play without any matter and I play the campaign solo only on one computer and the other is for multi internet. I don't play lan because of Securom.

You do understand that purchasing the software only gives you the right to have one copy of the software running at any time? Read the Licence Agreement. This is part of the reason that software comes with CD-Keys and DRM such as Securom. If you want to have 2 copies of the software running on a LAN in multiplayer, then you need to buy 2 copies of the software. Do the right thing and stop being a dick.

since the nazi moderator closed my post, I'll post again in here.

Can a developer or a member of the BIS team say something about this?

A lot of other developers have removed SecuROM when they had it originally.

since the nazi moderator closed my post, I'll post again in here.

Can a developer or a member of the BIS team say something about this?

A lot of other developers have removed SecuROM when they had it originally.

BIS have always removed the copy protection from their games. Just give it time. I believe your thread was closed because it was redundant.

it shouldn't take till the last patch. That means ArmA 2 won't have secuROM in 2 years and by that time I may not be playing anymore.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what Faucon is moaning about. I have had no problems with securom ever with anything because I approach things with something that appears to be lacking in most PC users and that is common sense. (anyone who has ever worked in an IT department will know why the "U" word is in bold italics)

Faucon you seem to be lacking in this simple thing as in one post you have admitted to an attempt at software piracy and in another you threaten an act of terrorism... Been to any Al-Qaeda holiday camps lately?

Is it common sense being arrogant? Just because you don't understand it may make sense...

It is an option to remove securom offered to customers owning legitimate copy of the game having problems with the copy protection.

Does it make sense? For me it does.

I am having problems with securom and find the time trying to convince my DVD drive to read the disc unnecessary.

No piracy, no offence.

Regards,

Edited by spangg

since the nazi moderator closed my post

Not going to endear you to the moderators , especially since you obviously have no idea what Nazism is.

Now go wash your mouth out with soap.. :p