Sign in to follow this  
Faucon EPC

Please don't use Securom copy-protection!

For french peoples where am I,

Securom is like a nuchlear bomb killing players and the game to avoid hachers which go throwth in one week.

Just listen to the communoty gamers for your choice of security please.

Thanks.

P.S.: I think you can sell minimum 20% better without securom ^^

Put another security whith less restriction if you want ^^

You think Securom is bad, be glad it didn't use Starforce. Way more intrusive and damaging to your system than any version of Securom, past or present. Personally I never had a problem using Securom. Only thing I ever have a problem with is limited activations, which thankfully this game doesn't have (at least the 505 version).

You could buy the Steam version, no Securom there.

I'm French and I don't have any problem with the fact the game has securom.

It's just too bad we can't register our game through steam so we are not forced to put the DVD in the DVDplayer each time.

i'm french too and don't have any problem at all with securom ( just that few times he ask me to put the cd in the cdplayer , which is already in , i.ie im playing and close the game , i restart it 10 min later and it ask me for the cd , but only once a day maybe , not big deal ) .

On the other hand i agree that securom is useless as games r cracked in less than 3 - 4 days most of the time , but honestly i dont see the prob to have securom , too lazy to put the cd in cdplayer ? ;)

Wait a few mths and im sure they will do the same they did for arma 1 :) .

I think that the steam protection is realy better but I don't have a good connection 1Mb/s

So it take me to long time to download more than 8 Go. If only they have gived the possibility to have a DVD version of what we download on steam ^^.

I have done a bad manipulation with Securom and now after installing on 2 computers with one DVD I must purchase 2 others DVD if I want to play again.

It couldn't appear with Steam security and I just want to play on my personal two computers lan.

I am waiting a response from Securom since saturday.

505 games say that's illegal so they can stop the contract when they want.

So I don't want to buy another Securom game anymore and waiting Bohemia to remove Securom.

I saw petitions against Securom in games on 5 web french gamers forum and I see that EA games don't want securom anymore too. Why choose this one?

Been playing the DVD version (with Securom or whatever it is). Game works perfectly, computer hasn't exploded, the CIA haven't taken over my personal information etc etc ad naseum... If you have any specific complaints, post them up so maybe someone can help you find a solution. Otherwise, stop complaining for the sake of it. Have a nice day :wink_o:

if you don't like SR then why not buy at STEAM, Sprocket, Direct2Drive, GamersGate ?

Because French ppl need always something to complain about Dwarden ? ^^ .

Yea is what i don't understand , you know dvd version have securom , yet there are lots differents ways to purchase it ( even if you have slow connection , and 1MB/s is not that slow , just keep your pc on while sleeping ;) )

Edited by Devilsephi

I'm going to have thrown my 2 cents worth in on this. DRM like secuROM, and Starforce, does not stop copying. It's just not as easy as copying tape 2 tape like in the 80's. Even people without a fast net connection can obtain illegal copies, (through friends or a dodgy market stall, or at a car boot sale for example). The hackers generally find a way. EA have recently learned this to their great cost. "...backlash over secuROM is the most pirated game of 2008", is a description of one of their releases of last year.

I have had no issues at all with ArmA 2, as regards to secuROM. This isn't the point though. One company who's products have no copy protection at all use the motto: "Customers are not criminals". This is how it should be.

Don't like secuROM - buy digital download? Well Dwarden the point is, that there is nothing like the original copy sat there on your shelf. Fresh smelling manual, ready to be digested in a loving way, checking out new feature and brand new methods of dealing out virtual death and destruction. I love the smell of a new manual in the morning.. I only use Steam when it is the cheapest option. I made my purchase from Amazon, (UK), and got it for 18 pounds as opposed to 35. Bottom line is the original, boxed copy is the best imo.

DRM is not the way to go about defeating software/music/video pirates, no lets drop that romantic term pirate, and use the correct term, thieves, it just make legitimate customers a tiny bit more miffed with every DRM stamped product that they buy. How much miffin, (I said MIFFIN!), can one man take, before he's had enough and turns to the other side, and joins in the backlash, (see 1st paragraph).

The best way to avoid a product being drestroyed by hackers is to make it a good one. People will pay for stuff that is worthwhile. This game ArmA 2 is in that bracket. Brilliantly unique, (not counting OFP and ArmA of course ;) ). Well worth the money. The only downside to this is that Hollywood/Simon Cowell/ and certain "larger" games developers wont be able to churn out crap release after crap release every bloody month. And this is really the point of DRM imo...protecting the crap that people like EA churn out.

Done.

Edited by Bascule42
spelt cowell "coweel"...should have left it

I repeat, I didn't want to hack the game.

I bought a DVD Arma 2 thinking it works like console games for several persons for one DVD. Then I install it with my legal key on my two lan PC.

When I wanted to play then there was wrote key already in use.

since this time, nothing can do the game works.

I uninstall properly on the two PC and install on a single computer but the twice registers were poluted by securom non erasable folders.

On top of that when I tried to play to Arma 2 on lan with the demo i downloaded, I could play on the two PC without two different demo downloaded!

i am not thinking illegal!

Lot of Frenchies here. :)

I don't have any issues with my 505games copy so far, except that switching dvd all day long is boring.. :rolleyes:

But i'm of those who think that securom and deriveted are useless, games that you find by warez do not incorporate those protections so what ? In plus of being useless DRM can sometimes be a big pain on the ass for those who buy their games, in some case pushes people to hack their own games, in others sell their copy and dl the game ..

Good quality product with good mp and regular updates with banned serials in, is the only way to make people buy a game.

Edited by dunedain

I see that you have Windows 7.

If you format your HDD with all games in Securom will ban you because the key is already in use.

You must uninstall by windows before format the HDD.

You have to put DVD every time and at long buy another DVD after one year of full gaming.

If you do a bad manipulation like me you are ban.

If you are in a lan party you have to bring all the DVD for every one and every games.

A hacker take a week to make a software to pass through, the real consommer take one month to have money to pay a new game *exegrating a little, an can play if he don't make a mistake of use again.

Securom kill the game for those who bought the game, not for illegals people who have a better gaming live and experience without security and having noCD.

The securom removal tool is only in the case where you erase the game without Windows software uninstall. In this case I tried it and it didn't work.

I see a second program for removal tool, ok I trie it to...

It remove Securom from my regedit ^^ nice shot soldier XD (so I took removaltool.exe not revokearma2 Norailgunner ;) it was where I failed)

I try to install the game on only one computer...

Edited by Faucon EPC

So all the DVD's have limited installs?

Where do i find the revokearma2.exe if i want to unactivate the install if i need to reinstall ARMA2 wihtout having changed hardware etc?

Thanks.

Alex

Am I the only one who agrees? SecuROM literary raped my computer with Far Cry 2. I was running XP and it wouldn't let me play it, and I was extremely frustrated since it was the day the game came out and I wanted to play it.

I got so annoyed I downloaded and launched a crack for the game which was a virus (I heard it was already cracked, so I thought maybe it'd work).

A bad virus.

I ended up having to format my computer to play the game.

Thanks, SecuROM.

Uses NoRailGamer web link to find revoke.exe

So I tried to remove securom with the removal tool.

It clean my register.

The game is installed but it don't want to lunch.

I must have an answer of Securom I think for activate once again the key.

This Security is very bad.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

I wanted to try my other games on my computer and now all the autoruns don't start!!!

i only can start my farcry 2, War hammer and all other games manualy!

I am thinking of bombing Securom office! realy!

Why this very bad choice Bohemia?

I think that's publishers choice, not Bohemia.

I try another time to uninstall the game, then use Securom removal tool.

I install the arma 2 game and this time I tick install for all players on the computer and

at the end of installation I tick lunch the game directly.

It works ^^.

I lunched again the game with manualy executable it don't works. :(

So I can't play after the installation and all my games automatics lunch are down. :(

I see that you have Windows 7.

If you format your HDD with all games in Securom will ban you because the key is already in use.

You must uninstall by windows before format the HDD.

Not all Securom games need to be revoked before reformatting, and even then it isn't a problem to get the key reactivated. I've contacted support to get Bioshock, Far Cry 2, and Crysis Warhead keys working because I didn't deactivate and had no problem getting them to do it. Other Securom games that DON'T have activation limits (just a basic DVD check) are Fallout 3, ArmA 1, Neverwinter Nights, Elder Scrolls 4 - Shivering Isles, Devil May Cry 3/4, Clive Barkers Jericho, Hitman Blood Money, Dead Space, Battlefield 2142, Company of Heroes, STALKER Shadow of Chernoyble, and a whole lot more. None of those will ban you from installing, just stop you if there's a problem. Once the problem is resolved, you can install (usually something like an emulation drive causes this).

You have to put DVD every time and at long buy another DVD after one year of full gaming.

If you do a bad manipulation like me you are ban.

If you are in a lan party you have to bring all the DVD for every one and every games.

I really don't know what you're talking about except the part about passing around a DVD at a LAN party, which is exactly the kind of crap that put PC gaming where it is now. It would be nice if games had the option that Starcraft did (install on unlimited PCs with LAN copies, but only 1 master install allowed so 1 disc could be used for tons of people at LAN parties). Why would you have to buy a new DVD after a year? The Securom used in the retail 505 copy has NO activation limits and Securom will not ban your CD key because the copy protection has no online component. Are you using a digital download that has limited activations or a retail 505 copy?

A hacker take a week to make a software to pass through, the real consommer take one month to have money to pay a new game *exegrating a little, an can play if he don't make a mistake of use again.
Unfortunately some games have cracks and copies out before it even hits store shelves (Assassins Creed, anyone?). I'm not sure what the second part of this was supposed to mean again. Sorry.
Securom kill the game for those who bought the game, not for illegals people who have a better gaming live and experience without security and having noCD.

The securom removal tool is only in the case where you erase the game without Windows software uninstall. In this case I tried it and it didn't work.

Securom is unfortunate, but thanks to the pirating and passing of DVDs at LAN parties (anyone who's been to a LAN party from the 90's to mid 00's knows what I'm talking about, we've all been guilty of passing around Worms 2 or Unreal Tournament) it's being forced on us because publishers want to show the investors "Hey, we're doing something to try and prevent unauthorized copying" regardless of how effective it is. If you're trying to uninstall Securom make sure ALL securom related games are uninstalled first, then use the Securom removal tool then try reinstalling and see if that solves your problem about getting the game to work on at least one computer.

You do realise that NoDVD crack is perfectly legal if you own original copy of the game?

@Litos

What?

The Digital Millenium Copyright Act of 2001 made it illegal to participate in DRM bypass technology even if the act of bypassing that DRM is within your rights.

No CD crack is an absurdity if it's legal.

you have to wait an other man to do something legal, on top of that this man isn't from the development of the game.

Why put a DVD detector if it's useless and boring?

Why Bohemia choose an USA security which is like nuchlear bomb when the Russians have the most important community of hackers in the word (I have heard of that)?

I think they should be more effective in computer security for that Russian's ambiant game's, more than the far US. almost because it is the spirit of the game, I don't think Chernarussian want an US Security for them all life, aren't they?

Why not try a Russian security for fun ^^.

Sorry for my approximativly english again I try to do my best :P

So all the DVD's have limited installs?

Where do i find the revokearma2.exe if i want to unactivate the install if i need to reinstall ARMA2 wihtout having changed hardware etc?

Thanks.

Alex

huh? no? yes?

No CD crack is an absurdity if it's legal.

you have to wait an other man to do something legal, on top of that this man isn't from the development of the game.

Why put a DVD detector if it's useless and boring?

Why Bohemia choose an USA security which is like nuchlear bomb when the Russians have the most important community of hackers in the word (I have heard of that)?

I think they should be more effective in computer security for that Russian's ambiant game's, more than the far US. almost because it is the spirit of the game, I don't think Chernarussian want an US Security for them all life, aren't they?

Why not try a Russian security for fun ^^.

Sorry for my approximativly english again I try to do my best :P

If you're trying to point out ARMA 2 should use StarForce I'd rather hang myself.

I've had enough with SF in the Czech version of ArmA - 20 computer restarts before the thing finally acknowledged its drivers were installed, inability to burn any DVD while the malware was installed, etc.

While I'm not a fan of DRM myself (why punish the customer?) I've had no problems with SecuROM so far.

-----------------------------

DVD versions do not have limited installs.