Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

Is the AI able to give orders to subordinate groups?

When I use the High Command -module, and attach it to an AI-controlled commander, is he able to give his subordinate units simple orders, such as telling them to attack the enemy?

The reason I'm asking, is that I'd really like to be able to make a mission where I fight alongside or against AI commanders...

At the moment, this unfortunately does't work too well, if at all. I did some test-mission with AI-High-Commanders and waypoints, etc. And it didn't look like the AI-Commander was ordering his subordinates, though they would sometimes move along(?). I guess that was the sub-groups simple adaption to the current situation regardless of HC.

I really hope too, that HC will be enhanced greatly in this respect. An AI-Commander should gain a new layer of comprehension: knowing his groups, what they can (attack) and what not, based on the units skill (ai hc leader).

Second, all commands like subGroup commandMove _pos should known, if it is a subgroup (=linked to a HC-Commander) and thus the appropriate radio messages should be heared, HC-Commander to subgroup.

Then I wonder.. what for are the following commands:

• createTask, (not SimpleTask!)
  • sendTask,
  • sendTaskResult

This, and the misteriously `assign mission`-option from the command-menu in HC-Mode let me think, that it was planned to be able to assign predefined/-scripted missions to his HC-Subs. Is this correct? Can anybody enlighten us, what the possibilities are here? Unfortunately the above mentioned commands were not used in the campaign or the shipped missions, so examples are pretty rare and documentation regarding these is lacking too.