Sign in to follow this  
DDI

Suppress Command

If you hold Alt with the Quick Command open, there is a suppress command right above watch direction. I haven't been able to get it to work, does anyone know its for or how to get it to work?

Thanks

Tried it too, nothing happened :(

I'm glad you brought this up. I've tried to get the suppress command to work to no avail.

this command is broken. the "take cover" command is also broken.

BIS needs to fix these

didn't even know it exists... and logically, suppress and cover would go together. when you shoot suppressive fire at the enemy, enemy should take cover, but looks like AI still doesn't know what cover means. BI needs to work on it, its really hard to implement on this kind of game...

doesnt work for me either, i thought i just dont use it properly lol.

logically, suppress and cover would go together.

Nah, he means the "Hide" command and the "Suppress" command. They are entirely separate. The first tells your men to travel to the nearest cover or similar object (~-1-8) while Suppress is only available in the new context quick command menu and presumably would have your men fire at an area.

Like others happy you brought this up as i thought it was just me not using it properly

They are already posted in the Bugtracker by me since day 1..... lets see how many months or years they take to fix it....

First things first: does the AI actually suffer from the effects of suppression? Does this effect increase with size and/or rate of fire? IRL, something like a when machine guns speak, most people get quiet and listen. I think it helps to an extent in ArmA, but that may just be a placebo effect for me, since most of the time the AI initiates contact and I have no idea where they are.

First things first: does the AI actually suffer from the effects of suppression? Does this effect increase with size and/or rate of fire? IRL, something like a when machine guns speak, most people get quiet and listen. I think it helps to an extent in ArmA, but that may just be a placebo effect for me, since most of the time the AI initiates contact and I have no idea where they are.

in arma2 i have noticed suppression (from me with a pkm) works on AI.

tested as follows. place group of AI on road. player on hill. fire on AI once or twice to get their attention.

they scatter and begin to return fire very accurately. but when i start to fire at them their return fire is reduced noticably and seems to be less accurate. when i stop firing they resume accurate return fire.

edit - i too cannor get my AI to suppress using the command. Would like to see that fixed.

Isn't there a suppression module or something like that? Maybe you need that on there. I might be wrong I don't have the full game yet thats just what I heard.

Gutted to read this.... I've spent so long trying to get my troops to suppress, using that command, and wondering why it never worked....

I was pretty happy when I found the command. And pretty annoyed when I found out it didn't work. And that it was misspelled.

I was pretty happy when I found the command. And pretty annoyed when I found out it didn't work. And that it was misspelled.

Same except I didn't notice it being misspelled. How's it spelt in-game?