Sign in to follow this  
W1NDOWL1CKER

HOLD gametype

I am surprised and diappointed that there are just a handful of servers running the HOLD gametype.

On some days there aren't any at all...

Personally i like this type the most, but all i see is tons of coop servers, where i have to fight bots that are either to stupid to shoot back (easy setting) or that are so extremely deadly that they will see you right through thick forest, no matter how hard you try to hide (veteran setting or higher).

It is so much more rewarding to play against real people! Please, let me have more real adversaries, can i? Please?

Amen to that buddy, post your IP address if you play only HOLD(AAS).(Addition, not mentioning the better performance of the game) We need an AAS/HOLD community, if you are reading this please guide us...

Edited by Gringo85

Don't know what's happening and where players are going to. People were asking for AAS for CO so long and now the server is empty. :confused:

School happened I think. I am planning on some AAS sessions for sure in a few hours and hope to get some folks I spoke to who are installing the game for the 1st time (veteran Joint Ops players) to join me.

i (european) cant complain about hold gametypes. mostly in the evening at ~8pm (CET) and even before, AAS server are pretty full. but im struggling to find some, which do not need CO. only got OA :(

what has happened to Charlie Foxtrott Public Server?

Mhm, the CF server just dissapeared. I've seen some locked sessions since then, but not the good old server. Now the two more active PvP servers are the DAO.nu Berzerk II server (the better one, IMO) and the Basecamp AAS server. DAO.nu is mostly better populated. Maxed @ 120 players. But they're seriously active only after work, though. Don't expect to see 70ppl online in midday or so.

PS - i'm talking about Europe.

Well, if the only PvP running now is Berzerk, I won't be coming online soon :(

yeah, me too, since it needs CO. :jail:

Having extensively played both Berzerk and AAS, I'd say I prefer the former. I find AAS missions too restrictive and they usually last only 20 minutes or so. Berzerk, on the other hand, (especially Berzerk II) takes a lot longer, and progresses from a pure infantry fight at the beginning to all-out technical warfare at the end of the battle, as players earn more funds and buy more advanced armor.

But well - to each his own, I suppose. You're allways wellcome on DAO.nu!

PS - a short footage of gampelay on the server I mentioned, taken by me. Nothing fancy, just simple combat -

Cheerio!

My own experience with Berzerk (and I tried a lot) ends in 3/4 of the time in one side locking out the other in their main spawn for the whole duration of the mission, after they took all middle objectives in the first 10 minutes. After which it is an easy turkey shoot for the guys having all the positions, shooting at the other team who must come from kilometers away in a single direction. Ends up essentially in 45 minutes of non-challenging fight, or desperate (and horribly long) runs for attackers from their main spawn to trying something on digged in, camping defenders.

When this situation occurs in AAS (one team overrunning the other fast), the game ends fast because the better team gets all the objectives. Yes, AAS sometimes run shorter, and you know what? It is GOOD. There's no need to lengthen an unbalanced fight for 1 entire hour. Challenge comes when the opposition gives you a run for your money, and it doesn't happen in unbalanced fight.