Sign in to follow this  
arma2disapointed

viewdistance and other dissapointments

What do you think BIS should work on. One thing "usually" decrease the other.  

403 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think BIS should work on. One thing "usually" decrease the other.

• View and drawing distance. (realism)
    • Increasing units that can be on map simultaniusly (less lag)
    • Graphics improvement (look at this, amazing)
    • Physics improvment (could be penetration values)
    • Add more sliders, settings (able use of very old computers)

*all 7 posts*

I think the game you are looking for is called "Operation Flashpoint".

guess you better start learning how to import ofp tank interiors

I do think a lot of people miss tank interiors.

However there have been *a lot* of gameplay enhancing changes in the engine's life.

OFP->Arma (leaning, better ai by default,swimming, streaming engine allowing bigger and more detailed worlds, better flight simulation (not perfect, but way more realistic then OFP's), more realistic lighting,better MP support (JIP!!), ability to use more units at a decent framerate)

and from Arma->Arma2

(way better ai (yes they do suppress), multicore support,even more detailed world,seemingly easier port of addons made for Arma, better soundsystem (being suppressed makes you pee your pants...), better damage system for vehicles (i love what they did to the "wheels" part), even more units at a decent framerate, highcommand, a lot of stuff i'm not thinking of at the moment.

So to me the conclusion is rather simple:

BIS is sticking to the concept they started with, but with every new game enhancing it more and more.

I'm sure there will be features people miss (actually the tank interiors are about the only feature that was in ofp that i miss) but in general the engine has been taken to a new level on each release.

My point is: if you liked OFP there is simply NO OTHER GAME OUT THERE that offers what OFP/Arma/Arma2 have to offer.

The sad thing is that if you don't buy Arma2 you'll vastly reduce your own chances of ever getting the game you want.

No other developer will really try to recreate what BIS has made as it's unfeasable financially and probably cannot be done without having some other source of income (military?) while sticking to the project.

I will wait and see what happens to the patches first. Yoma, sure you dont miss the viewdistance from Arma? Yes you right a lot has been done, but i still dont find the fourth crewmember in the abrams, could that bee that hard to do? I see it like a "misstake" from OFP that is still remaining, and its very strange that it still do.

Viewdistance is the same. Render distance is messed up.

Yes you right a lot has been done, but i still dont find the fourth crewmember in the abrams, could that bee that hard to do?

What are you on? There is a loader in the ArmA2 M1, he's the guy that is always turned out and shoots the shielded M240.

m1a2loader.th.jpg

I cannot emphasis enough how ridiculous you look continuing to argue otherwise.

Edited by Apocal
Thumbnail

So why not set the max viewdistance at 25-40.000 m, you dont need to have more than 1000 m if you dont want to anyway, and the Radar distance could be set to 100.000 m in some case. The FPS rise with fog or bad weather. Some AA defanse could sence a aircraft at 50.000-100.000 meters, but you cant see it with the eyes.

All this is simple things to edit, for those who can do it i think.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Other things that could be done is to make the grass halv as short.

Hi, that M1 is a M1A2 Tusk, the standard M1A1 Abrams IRL also have a loader, but not on

the game. Also, 25.000m as view distance will be good for the aircrafts, planes and helos,

the tanks would only need 10.000 to 15.000m of view distance, the problem is that you don't

need a PC you need a monster to run that with high settings and with enough FPS as for

play smooth. Let's C ya

So why not set the max viewdistance at 25-40.000 m

10,000 allowed for a high level of visibility while letting people have finer control over the slider? At any rate, it's not a hard limit. You use the setViewDistance command, you can take view distance to ludicrous levels.

you dont need to have more than 1000 m if you dont want to anyway, and the Radar distance could be set to 100.000 m in some case. The FPS rise with fog or bad weather. Some AA defanse could sence a aircraft at 50.000-100.000 meters, but you cant see it with the eyes.

I'm having trouble making sense of what you are trying to say here.

[/color]Other things that could be done is to make the grass halv as short.

This is pretty much the only legitimate complaint you've brought forward.

Hi, that M1 is a M1A2 Tusk, the standard M1A1 Abrams IRL also have a loader, but not on the game.

He said he was disappointed BIS hadn't "fixed" that issue, when the reality was opposite. To me that suggests he either A) hasn't actually played the game or B) is simply trolling.

10,000 allowed for a high level of visibility while letting people have finer control over the slider? At any rate, it's not a hard limit. You use the setViewDistance command, you can take view distance to ludicrous levels.

I'm having trouble making sense of what you are trying to say here.

This is pretty much the only legitimate complaint you've brought forward.

He said he was disappointed BIS hadn't "fixed" that issue, when the reality was opposite. To me that suggests he either A) hasn't actually played the game or B) is simply trolling.

1) And where can i do that, Setviewdistance, why not make the slider longer? Now its no difference between 6000 and 10000 meters at all.

2) So the radar work further than the viewdistance.

3) I have the demo, and cant find the fourth crew anyway. And its hard to belive he is in the game and not in the demo.

What do you mean viewdistance aint good, check this, arma 2 in Sara, veiw distance is fantastic.

Suspect though that your meaning the distance at which units pop into sight? That could do with sommin extra in the distance, as choppers popping out of the sky is kinda odd.

It's a cheat now to play as a loader. Just type -enableallpositions at the main menu. You can then play as a loader or even as a supply clerk on the LHD counting rounds and checking the manafest.

DayGlow

What do you mean by cheat in this context?

What is LHD?

What is a/the manafest?

1) And where can i do that, Setviewdistance, why not make the slider longer? Now its no difference between 6000 and 10000 meters at all.

Anywhere you can insert a scripting command pretty much.

2) So the radar work further than the viewdistance.

I think but I'm not sure.

3) I have the demo, and cant find the fourth crew anyway. And its hard to belive he is in the game and not in the demo.

Believe it. Unless you want to believe I shooped a loader and a shielded 240 into my picture.

It sure seems like the radar is independent of the view distance

Erm M1A2 TUSK abrams has a loader, he just uses the M240 mg as far as i know.

Its quite pointless to have a loader if all he does is nothing. Unless you make a loading minigame or some such shit

Tanks have some kind off aiming system that works in night or thrue fog if they are not from WW2 era. Current generation tanks, and then its the AA systems that have far seeing radars. It´s a military sim right?

The Demo that i have is v1,02 somthing, and the fourth crew is still hiding in the abrams. So what i could understand, it should be five crews in the TUSK? Or have the TUSK a autoloader?

I always hear his voice, but have never seen him, the only time was when is saw the homer´s abrams addon to OFP1, and he did not do any harm to the game in any way.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Erm M1A2 TUSK abrams has a loader, he just uses the M240 mg as far as i know.

Its quite pointless to have a loader if all he does is nothing. Unless you make a loading minigame or some such shit

What are you doing when youre riding back off the BMP?

Edited by arma2disapointed

Are you seriously comparing being a passenger in an IFV with being a loader in a MBT? I hope I just misunderstood your point.

Are you seriously comparing being a passenger in an IFV with being a loader in a MBT? I hope I just misunderstood your point.

Yes youre right, i dont see the problem to have a loader, if you dont want to bee a loader, let the AI be him. Or a least have a option in game settings that allow 100% realism, like allpositions on/off. And there is no point to balance a military sim unit against unit, war is balanced in other ways. To say thats cheating is not serious at all.

Who win the war is not the one with the longest gun.

Edited by arma2disapointed

Who win the war is not the one with the longest gun.

That depends on how you define winning. Nowadays the longest/biggest/most advanced/most guns win at first, but loose in the end. That's because the more people you kill, the more people start hating you.

That depends on how you define winning. Nowadays the longest/biggest/most advanced/most guns win at first, but loose in the end. That's because the more people you kill, the more people start hating you.

And that´s depends on how you define killing and witch weapons you use. Ofqourse we are all trying to improve the game, so the result would not be a mess.