Sign in to follow this  
BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases Editorupgrade

ANTH, eventually everyone had editorupdate in OFP. Make maps to include them and just be patient. play the ones w/o for now. The game isn't even on shops shelves in the US yet ! ;)

Anth;1347969']Is a shame.

Indeed. Maybe people should just d/l the addon ;) It's even signed. Sooner or later you need addon packs for missions anyway.

Thanks Lester & Mapfact! :)

Imho few KB or even MBs arent that hard to download if people are able to dl & play with other + mostly bigger addons/mods.

Anth;1347969']Yeah I needed the trees and bushes but if people need the addon then I cant use it. Is a shame.
A little explanation especially for you :rolleyes::

In OFP/ArmA/ArmA2 many 'simple objects' are defined only by just a handful values in the models' date=' like the most fences/walls/signs/rocks and of course [b']bushes and trees[/b].

That's enough to use them in a islandplaced form!

But the only thing to get them into the Editor is to define a new class for them, and that's the final point.

This classes are set in the Editorupgrade and to work correctly all machines have to use this addon.

@KeyCat

The Streetlamps like models are allready in there (Signs, L- type and Industry R-type also 2 of them), but actually they have no light.

Enlightable streetlamps (in different ways to use them via Editor) will be added in the next updated version and comes in an extra category.

Edited by Lester

@KeyCat

The Streetlamps like models are allready in there (Signs, L- type and Industry R-type also 2 of them), but actually they have no light.

Enlightable streetlamps (in different ways to use them via Editor) will be added in the next updated version and comes in an extra category.

Thanks for clarifying Lester, keep it up!

/KC

I'd much prefer if the Mapfact guys split this into two separate addons - one that just unhides already existing content and then one that adds whatever extra they added. This way the editor updgrade wouldn't be required by others. It's also a lot more modular.

I'd much prefer if the Mapfact guys split this into two separate addons - one that just unhides already existing content and then one that adds whatever extra they added. This way the editor updgrade wouldn't be required by others. It's also a lot more modular.
If you need a 'unhide existing class EU', you should use the other existing EU for ArmA2.

Sry, i can't remind the name of the autor, you have to search by yourself.

I don't get it. Already with ofp we needed an editor upgrade to `unlock` whats already there. Why doesn't BIS just make all it's objects useable in the editor in the first place? Is there a good reason not to except, uhm, laziness? :/

Lester, forgott to ask.... Do you plan to add some "invisible targets" in the future? They sometimes came in handy in OFP/ArmA.

/KC

Lester, forgott to ask.... Do you plan to add some "invisible targets" in the future? They sometimes came in handy in OFP/ArmA.

/KC

yes, they would come with an other small addon ... i can't wait for my holydays to get more free time to all that things i would do. ;)
I don't get it. Already with ofp we needed an editor upgrade to `unlock` whats already there. Why doesn't BIS just make all it's objects useable in the editor in the first place? Is there a good reason not to except, uhm, laziness? :/
I can understood that it's save some (maybe more i can espect :j:) resources, a lot of the island objects don't need a config class.

Into the bargain a lot of Objects can't manipulate in the same way when editorplaced instead of islandplaced and loose functionalitys.

(AI can't see editor played roads etc.)

But the exact reasons only can told by one of the upperechelon of BIS. ;)

save some resources, a lot of the island objects don't need a config class [...] Objects loose functionality. (AI can't see editor played roads etc.)

[...]

But the exact reasons only can told by one of the upperechelon of BIS. ;)

Well, if all that is needed is to write some additional config files, then they really could have hired a student (apprentice) or a trainee or something. It doesn't look like it's that much work anyway.

And the example with the roads is IMHO an outlier/extrem example. Most objects should work just fine, no?

The point is, all those hidden objects are a great resource for mission-makers. The objects are there anyway. Give us access to them. Directly without any 3rd party addon.

Hey, I'm glad you did open them to us by an addon. But I'd rather don't use any addons at all for my missions (I simply hate it when you need addon this and addon here and another addon there only to play some shity mission, hehe. Though if you talk FDF and such total conversions or single-all-in-one-packages, then I'm fine with that.).

So in conclusion, I hope your work renders itself useless thanks to a future patch from BIS, wich will unlock its own objects. :D

Sooner or later you need addon packs for missions anyway.

Hey, there are some of us who still strongly believe in making addon free missions.

I second this.

Okay, that seems to be more of a philosophy discussion - I'm pefectly fine with that, generally - wether to play with or without addons. And please don't get me wrong, I totally respect your point of view!

But I'm not really too glad that you're discussing it here where - in my opinion - a fine addon has been released. And if you compare the addon size to the ammount of things in it I really do believe it's worth it.

Just my opinion, of course. ;)

Never the less ... whoever or whatever forced the BIS decision that not all things are available in the Editor ...

NO signs, rocks, bushes, trees, walls, fences, and some other things wouldn't be able to realize them without an Addon in the Editor, that is a clear fact !

If you only want the hiddened classes objects (houses, ruins, and a view other things) in the editor someone else have to do this work,

[EDIT]

Jons Editorupdate does it : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5932

[/EDIT]

this addon and further expansions is designed for people would use addons in missions to get the full addon power of nearly all objects ! ;)

Overall the roads aren't the only objects where islandplacing and editorplacing are 2 fully different shoes, you can add to this list also:

- any object with 'sloped' placement like many walls,

- Streetlamps (with automatic day/night mode etc.)

- all the other things i can't actually remind :j:

Edited by Lester

I'm afraid I cannot run this mod. To make sure it's no fault of mine, here's what I did:

-copied the Keys and the @MAP folder to my Arma2 directory at H:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\

- changed my link properties to "H:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@MAP -cpuCount=4 -nosplash -winxp

- ran the game, neither the common editor in the single player menu does show any changes, nor the editor you'll open with CTRL+E in the main menu.

I saw screenshots where (I got the German version) there should be an entry "LEER" inside the combobox "SEITE". Don't see anything there, don't see any changes at all.

The version I have is a downloaded version from "Gamesload".

Would be kind if one could be of help.....

Make sure that you put yourself as "player" in the editor.

After that, the "leer" entry is available.

MfG Lee ;)

yes, they would come with an other small addon ... i can't wait for my holydays to get more free time to all that things i would do. ;)

Looking forward to whatever you guys release! Ohh don't forgett to enjoy the summer ;)

/KC

I'm having a small issue. Everything loads fine and there are no error messages, but the one thing I wanted this for was the streetlights.

Why don't they light up?

Please, don't tell me you need a script to turn streetlights on.

Sorry, actually the Lightpole objects aren't able to enlight when placed in the Editor or via createvehicle !

I will build it in 'additional' objects (only config entrys) in the next days.

I hope i can do it in the next week so that you would be able to bring light when editor placed.

Also some minor patches will be also in there. ;)

The plans are gone with the wind, no one seems to have any problems with the actual form.

Of cause also no one seems to have interest in a localized version.

Please can you discribe with some words which things aren't 'proper' enough ?!

Sorry, actually the Lightpole objects aren't able to enlight when placed in the Editor or via createvehicle !

I will build it in 'additional' objects (only config entrys) in the next days.

I hope i can do it in the next week so that you would be able to bring light when editor placed.

Also some minor patches will be also in there. ;)

Thank you! Much appreciated!

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Are there any working lights in Arma 2? Streetlights anywhere?

Another add on perhaps?

Please can you discribe with some words which things aren't 'proper' enough ?!

There are lots of display names using CZ names. If I don't know what to place in the editor, I don't place it. There is no time to test all over again what this and that would been. German localization would be perferct but at least english localization should be standard.

Maybe no one cares but no one uses it? :( Otherwise it's perfect. No errors, no conflicts, no performance issues. I know it takes time to do a proper localization. But modders should be better in that than the german publisher :rolleyes::D