Sign in to follow this  
PlaceboC6

Manhattan Trouble - Suggler/2nd piece of evidence

So I have everything done on this buggy mission except the smuggler mission and the last piece of evidence. From the research I've been doing on this forum it would appear that the smuggler is supposed to have it on him.

Reading another post on this forum I went to 84x49 and found the White Truck sitting there out of gas. Two men were laying on the ground next to the truck.

My APC shot them.

One was named "Local" and one named "GameKeeper". I walked up to both and do not have an option to search them.

Am I doing something wrong?

Well, I am stuck in the beginning of the mission.When I need to report to Cpt. Shaftoe, I find him lying on the floor, dead. Because of this, I can't do anything. Please, help me!

Skywalker Start the last mission from a save if you have it and try again.

PlaceboC6 Not sure i thought they had something on them, I am watching the truck in grozbo or whatever it is and waiting for them to come. wish i had more than just 4x time advancement

PlaceboC6, I had the exact same problem. We ran into the smugglers killed both of them, got out to search their bodies for evidence and nothing. All I could do is the normal weapon looting. I've reloaded from two previous saves and same thing....

Very frustrating to be 4 hours into this mission and get shutdown because of a bug.

When I found the weaposn smugglers there were at least 4 guys around it. Although im questioning if the other two ran up to it to rearm because one of them was the CO of the base.

I found the smugglers car. It looked like he drove into a fence. No bodies around it and no people either. I blew up the empty car but it didn't change anything.

Still I could finish the mission by doing the other assignments. The smuggler and the evidence collection were the only ones left open in the end.

I found the smugglers car. It looked like he drove into a fence. No bodies around it and no people either. I blew up the empty car but it didn't change anything.

Still I could finish the mission by doing the other assignments. The smuggler and the evidence collection were the only ones left open in the end.

hi..where is the pickup bud?

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Well, I am stuck in the beginning of the mission.When I need to report to Cpt. Shaftoe, I find him lying on the floor, dead. Because of this, I can't do anything. Please, help me!

:))..nice warcrime u did...i splash helicop too..

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

When I found the weaposn smugglers there were at least 4 guys around it. Although im questioning if the other two ran up to it to rearm because one of them was the CO of the base.

hi.where u find car?..swordman told me ur mission accomlpished and return bas...wich base is that mean i return>?manhatan>?

hi..where is the pickup bud?

I found it in Krasnostav (North of Manhatten) in the North-West corner of the town, not far from the main road.

I found it in Krasnostav (North of Manhatten) in the North-West corner of the town, not far from the main road.

I found it, destroyed it but nothing happened. The second time (When I had to start the campaign again) I found the smugglers in Gro...however, the town west of Kraznostav, where Langushina comes from. But this was luck. When I had to start the mission again because of a corrupt save, I couldn't find them at all.

Both times I managed to find them they were in the town where the woman you have to capture lived in. Both time I was inserting by helo at the time so blasted them with helo gun. First time gave me credit right when done. Second time I was picked up, again by helo, and went to town that starts with a K:confused:and as I walked into town it gave me credit. :yay:

you are using a pirated version on the game, and thats one of the bugs they made. i had the same problem, after the 1.2 patch. i did buy the game, and the experience is much beter... you ahould do the same if you like arma 2. cheers

So I have everything done on this buggy mission except the smuggler mission and the last piece of evidence. From the research I've been doing on this forum it would appear that the smuggler is supposed to have it on him.

Reading another post on this forum I went to 84x49 and found the White Truck sitting there out of gas. Two men were laying on the ground next to the truck.

My APC shot them.

One was named "Local" and one named "GameKeeper". I walked up to both and do not have an option to search them.

Am I doing something wrong?

Order one of the team to search the bodies. Let's have O'Hara do it. Order him out of the APC, press F4, then action menu (6) and you should have search bodies option there. There is a clue on the bodies as to the whereabouts of their safehouse. Go there, eliminate any opposition there, then go to the house and select search house from the action menu. There will be a cutscene and you will have an important piece of evidence that you will be ordered to bring to Shaftoe ASAP.

Also, I hope you have upgraded to 1.04

i ve killed smugglers and searched the body. the safehouse has shown in the map. when i go to the safe house door open option is not available. i can not enter the safe house.

thanks

I found the van just sitting there parked in the northern most row of houses in Kraznostav, at least it looks like it as it is a white Coyota, but no one is around and I can't enter any of the houses so I have no idea what to do.

I've been at it for 2 days without any success on this part.

you are using a pirated version on the game, and thats one of the bugs they made. i had the same problem, after the 1.2 patch. i did buy the game, and the experience is much beter... you ahould do the same if you like arma 2. cheers

This happened to me and I most definately did not have a pirated version of the game, I think there are a few threads on this, one of them suggests reducing the viewdistance and then trying again - this worked for me.....

And is one of the many reasons I then got rid of the game :)

No, the Shaftoe death bug is in the legit version of the game as well. Not everyone experiences it though.

This happened to me and I most definately did not have a pirated version of the game,

I had the dead Shaftoe bug first time around too (2nd and 3rd time was fine) and unless the Steam version of the game is a pirate, the Shaftoe thing is a bug :)

If you can avoid being tipped out of the helicopter at the start and then find Shaftoe alive, you can handle any of the other bugs that this mission will throw at you :p

About the evidence, I couldn't complete this one either time I played. That white truck was in Gvosdno both times I played, if you kill those guys you should be able to search the driver's body (he might still be in the cab). The safehouse is in a town further south, you kill those guys outside and then you're supposed to be able to go to the right hand door and select 'search house' from the menu and then there's supposed to be a cut scene etc etc where HQ tells you to get back to base with whatever you found. Didn't work for me, I got all of the hostiles (5 I think) but never got that 'search house' option to trigger, tried it 3 times from different directions.

Same with the Chedaki leader, I found all the sentry points, found and destroyed the camp (without the boomerang backup) and found/searched his body and found whatever it was and the objectives came up as complete but I couldn't trigger the misison to end. I watched one of the walkthroughs on youtube and most of the voice acting was missing on my mission, so something was wrong.

On the 3rd attempt I just gave up and did the endmission cheat, the rest of the game until the final mission played fine for me.

I was wondering though, is the evidence objective required to end the mission? If it is, that's the reason I couldn't get the mission to complete :confused:.

Cheers.

Edited by 5hero

Order one of the team to search the bodies. Let's have O'Hara do it. Order him out of the APC, press F4, then action menu (6) and you should have search bodies option there. There is a clue on the bodies as to the whereabouts of their safehouse. Go there, eliminate any opposition there, then go to the house and select search house from the action menu. There will be a cutscene and you will have an important piece of evidence that you will be ordered to bring to Shaftoe ASAP.

Also, I hope you have upgraded to 1.04

Thanks Ferrando. That helped. The guy that triggered this was dead in the drivers seat in the white truck so it didn't work at first. I got in the truck as the driver which tossed him out. At that point I was able to get one of my guys to search him.

The evidence with the smugglers is with the driver whom you can find still in the car once you destroy it.

Walk up to the car, look at it, there should be a messge saying "Search body." Click it, and that's the evidence.