Hello, i'm making a mission at the moment where my squad has to speak to one of the locals to find out the information. But i have no idea how to get them to talk to one another. I've had a look at some of the missions that come with the game but it seemed a bit complex to begin with. Could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

I second this. I have a flight ~1-2 minutes at the beginning of my mission, and mean to fill it with the pilot filling you in on the details of the mission. I also have absolutely no idea how to add speech into the game! :D

Hmm, kbtell will make an unit speak to another one (by looking at this one aswell). For complex chating, use a FSM.

For more information, decompile missions.pbo and look at the campaign missions, it's useful.

Thanks, i got kbtell working but i'm not sure about these fsms? I understand they have thinks like this in:

item5[] = {"Copy_Razor__proceed",1,250,350.000000,187.000000,650.000000,237.000000,0.000000,"Copy Razor, proceed with caution. Don't just walk in there and say 'Hi', Out."};

but where are they called or intialised or whatever?

FSM are called like that:

//item4[] = {"can_you_extract",1,250,50.000000,-975.000000,150.000000,-925.000000,0.000000,"can you" \n "extract?"};

//--- "can_you_extract" refer to a class.
   class can_you_extract
   {
     name = "can_you_extract";
     init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"_nic = [objNull, _this , rKBTELL, _from,  _topic, ""Mil_ExtractThem""] call RE;" \n "" \n "if (_sentenceId == ""Coo_HostagesHere"") then {" \n "	BIS_missionScope setVariable [""timeSovaReported"", dayTime];" \n "} else {" \n "	BIS_missionScope setVariable [""timeGalkinaReported"", dayTime];" \n "};"/*%FSM</STATEINIT""">*/;
     precondition = /*%FSM<STATEPRECONDITION""">*/""/*%FSM</STATEPRECONDITION""">*/;
     class Links
     {
     };
   };

They're kinda ackward to handle, it's a flow with alot of stuff (sorry for lack of explanation i'm not a FSM pro).

Edited by Benny.

Ok, i think i'm with you, just about. But i still have 2 questions which i would appreciate anyone answering.

1. What do the numbers refer to.

2. Do you need to use triggers to get this to be actually executed in the mission or what?

Thanks again