Sign in to follow this  
Lpmike

Open World?

Will Carrier Command have an open world (Like Arma?) and an editor? A futuristic Arma would be the best thing ever, I mean EVER! :yay:

Anyone from BIS gonna clarify my confusion? :(

Yeah it should be an open world, becaouse they use the same engine and the first carrier commands were open world :)

What genre? Is a just RTS or a mix of FPS and RTS?

I think the new goal is to make some kind of future version of ofp/arma CTI. I think this will be appreciated by the ArmA 2 community which partly want scifi mods for the ArmA series.

Are there many games otthere combining rts elemnts with the possibility to control the units by youself? I don't think so. :)

Anyone from BIS gonna clarify my confusion? :(

This game is very, very early in development (if development is even started at all yet), there is practically no information available yet. When the information is available, it will be released, until then I doubt BIS is going to tell you anything (they are afterall still working on ArmA2).

I think the new goal is to make some kind of future version of ofp/arma CTI. I think this will be appreciated by the ArmA 2 community which partly want scifi mods for the ArmA series.

Are there many games otthere combining rts elemnts with the possibility to control the units by youself? I don't think so. :)

Oh, i didn't see that part on the site that said it is an FPS,

Edited by Lpmike

Well the first one was a first person real time strategy. Although when I played it I definitely lacked the strategy part.

One thing it did have though was a large amount of damage modelling for your carrier (well, statuses anyway). I look forward to decent damage modelling being in a BIS game.

A futuristic Arma would be the best thing ever, I mean EVER! :yay:

A serious futuristic sci-fi game with the realism of ARMA would be the best thing ever indeed. I have yet to see a sci-fi themed shooter that's not run and gun.

A serious futuristic sci-fi game with the realism of ARMA would be the best thing ever indeed. I have yet to see a sci-fi themed shooter that's not run and gun.

Indeed, it is a concept that hasn't really been explored much outside of mods for OFP/ArmA. A concept I think would be pretty kick-ass.

So could someone clarify, this is on the same/updated engine as the Arma series? Or have BIS totally revamped/made a new engine?

Also, is it the exact same team from Arma 2 working on this, or is it a new/changed team?

Kind Regards

Richie.

Open world is true to the original game. It's definitely the key way to go for a game like this.