Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

3Dsmax ArmA2 modding toolset

in ver 2010 you can use the new selection tool to select faces with > 4 edges

in lesser versions u ave to write a script. Give me a few hours to slepp off my NY hangover and ill post it.

Hi,

thanks for advise. I have downloaded and installed 3D SM 2010 but i found so far tool for select non-quads.

...but this tool selects polygons with more than 4 sides and TRIANGLES as well.

:(

do you have any ideas on how we could reverse-engineer the bis skeleton and do our weighting in 3ds max?

First time poster here. First of all, thanks alot for the toolbox soul. Im having a hard time exporting a model i have to O2. Everytime I try to export with "save textures" and "save material" ENABLED, I get this error message: "There was a problem with exporting, check the types of geometry you are trying to export." I simplified my file and only try to export 1 piece of the higher resolution model for the sake of testing. It exports FINE with material/textures DISABLED but crash otherwise. The piece of geometry is an editable poly, all triangulated, no smoothing groups, 1 material using the superShader. It tried this setup on max 2010 64/32 and 2009 64/32 and none works! Any hint would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Only the "save material" option makes it crash on export

Edited by damard

then check your material, make sure all model parts have the material assigned, make sure that all maps are present in the material etc. Make sure you dont have any hidden objects.

Thanks for the quick answer. Like i said in previous msg, there is only 1 object remaining in my scene. It is using 1 single material wich is using your superShader.

hey:o, im a nood to 3ds so pls bear with me, im using 3ds 09 to build a swat scope, i gone to LODs section and followed the video but when i click duplicate i get this error, --Runtime error: can't load button images: bitmap: "C:\ProgramFiles\Autodesk\3ds Max2010\scripts\ArmaToolBox2.bmp"

but i dont own 3ds 10 never have done (no need to when i have 3ds 09) also i have my 3ds 09 in a diffrent driver, in my case it D:, it not a complaint i just dont inderstand 3ds tht much to know where to start to fix it:(

thanks for this tool and videos with out this i would not have a clue about building addons:yay:

yeh, known error. To fix just make a folder by hand: "C:\ProgramFiles\Autodesk\3ds Max2010\scripts\ArmAToolBox\" and put ArmaToolBox2.bmp from the scripts folder in Max 2009 there.

Can you confirm how possible you believe it is to construct a rigging pipeline from max into o2?

It would really really be helpful, the weighting tool in o2 is utterly unintuitive

it is totally possible I just need to find someone who can quickly skin and make a proper rig in max since my experience in that is somewhat limited.

see with the axis points in the mem lods, i dont want to rotate them but instead extended them, im making a sniper periscope and aiming to have the animation of the user to select the scope and as he brings it into play extend the model before moving to the eye.

it is totally possible I just need to find someone who can quickly skin and make a proper rig in max since my experience in that is somewhat limited.

im adding you on msn RTFN

(i'll need a skeleton)

edit: wtf i have you already, why have i not noticed you online

FML

I have some Questions:

1. Why the Textures dont apear in the Viewport in max9? The Model will be only black.

2.What was the way to let the Model use only tris. My model as only quads but some round parts are in it and only change it to mesh dont create new ones.

Bf2 needed only meshes and don´t new edges. Only Turn to Mesh works.

3. Exporter tell me i used the wrong Geometry? All Objects are Polygones..

Biggest Problem is that the Eexport dont work cause of geometry >.<

€dit: Ok the Black Model is cause of the non using of a Shadow map. Could you change the tool that it appears a neutral Shadowmap to the Model if it isnt used.

My Models have the shadow map still on the diffuse map so they dont need it.

€dit2: After playing around with the option the Shader works in viewport (max9):

Tigerviewport01.jpg?t=1264533819

€dit3: I made a Object, a sphere, converted it to poly and the same problem pop up " Tigerviewport03.jpg "

Edited by BGF Krätzer

Hey I saw your video and the problems seem pretty strange to me. If you want drop me the model by PM and I can take a look, unfortunately I dont have max 9 to test with so if its a versioning problem then I cannot help but we shall try anyway :). Send me the model :)

It will be posible to export correct smoothing groups in future?

And what i have done wrong if the export work correctly but in Oxygen only Checkern Patterns will be shown as Texture and in Buldozer appears cant load texture /..../.../../tiger.paa:confused:

€dit: Sry my Texture was in the wrong folder :/ And if i colapse the Texture there is all ok with the smooth, so sry ;p

Some more errors:

While trying export with my textures

zilerror02.jpg

while trying export with standard mat

zilerror01.jpg

Edited by BGF Krätzer

Little push :rolleyes:

Some more errors:

While trying export with my textures

while trying export with standard mat

Edited by BGF Krätzer

i'd remove quoting images before a mod spanks you for it

Something wrong with your materials definitions, I would try redoing them and seeing whats really causing the problem.

PS... 2000th post :)

With definition you mean the names?

The Material should be ok, and i reset them but this changed nothing only another error^^

Get now error about unkown effect file????

wtf is an effect file?

Edited by BGF Krätzer

The effect file is the actual shader .fx file I included with the toolbox. I'll try to rewrite that part of the script to be more informative about the errors. Right now I guess if you are having so much trouble then its not worth the effort, just write the materials by hand, its not that hard :)

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

maybe post a screenshot of your material in the material editor?

It exportet now the scene, but i had to remove the lod1 and lod2. I don´t know why all lods used the same material. So The Material looks right, maybe it will work better in the next version.

Btw. what is the setting in the cfg editor for drivewheels. And how to set Memory for a Steering wheel that isn´t x and y 0°

haha you're going out of the scope of the toolset, better post these questions in another thread :)

Hi, Soul.

I've heard that you're making your toolset for Blender. Do you have plans to do the same for Modo 401??