Sign in to follow this  
sgtskywalker

The best video games.

In chronological order (I think) the games I spent the most time playing and enjoying:

• Elite - (on my mate's BBC model B - I couldn't afford one) the dawn of pseudo 3d vector graphics
  • Dungeon Master - (on the Atari ST) utterly addictive role-playing for it's time

I tought I was alone on those two. :)

How come nobody mentioned the original Tomb Raider series? Good stuff.

Also, Super Mario World... spent (and still spend sometimes) many hours on this growing up.

Half-Life and HL Mods were always good.

Another favorite of mine is Bushido Blade 2. It took forver to unlock all the characters and I'm so sad now that my old roomate took my original PS1 and games...

And obviously OFP:R.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

If you like the 1st Elite , you can try the awesome Oolite a very impressive open source remake of the first Elite , it is better in many way (and not only visually) :

http://oolite.org/

If you like the 1st Elite , you can try the awesome Oolite a very impressive open source remake of the first Elite , it is better in many way (and not only visually) :

http://oolite.org/

I've already tried. :p

But thanks anyway for telling.

1. ArmA II

2. Operation Flashpoint

3. Empire : Total War

4. Brothers in Arms : Road to Hill 30

5. Tiger Woods PGA Tournament 2006

6. Il-2 Sturmovik + Pacific Fighters

7. Rome : Total War

8. STALKER : Shadow Of Chernobyl

9. Microsoft Flight Simulator X + Add-on packs

10. STALKER : Clear Sky

11. Hidden and Dangerous 2

In the order I can remember:

1. Duck Hunt! (with gun)

2. Zork Series

3. Apache C-64

4. Bruce Lee C-64

5. Airborne Ranger C-64

6. Adventure Contsruction Set C-64

7. Football Atari 2600

8. Adventure Atari 2600

9. Larry Bird Vs. Dr .J C-64

10. Doom (s)

11. All EA Sports Maddden Football/Hockeys

12. Goldeneye

13. OFP

14. Deus Ex

15. Pirates! C-64

16. AOE2

17. Ultima VII

18. Mount&Blade

19. Arma2

*Pre-Consoles

-Defender

-Asteroids

-Joust

-Robotron

Edited by froggyluv
Spacing

Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion

1. Duck Hunt! (with gun)

Hehe, I need a light gun for ArmA2 so I can finally get a chance to shoot me a friggen dog... :j:

My favs in no particular order:

Fallout

X-com

OFP + Resistance

Arma

Ultima VII

X-wing

Planetside (nothing yet has matched the unbelievably massive scope in those early days before that 1st expansion came out and ruined it)

Deus Ex

System Shock 2

Well, it's D&D Forgotten Realms setting after all :D

I gotta agree that in ToB you were practically a demi-god near the end but then, I liked it because it properly ended that bhaalspawn saga.

But hell, the interjections, banters, romances, NPCs, soundtrack and story were a movie quality in BG2 :)

EDIT: methinks I sound a bit like a nerd after writing all this stuff :lookaround:

Don't know, I had the feeling that the whole setting more resembled Al-Qadim with all this oriental stuff (plus the trip to Planescape in the tavern with those freaky bards).

Sure the romances and all this stuff was quite nice, but nothing beats the hunt for Sarevok and the ultimate encounter in BG1 :p

In fact, I only beat BG2 + ToB once, while BG1 + TotSC over 10 times (including on LAN with friends) :D

In fact, I only beat BG2 + ToB once, while BG1 + TotSC over 10 times (including on LAN with friends) :D

K mate, we both have different opinions then ;)

BTW: http://ballukas.deviantart.com/

Be sure to check this out, this guy's project (BG comics) looks kinda nice :)

Well my friends liked the epic stuff of BG2 more than me, so I'm in the minority but wth :D

The comic indeed looks nice. Do you know about the official one published before BG release? It's free to download, check this site http://www.candlekeep.com/bookshelf/novels/21525.htm

Just click on the comic link to DL.

The resolution is a bit low and the dialogs are kinda hard to read but still a neat piece of art :D

Freecell. Oh, also Solitaire is a close second.

Abs

LOL

One of my favorites, and I don't think anyone mentioned it, is Archimedean dynasty.

my favorite games are ofp resistance, killzone series, ace combat series, fighter maker 2, tekken series, and i can't forget multiplayer in swat 3, it was great back when people used to log on.

Well my friends liked the epic stuff of BG2 more than me, so I'm in the minority but wth :D

The comic indeed looks nice. Do you know about the official one published before BG release? It's free to download, check this site http://www.candlekeep.com/bookshelf/novels/21525.htm

Just click on the comic link to DL.

The resolution is a bit low and the dialogs are kinda hard to read but still a neat piece of art :D

Ohmygawd ! There are those hideous novels by Phil Athans who utterly destroyed BG in his books :eek:

About the comics: what the hell ? I didn't even know about them ! Where did you come across them ?

And why does Kivan have Coran's face tattoo O_o

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Ohmygawd ! There are those hideous novels by Phil Athans who utterly destroyed BG in his books :eek:

About the comics: what the hell ? I didn't even know about them ! Where did you come across them ?

And why does Kivan have Coran's face tattoo O_o

Yeah, i read some reviews about Athans masterpieces of trash. I never dared to read those books :D

The comic is classic though, I stumbled across it years ago on the web, but just the same shitty resolution, never saw the original print. It might have been issued as a free gift at some RPG and tabletop stores to advertise the upcoming BG, but I'm not quite sure...

About the tattoo... I have no frigging idea :D

Freecell. Oh, also Solitaire is a close second.

Abs

Pfft. Freecell has nothing on Klondike.

Worms Armageddon... ! Freakin' game :D

Oh man Worms is awesome! :D

I owned it on both Sega 16 bit and Playstation 1 and Pc :D

It was sweet until the 3d version wich was intresting concept but it would have needed much more love put into it both graphics and control wise :p

wolfenstein, red alert (first one), Killzone, Halflife, deus x, OFP

(all in personal historic context)

Hopefully Ill be able to add Arma2 in a couple of years

Edited by svendejong
how could I forget Killzone....

Operation Flashpoint, Nuff said

Planetside, Twitch and tactical game play that caters for any playstyle and the biggest online battles ever, with 399 players on one map, buggy as hell though.

Team Fortress 2, Twitch heaven

Tribes 2, ctf has never been so frantic

Red Orchestra, Condensed tactical gunfights, on par with ofp for infantry combat imo

Galactic Conquest - Mod for BF1942, Amazing Star Wars mod that just focused on the grunts (no jedi) truly epic vehicular combat

Gauntlet, the original coop game slaughtering monsters in a 2d top down view. You could last forever on one credit and have the machine switched off on you, come closing time in the arcade.

Edited by Nanthaka