Sign in to follow this  
Blueshift

Post you most annoying bug !

There's a key you can set to raise weapon but I just click LMB and he pulls the weapon up to shoot (without actually shooting).

Helicopters IA is terrible, this must be fixed. (they kill himselfs crashing with wood all the time)

In fact, the whole IA needs a very deep revision and overhaul.

My biggest issue is the delay in the mouse movement while in game. I really can't believe I have not heard more people talking about this. It really hinders player movement, aiming and much more.... it is a show stopper for me as I just can't play it like this. The weird thing is that it does not occur in the menus if you his ESC for example.

I have tried many settings changes that other people have suggested but no luck and I am done messing with it... I think I would rather have BI fix the issue at this point.

Annoying bug!! You have to be fucking kidding me. And then you even have the gual to bitch about the peopel whining. How about you people that can actually play get the fuck out of the way for awhile and leave the trouble shooting forums to the other 10,000 people who can't even play the game yet. Fucking whiners, at least you can play the damn game. I sure bet that makes it easyier to be a prick and give all the rest of us who can't even play it a hard time.

I really can't believe I have not heard more people talking about this.

Well maybe some people haven't experienced this. My ironsights/crosshair/mouse precision is perfect.

It was the same in Armed Assault too. I never had mouse problems.

Not sure if this is a bug, but do you really have to go into "stand" stance from crouch to ready your weapon? This isnt a very healthy thing to do in a firefight...:confused:

No, I am pretty sure that my weapon is always ready no matter what my stance is. Unless I check the map. When I return from the map screen my weapon isn't ready and I click my mouse once to raise it. It's not a problem really.

For me the most annoying "Bug" (most people seem not to care, many say its "realistic" like it is here), when i try to shoot crouched through the sights, with a weapon without optical sights, the weapon plays "i move so smooth", travels around a bit and tilts the sight line. With the crosshair shooting is more precise crouching than standing, with scopes allso and somwhere a hint on the upper right side of the screens tells me to crouch or prone to get the weapon more stabil. For me this is the biggest gameplay killer, but i don't care, i love da game! (Still without it, it would be better;))

I've written it in an other post, no reaction, so i bitch and moan here! :D (Seems the right place)

A hilarious bug i had playing the coop campaign, firing one rifle round at a full speed HMMW with the 3 teammates inside, vehicle blows up, slides from the street, all teammates dead, suddenly everybody respawns, the two AI begin firing everything at me they got, but i'm suddenly immortal (and so they are), in the rush of the fight two civilians get killed, some farmers join the fight, i can't stop laughting, another car catches fire, heavy bullet rain, AI mates are out of ammo and collect farmer bullets while running around panicked.

Sometimes funny, sometimes masochism: ArmA bugs.

Grtz Ra!dar

ps: With low fps i had allso a mouse lag, but disabeling verticalsinc in nvidia settings solved it.

Annoying bug!! You have to be fucking kidding me. And then you even have the gual to bitch about the peopel whining. How about you people that can actually play get the fuck out of the way for awhile and leave the trouble shooting forums to the other 10,000 people who can't even play the game yet. Fucking whiners, at least you can play the damn game. I sure bet that makes it easyier to be a prick and give all the rest of us who can't even play it a hard time.

Exactly, I wish I could simply play the game for more than 10 minutes without it crashing.

If your talking about whiners I guess it would be anyone with an issue other than not being able to play at all. To me not being able to play at all would be the biggest issue.

I refuse to do your only 1 game :p I want to do my top three seeing as I'm here...

1) Performance. I class this as a bug because I have a very powerful PC and the game is verging on unplayable. Please give us the performance patch loving asap.

2) The insane HDR light/dark issue.

3) Campaign bugs

Fix those three and I'll be a very happy player :)

Edited by voodoochile123

The most annoying bug that I still get is the random AI deaths whenever they disembark from a parachute or helicopter. About 33% of them seem to jump out from too high up, hover in the air for a few seconds in a cartoon-like fashion then fall a few feet and get injured - or in some cases even die.

One of my friends that's just got Arma2 has never had this happen at all, but his machine is far more powerful than mine so that might be a factor, as his rig is an Acer Aspire Predator G7700 quad core (absolute beast of a machine), whilst mine's an ageing AMD 64 3700+ which still runs Arma2 fine with the modest settings, probably thanks to the 512MB Graphics Card.

Or maybe you have just recruited so much more AI. I think it depends a bit where they land too but not much. I could be totaly wrong and they die anyway.

Or maybe you have just recruited so much more AI. I think it depends a bit where they land too but not much. I could be totaly wrong and they die anyway.

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately not, it even happens on flat runways with only 4 AI's in my team. As fate would have it, it just happened on my mates machine for the very first time about 2 minutes after my last post, but it's still a rare occurance for him.

enemy AI that seemed to be locked in a small loop where the reel keeps restarting and looping over and over...so in other words the AI isn't moving anywhere except back and forth in the loop.

I see this all the time on multiplayer. I'm not sure if its a netcode problem or some sort of problem if your viewing AI from a distance.

"ERROR: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER - Your display adapter has stopped responding and Windows has shut it down. Save your work and restart the computer."

Only one bug annoying for me. I always had little issues with old BIS games just after first release, but here, is a big one :

- Receiving issue, never seen before (neither OFP or Arma), despite good overall performance in a mid/low end computer, this black screen with "receiving", ingame, is always showing, after hours of settings...

=> unplayable for me, and a lot of people, with very large range of GPU/CPU/OS...

Hope this one will be fix as soon as possible. Play a BIS game with little problems, easy to fix, seems natural to me. I always did so, and understand such a good and complicated game have several minor issues. This one is just huge !

dispite there being some nasty bugs in this game, the one that always makes me rage when it happens, is the damn parachute bug, where when you land on the ground, the chute doesn't cut and your stuck blowing around on the ground like a wind sail forcing you to respawn.

most annoying is not being able to play the game (ran fine at first - just deteriorated and the CTD's got more often)

If I were able to play the game the most annoying bugs would be the crappy loading of textures, usually happens when you respawn.

Also the nightvision disco does my head in.

the most annoying thing to me is when AI drives and i'm the gunner, when i tell him to go straight in an open field he doesn't really go straight, he makes unnecessary moves (back, right, left), it is so frustrating especially when you're under fire. I know you can use the LMB but i like to use the WADS movements.

know I should be posting my most annoying bug but just had to say, to all the people who have posted here saying their video settings don't save, you do realize if you turn read only off on your arma2.cfg file that your video settings will once again save.

That said, gotta be the ai not moving in a few campaign missions, most annoying for me

When i adjust video settings then go back to the game my screen is blurry.. i have to press esc,then continue again for it to return to normal.

For me the most anoying thing is the AI viewdistance and obviously not existing objects for them. They shot over long distances without Scopes, look through bushes, trees and walls.

A good old ArmA 1 bug transfered to ArmA 2 due to the crappy graphic engine.