Sign in to follow this  
{bdr}*nemesi*

Spacebar scanning

Great! The problem was discussed in the german realwar arma-liga. Thx for the init.sqf post!

Never heard of this... lol i still play it like if it was ofp...havent really paid attention to many of the new keyboard features

Hi all

I wonder if there is any possibility to disable the "spacebar scanning" on servers (that is looking for enemy targets by spacebar pressing, it will locate the target, target distance and target identification)

We set the class difficulties on veteran but I cannot see any voice in the server configuration to disable this feature

As Arma II is a military simulator and rely on situational awareness, I personally think the possibility of "spacebar scanning" ruins the multiplayer experience

What you think about? Thanks for help (hope in any case this can be fixed)

See you all in battles and have fun!

{BDR}Nemesi

Some are annoying, some are usefull. Some are usefull but annoying to some ppl although it is supposed to help because you don't have the same awareness like in RL when having a picture on screen. Like the spheres on the edge of your screen to simulate the corners of your "real" sight.

I do share the opinion that the scanning should be removed although this was no real reason to boycott a game or whatever because everyone has the same tools they can use. So as far as i can see nobody was in a real disadvantage except those who didn't know there was such an option or lets say because they didn't read into the options well enough which is their fault imo.

Sorry for bump up this old thread,

what's the "last" best solution to this problem

keeping AI commanding but without spacebarscanning... ?