Sign in to follow this  
Deadfast

Deadfast's FPS Counter

Heh, was literally just about to release something that did exactly the same thing (near enough). Oh well ;)

Updated to version 0.1.1:

• Removed declaration of obsolite variable (DFS_fpscounter_thold_red) causing error reports
  • Included DFS server signature key

Download!

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

9515829.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Well done Deadfast - I'd been hoping someone would come up with something like this ever since I saw the new fps command...

thanks a lot!!

B

i cant get this mod to work. i try severla versions of arma. 1.2, 1.3 and 1.3 beta

i put the files in the addOns folder like this.

c:\arma2\addons\@mod\addons\files.pbo

im using a launcher to load the mods.

but this one and several others like fps saver and slx doesnt seem to work

and others like the hdr and sun mods are working just fine.

is there something else i should do to get to work properly?

thnks

What launcher do you use?

And by not working I expect you mean it never appears in the game, right?

PS, don't know if it's actually causing the trouble but you shouldn't put mods into the addon directory itself, I believe they have a nice guide about this on Armaholic.com somewhere :)

Edited by Deadfast

Wrong: c:\arma2\addons\@mod\addons\files.pbo

Correct: c:\arma2\@mod\addons\files.pbo

You dont add the modfolder inside ARMA2's stock addon folder (it's ARMA2's own "addons" so to speak). Dont add stuff in there and dont mess with the files. You add the modfolder in ARMA2's root folder (where ARMA2.EXE is). Hence the "@" sign wich makes all modfolders you create bunch up. Bunch up for easy viewing where the addons are.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

It should be more accurate as it uses the game's own benchmark function rather than hooking into DirectX.

Is there a way to change the position from the top left of the screen to somewhere else?

I also use the Digital Compass and that is is in the top left corner of the screen also.

Thanks for the FPSCounter Deadfast!

When using the editor preview, I need to hit esc and THEN activate the frame counter. Is there a way to easily have the counter running without having to hit esc once preview has first been started?.

Very useful app by the way Big thanks.. Oh and to a prev poster yeh I reckon it's much more accurate than fraps.

Cheers

Gen

Is there a way to change the position from the top left of the screen to somewhere else?

I also use the Digital Compass and that is is in the top left corner of the screen also.

Thanks for the FPSCounter Deadfast!

I had the exact same issue when trying to use the digital compass. Hopefully someone knows the answer cuz I'd love to use it again lol

Deadfast just a recommendation: as you produce multiple mods, please generate a separate public/private key for each. I want to enable the FPS mod on my server, but not the others, and because you use the same key for each, it is impossible.

This is the basis of what I would like to have done. I have been really strugging to get past the concept though. I am not even clear on how to get the script in to this pbo format.

My idea is to adjust the view distance according to the frame rate.

Can you implement this?

Deadfast just a recommendation: as you produce multiple mods, please generate a separate public/private key for each. I want to enable the FPS mod on my server, but not the others, and because you use the same key for each, it is impossible.

All of my signed addons are client-side only and do not provide any unfair advantage in multiplayer, hence the shared sig.

This is the basis of what I would like to have done. I have been really strugging to get past the concept though. I am not even clear on how to get the script in to this pbo format.

My idea is to adjust the view distance according to the frame rate.

Can you implement this?

Sorry, that would be a bit far away from what the intention of this addon is so it won't get implemented by me.

PBO is not a script but a file container, bit like a ZIP or RAR archive in a sense. You can use Kegeys' cpbo (part of the Tools package) to unpack the FPS counter's data and see if anything will help. For any further assistance you should use the editing section though :)

Anyone know how to get this to work with OA?

Follow the directions? Works the same way for A2 or OA.

thanks uts working now. dunno why it wasnt before. great little addon