Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

Visitor 3/4 for ArmA 2

I just wanted to ask a few things.

Will the new tools for ArmA 2 include Visitor 4?

If not, what will have massively changed in the Updated version of Visitor 3 for ArmA 2? Import/Export ESRI Shape Files? Landbuilder intergrated? Direct Import of DTED/SRTM/DEM/DSM/Other Information? Specific Terrain Manipulation instead of a drag box? Ability to add new features on the height data? etc

I just wanted to ask as it would really help to know these things so that me and others can start preparing projects for creation in the new tools.

Also wanted to ask will any new tools be included in the suite?

Kind Regards,

Oliver Christie

NASA now offers the global MDE 30m (not much detail but useful) I suggest also KML for lines/points import? :D

Link: http://www.gdem.aster.ersdac.or.jp/

GDEM 1 ArcSec (30m)

Edited by _Pi_

@OChristie : I have asked Jan Prazak about the tools during the ArmA2 Lan Party in Paris. Visitor 4 is an item already sold by BIS to customers for modding an other BIS software, it's not possible to have the same product given to the community for free ... ^^.

Visitor 3 with some enhancements can be used for ArmA2, but we are going to wait for the enhancements.

Thank you for the information Old Bear. I will look into V4 then. Ok he didnt happen to give you a date did he?

Hi there,

This airport/island is perfect, i love it.

The only thing is that the RPT file of a dedicated server will get very big because of some errors showing up when playing this island, 140Mb of it each time you start it.

I have Avgani_village and my own island Tolafarush to work with much less errors, they are playable on a dedicated server without to much problems.

I'm still trying to figure out how to create or convert islands for arma 2 so you can play them on a dedicated server.

Later,

Allie