Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

Set Map Options?

So I am trying to run the domination map on my dedicated server. The only question I have is the map has the option to set the amount of targets and the time of day. How do I set that stuff on a dedicated server?

Must be something like this at the end in your server.cfg:

class Missions
 {
 class Mission0
 {
     template=dominationxx.pbo;
     param1=5;
     param2=2;
     cadetMode=0;
 };
};

with param1/2 you set the things you want

Sorry but eenter's information is incorrect for the mission syntax, his example is for ArmA1, ArmA2's has changed.

server.cfg:

/* 
Specifies the mission rotation and related difficulty settings.
leave blank i.e   class Missions {};
to enable player's selection from mission list & difficulty settings
(voted on if no admin logged in)
*/   
class Missions
{
class Mission_01   // name for the mission, can be anything
{
template = mymission.Chernarus; // omit the .pbo suffix
/* 
difficulty: recruit, regular, veteran & expert 
as specified in *.Arma2profile
*/
difficulty = "regular";   
/* 
The following options are seen in the lobby of a multiplayer game. These 
options can be useful for setting time limits and score limits in such games 
as Capture the Flag and Death Matches. Other popular uses include 
accelerate time, setting the mission difficulty or switching the intro on/off.
*/
param1 =   
param2 = 
};
class Mission_02
{
template = anothermission.Chernarus; 
difficulty = "veteran";
param1 =   
param2 = 
};
};

Refer to my guide for further information.

As far as setting the number of targets and time of day the params must be defined in the mission description.ext before they will be interpreted from the server.cfg-> class Missions

The description.ext is a text file located in the root of the mission folder which allows you to define many things in your mission. Each entry must be given a new line in the description.ext. The description.ext in fact uses the same syntax as all config files, therefore each line should be terminated with ;. OFP is most often able to recover from missing semicolons, ArmA though is strict and requires a ;.

When editing a mission in the mission editor description.ext is only read when the mission is loaded, not when you preview the mission.

TitleParam1 and TitleParam2 are multiplayer options. These options are seen in the lobby of a multiplayer game. These options can be useful for setting time limits and score limits in such games as Capture the Flag and Death Matches. Other popular uses include accelerate time, setting the mission difficulty or switching the intro on/off.

In the mission param1 and param2 have the values of the chosen options. Many people will assign a variable in the init.sqs file to param1 for simplicity, an example of this would be to assign variable timelimit = param1.

Example:

titleParam1 = "Time limit:";

valuesParam1[] = {0, 300, 600, 900};

defValueParam1 = 900;

textsParam1[] = {"Unlimited", "5 min", "10 min", "15 min", };

titleParam2 = "Score to win:";

valuesParam2[] = {10000, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30};

defValueParam2 = 5;

textsParam2[] = {"Unlimited", 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30};

Edited by [KH]Jman

Jman;1344279']

As far as setting the number of targets and time of day the params must be defined in the mission description.ext before they will be interpreted from the server.cfg-> class Missions

Actually the time of day is one of the map options for the mode (domination) for the server to select. But thanks for the help.

EDIT:

So... I used the PBO extracter the extract the map... but it shows no files in it... so... how do I find the init file to get this info..

Edited by HavocDemon

use kegetys cpbo that tool works well with arma2 and will allow you to extract the mission pbo and re-pbo it :)

regards./

Thanks. I managed to get it open but for some reason the options are not setting, here is an example of what the description says..

#ifdef __TT__
titleParam1 = "Main Targets"; 
valuesParam1[] = {2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,21};
defValueParam1 = 8;
textsParam1[] = {"2","4","6","8","10","12","14","16","18","21"};
#endif

titleParam2 = "Time of day:"; 
valuesParam2[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23}; 
defValueParam2 = 5; 
textsParam2[] = {"00:00","01:00","02:00","03:00","04:00","05:00","06:00","07:00","08:00","09:00","10:00","11:00","12:00","13:00","14:00","15:00","16:00","17:00","18:00","19:00","20:00","21:00","22:00","23:00"};

#include "dlg\define.hpp"

and here is what I have my mission se4t to on my config...

class Mission0
  {
     template=co30_Domination_1_00A2T10_West_RA.Chernarus;
     param1=21;
     param2=12;
     difficulty = "veteran";
  };
};

The map loads fine but the map options arent changing... its still at its default 5 am with 8 towns rather than 12 pm noon with 21 targets...

Edited by HavocDemon