Sign in to follow this  
Vlad_13

How to use M270 MLRS???

Hi, i was wondering how to use M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System to it's full potential. In Armory it doesn't say much about it...

My guess would be i need a Spotter with a Laser Designator in the field?

If you know pls share your experience. :bounce3:

Thanks!arma2_vehicles_tracked_MLRS.jpg

Edited by Vlad_13

Seriously out of 30+ people no one knows? :eek:

Wait wait wait, do the servers have to run this? Or is it a standalone "plugin" I have noticed that in some Domination maps when you get in to MLRS and try to shoot the rocket the thing blows up.

Also another thing, what they mean by Virtual, means the actual Rocket just spawns over the target and hits it INSTEAD of going all the way from the M270?

And thanks, you are THE only one to answer my question :yay:

I'm sooooo trying this! But have no idea where to start.

i heard the mlrs is pretty much useless, without modding it or something.

The latest patch seems to have turned it useless as the targeting system doesn't work anymore. It used to be a nice long range artillery when combined with the artillery module. Search for artillery module and you'll learn how to use it. Hopefully BIS will fix it with the next patch.

What did the last patch ruin exactly?

The aiming in the mini map that appears when you combine it the artillery module. You can't change the target. It's always stuck on the M270 so if you fire it will explode. It still works for mortars though.

There are several other module releated bugs with the latest patch but that's an other story.

Quick question, before the "bad" patch MLRS would shoots it's missile all the way up to 42km? And it would be visible to any one while it is in flight?

Cuz they say something about Virtual MLRS...

Are you alowed to use these Modules on Multiplayer servers like CTI games?

Or is this considerd hacking? Sorry new to the arma2 games.

I love Artillery, but i would hate to load up this module and get called a hacker. If anyone knows please let me know thanks.

modules are set up by mission maker. Using them in mission is not considered cheating, its just part of mission

you say missions, like somone set up a coop mission. But i mean a CTI server. I got the game Friday and I'm loving CTI, the crcti Servers that is.

They got arty, but cant use them. So if i run the module i could use the artillary on those servers? Right now when i get on the guns you just get a sight, nothing else.

you say missions, like somone set up a coop mission. But i mean a CTI server. I got the game Friday and I'm loving CTI, the crcti Servers that is.

They got arty, but cant use them. So if i run the module i could use the artillary on those servers? Right now when i get on the guns you just get a sight, nothing else.

It doesn't quite work that way... the ARTY module would need to be integrated into the server's version of crCTI Warfare. I'm not sure this module has been integrated yet. Missions are downloaded to a local cache, so it's not your mission PBO that is loaded, it is the server's version.

The missions are downloaded from the server to your .\Local Settings\ArmA 2\mpmissionscache folder. You can copy mission PBO(s) from there and into your game's \Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\MPMissions folder and play it locally against just the AI for practice. You can also unpack the PBO, modify the mission to add the ARTY and then re-pack it to play it, but the version you play online multiplayer will always be the server's version not your modified version.

L8r,

eem

Ahh Got ya, I guess i just have to wait. Thanks for the info.