Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Missing xAudio2 file(s) & sound issues

This a copy of a rant I made on Rage3D...

"Ugh, I give up... I suppose I have to follow the "if you cant fix it, leave it broken" line.

My final result as follows.

FACT:

1.01 did not make noise and click on weapon audio ending

1.025 was the same as 1.01, perfectly fine

1.03 make horrible noise and clicking

- Reinstalled the game

- Installed 1.03 fresh over it

= No difference whatsoever, still noise and clicking.

- Installed latest DX

- Installed latest Auzentech Forte drivers

= No difference whatsoever, still noise and clicking.

- Changed volume levels

= Noise and clicking remains just the same. I forgot what I was supposed to be expecting when doing this.

- Turn off X-fi Crystalizer

- Turn off X-fi CMSS

(SVM is never on)

= Not only does it still make noises and clicking, the actual good sounds now sound weak.

What I noticed ingame:

- It DOES NOT make noise and click when using a single fire short audio file (such as the M16/M4).

- It DOES NOT make noise and click when firing such weapon fairly slowly

- It DOES make noise and click when firing the such weapon at full auto or nearly as fast in semi auto.

- A weapon with a long weapons fire audio such as the leaf covered sniper rifle make noise and click.

FACT REMAINS:

1.03 f**ked up the audio.

So I guess I can still play it, I just have to use a single fire slow firing weapon that is not a sniper rifle or anything that use long audio files and stay away from anything and anyone firing full auto.

Yeah I just wasted 1 hour and 45 minutes of my life on this, I know I'm a retard"

Edit: Oh and to add, the actual sound files sound GREAT with zero clicking or noise distortion. I just went through every M16 audio there is in the game. So why cant the game make them sound just as great, wtf does full auto do to introduce noise and clicking? :(

the sound card you are using is XFi based if you are using vista make sure you download openAL for creative sound cards as this fixed my clicking sound, oh and check the quality of your connections

Does the beta patch work with steam versions? The crackling is starting to really piss me off.

--

FRACK!!!, it doesnt :(

Edited by Cheeba

well click/crack and distortion issue is fixed in beta

there are still some irks in sound mixing which needs to be resolved in future builds tho

Apperently, the distortion issue is not fixed by any beta patch whatsoever.

I installed Windows 7 64-bit at the start of this week and have the issues in ArmA II ever since. (I didn't have them in Vista 64-bit, though!)

However, I managed to solve it, thanks to oktane's post (click)

I disabled the "sound card" installed with ATI Catalyst and I've set my Creative Sound Blaster 2 ZS as Standard Device and Standard Communication Device.

Problem solved :)

ah so that AMD.ATI HDMI audio issue is still not resolved in theirs drivers ? ...

ah so that AMD.ATI HDMI audio issue is still not resolved in theirs drivers ? ...

If you are referring to the previous post about the Communications device distortion, its nothing to do with ATI's drivers. It occurs even without an ATI card. I gave a more detailed synopsis in my original post if you'd like to try pushing it to BIS again. Again, the distortion only occurs in ArmA2, as proved by my compilation of the sound test application* that uses the same audio engine entirely as ArmA2.

*(which I wish you would link on the first post to help folks and the work around on windows 7)

As I tried to explain, I think there are two or more separate issues that can cause the crackling.

Cheers

Edited by oktane

no i was refering to well known issue with ATI HDMI causing distortions in many games and aplications not just A2 ...

it's something funky in driver especially as it happens when You not using it at all...

It seems to be driver based so everyone can get sound issues, make sure your directx9 is updated (even for Vista)

It seems to be driver based so everyone can get sound issues, make sure your directx9 is updated (even for Vista)

And update for directx 9 is available on ARMA 2 itself or we have to download it ?

And update for directx 9 is available on ARMA 2 itself or we have to download it ?

see first post

well click/crack and distortion issue is fixed in beta

there are still some irks in sound mixing which needs to be resolved in future builds tho

...could that be ingame music being played in Mono perhaps?

Got the latest 59323 Beta Build. Campaign and editor-placed music is Mono.

I extracted the music.pbo to compare.

Result: Playing the .ogg-files in any player outside ArmA 2 = Stereo,

Ingame = Mono.

(onboard sound disabled, Using X-Fi in Game Mode without Xmss3D)

Tried the demo, and there is absolutely no sound. I have attempted the following things: Updated DirectX multiple times and from multiple sources, downloaded the demo from a couple of sources, updated both audio and graphics drivers.

Nothing has worked

Sound card: Asus Zonar D1 (PCI)

Graphics card: ATi 4870

Please, help.

See the system in my sig (audio is an Audigy ZS) - using the latest beta, CBA and SLX versions I have started to lose sound completely in the game at varying points. It happens anywhere from the start screens to 2-3 minutes into the game, and happens on SP and MP but only when CBA and SLX are loaded, needing a game reload to fix. Sound is fine otherwise, as I can alt-tab out of the game and hear other audio perfectly, and if I play without those mods the sounds also works wihtout a hitch,

Anyone come across this ? I use v2 of CBA and v1.5 of SLX.

Thanks.

the sound problems is only by people who using add on sound card(e.g:creative labs , xfi) or everyone including people with onboard soundcard ?

sound blaster cards are renowned for causing trouble with games. indeed with anything. i would ask those with addon sound cards to switch to onboard and try that.

sound blaster audigy, extigy and X-Fi are troublesome cards.

i tried 6 mainboards once over trying to get TS to work along side BF2 sound. most commonly it cuts the mic or it cuts the sound. on the 6th mainboard i loaded everything as normal and had the same problem, i went back into the BIOS and enabled the onboard sound and removed the SB card and drivers later on reboot. never had a problem since, now i only use onboard sound.

i have no sound issues at all now even in A2

Can the soundcard even cause stuttering of the whole PC?

I have:

Dell XPS 703X, I7/950, 6 Gb RAM, GTX295, X-Fi Soundcard..

Problem is, when iam STANDING in the field, its very fast, even with all graphic options on high.

But when iam starting to WALK, frame rate crashes down for unknown reason, every single step is messed up and the sound is going weird.

Can the soundcard even cause stuttering of the whole PC?

I have:

Dell XPS 703X, I7/950, 6 Gb RAM, GTX295, X-Fi Soundcard..

Problem is, when iam STANDING in the field, its very fast, even with all graphic options on high.

But when iam starting to WALK, frame rate crashes down for unknown reason, every single step is messed up and the sound is going weird.

no. the sound card will only cause issues with sound.

Hello, everybody. I joined the forum just to write this post. I hope you guys can help me.

Ok, I got the X3DAudio1_6.dll error like some others have had. So I followed the link to download the DirectX stuff, and saved the .exe onto my computer. But whenever I try to start the .exe it says:

"C:\blah\blah\blah\Downloads\directx_aug2009_redist.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

I'm using Windows XP if that helps. I'd really like to try out this demo :(

PS: I tried the older March release of it too, with the same result.

Hi,

did you unpack the zip into arma2Demo main folder?

Well, first off, it's not a .zip archive, it's a .exe. I tried running it in the demo folder anyway, but got the same message.

no. the sound card will only cause issues with sound.

A soundcard that conflicts with system allocated memory space or other system drivers can indeed cause your pc to act very poorly.

It used to be a regular issue back in the days of W95/W98 not so common these days but still possible.

Best way to check is to remove or disable the soundcard and test.

Hi Folks! Now I have tried everything as described on first thread here. I still receive the same error message.

I installed a new copy of arma2(NOT A DEMO) and 105 update, Running Windows7 64bit. Have SoundMAX onboard sound card, and have done everything from uninstalling the driver, to disable the sound card. Has no head clue about how to resolve this, when all that is described here has been tried.

My Hardware:

-Asus P6T7 WS Supercomputer

-Core i7 960

-EVEGA GTX 295 co-op

-Corsair Dominator DHX+ DDR3 1600MHz 6GB

-Corsair DOMINATOR Airflow Fan

-Corsair HX 1000W PSU

-1*Intel X25-M SSD 80GB (Windows 7 Ultimate)

-4*WD Caviar Black 1TB

Anybody have any suggestions?

in advance, thanks!

Edited by Logitrust