Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Missing xAudio2 file(s) & sound issues

hmm, why does the disk install it then?

does this mean it is safe for me to go to add/remove and uninstall this OpenAL rubbish?

I am trying everything here to stop my CTD's

explain ...

when I installed ARMA2 DVD it ran an installer for openAL?

or did you mean my CTD's? (if so check my posts lol)

uninstalled openAL anyway and done some other tidying up hoping I can get more joy playing the game later

when I installed ARMA2 DVD it ran an installer for openAL?

or did you mean my CTD's? (if so check my posts lol)

uninstalled openAL anyway and done some other tidying up hoping I can get more joy playing the game later

about the OpenAL in DVD install no idea ... will look into that ...

yet removing OpenAL it from system is nonsense imho if You want use other games using OpenAL

newer version is there btw. http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/Forms/AllItems.aspx

nope, still no joy.

Hopefully fix will be soon cos I'm not bothering wasting my time crashing to desktop all the time.

Back to other games/watching telly for me now.

I had the crackling issue with my X-Fi card. I have FFDShow installed and the issue was linked to the FFDSHow Audio Codec. Excluding Arma2.exe from FFDShow fixed the sound issues for me.

oh really? ill have to try this. thanks.

oh really? ill have to try this. thanks.

Yeah. Make sure you exclude it from FFDshow Audio.

Oblivion had the same issue with FFDShow and X-Fi cards on some setups.

Im also getting the crackling and random, sharp cracks. I have a fresh install on XP +

1 - Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66Ghz (Nehalem) (Socket LGA1366) - Retail + World In Conflict PC Game

1 - Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

1 - Asus ATI Radeon HD 4870 Glaciator+ 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

1 - Corsair Dominator XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600C9D Twin3X

1 - OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Modular Power Supply

it seems since i Installed and Configured SoundMAX with my 5.1 Medusa ProGamer headphones i have the problem, disabling SoundMAX seems to fix it, but then i dont get the 5.1 sound benefit (Including the booming bass/sub woofers in the headphones :D).

anyone had much luck or have ARMA working with SoundMAX?

any ffdshow / similar filters or codecs ?

Im also getting the crackling and random, sharp cracks. I have a fresh install on XP +

1 - Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66Ghz (Nehalem) (Socket LGA1366) - Retail + World In Conflict PC Game

1 - Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

1 - Asus ATI Radeon HD 4870 Glaciator+ 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

1 - Corsair Dominator XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600C9D Twin3X

1 - OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Modular Power Supply

it seems since i Installed and Configured SoundMAX with my 5.1 Medusa ProGamer headphones i have the problem, disabling SoundMAX seems to fix it, but then i dont get the 5.1 sound benefit (Including the booming bass/sub woofers in the headphones :D).

anyone had much luck or have ARMA working with SoundMAX?

I was experiencing the same, but my sound issues are greater than just cracks. Whole sound channels seem to be distorted, volume is unscaled, it's just unplayable.

The only solution right now is to play with a stereo setup, like you said.

I'm using Win7 and a HD Audio onboard soundcard (Software SoundMAX). There's no ffdshow codec installed. Latest driver (Win7 final) and DirectX are installed.

Any other solution?

PS: I'd really like to see a native support of 5.1 setups in ArmA for the future.

I have a Sigmatel/IDT Dolby-HT Certified-SoundChip with 5.1 analog speakers attached and only get 2.1, no matter what i do. He´s not even able to upmix via PLIIx/Live Support in ArmA2. Windows XP is set to 5.1 and all other 5.1 applications do work, so does diagnosis. Drivers are the latest from Intel (6162 from April).

Playing around with arma2settings "EAX" or "HW" 0/1 was without effect.

Everyone I know including myself is forced to play Arma2 in stereo. Like a large number of people whenever I switch to 5.1 all is hear is LOUD crackling/tearing sounds out of my rear speakers. I have spent a week trying to find a solution without luck and it included buying a new sound card. This process included testing multiple drivers, sound cards and software settings suggested in multiple forums. :(

Tested Sound Devices:

Sound Max onboard sound -Analog output

Creative Audigy 2 ZS - Analog output

Auzentech Forte 7.1 - Analog + Coaxial outputs

My core system components:

Intel I7 920 @3.8ghz

Asus 6PT Deluxe V2

Corsair Dominator DD3 6GB

Asus 4890 graphics card (Cat 9.7)

OCZ Vertex SSD

Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speaker system

Windows 7 64bit

How do we go about acquiring support on this issue?

Are BIS monitoring this thread or do we need to log an official request?

On a positive note the game plays great minis the sound issue. A fix would make it perfect from my end.

Edited by Cann0n Fodder

Update.

After installing the 1.03 patch my rear speakers have become more active in 5.1 modes. The sound is now constantly muffled rather than the occasional LOUD crackles. After playing with some settings I now have stereo through 4 speaks and a working sub. While it’s not true surround sound it sounds much better. Maybe the Direct X version that came with the patch improved my situation......

For those with similar hardware maybe give these sound settings a try.

Forte 7.1 sound card (5.1 setting, DTS encoder on, 1.1 OEM drivers)

Z-5500 speakers (coaxial input, Stereo x2 setting)

Justin

updated sticky with volumes level hint

Hey, Dwarden! Thanks for the update.

I've tried it this way now, but sound is still broken. I can only play if i set it up as stereo :(.

Hey, Dwarden! Thanks for the update.

I've tried it this way now, but sound is still broken. I can only play if i set it up as stereo :(.

well that sound volume only resolve 'distorted' overboosted sounds not 5.1/7.1 ...

i still fear the problem is with SoundMax drivers (i dont have any soundmax board to be sure)

hello,i have a sound blaster x-fi gamer card with up to date drivers, running windows vista 64 with all up to date drivers and bios, and my retail copy is patched up to date. now when i fire my machine gun the game runs though its normal sound of the gun firing with subsonic sounds,cracks and stuff but when its done with the sound it gives off a 5 sec low tone beep then stops till you fire again. it does not do it in single fire mode as far as i can tell and it does it with some things and not with some. i have turned on and off settings and raised and lowed with out any change other then it being softer and louder. i am using head phones but i dont think that is the problem. i could sure use a fix to the problem.

:confused::butbut::j:

disabled CMSS-3D and SVM too ? reset ingame AUDIO seting to default or lower than default values? using latest Creative Labs drivers ?

yes cmss-3d and svm is off, in game audio is reset, drivers are up to date i used the auto update so its all up to date, and i still get snap,crackle and pop with out the milk! i think the audio needs to be addressed long before any other fixes in the next patch. i also get a sounds that are at one time loud then softer then loud again very weird stuff going on .

Edited by derrickkolba
because i can!

Here is my contribution to the sound issues discussion, concerning multichannel sound being stuffed up.

And a testing application to verify your sound works. The test program uses the same audio API as Arma2 does.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1399212&postcount=6

If anyone wants to mirror the app and sticky, that would be cool.

im using head phones, i can hear sound directions correctly , but i get poping and crackling, and loss of audio.

Nexway downloaded version.

No cracks nor pops or anything.

Several friends of mine have exactly the same following problem :

The helicopter and jetsounds etc, actually, all sounds almost, are not controllable via the Audio menu as they should supposed to be.

E.g. I put all sound to 0, and then I click ONLY once on every meter so Radio, sound and music are at it's lowest value (but not 0), as shown in following pic :

http://users.telenet.be/RedruM-X/ARMA2/Sound_vol.JPG

You can see that these settings should put all volumes ridiculously LOW, well, they don't.

The sound is still so loud that I can't hear my friends over ventrilo, which is seriously annoying.

I understand that the effects of a chopper or jet and so on should be louder then for example a footstep (logical), but they just don't scale with what you configure in the audio menu, and that is not normal.

There is nothing wrong with my X-Fi soundcard, nothing wrong with drivers either. All work correctly and are updated etc.

Anyone any advice ?

Nexway downloaded version.

E.g. I put all sound to 0, and then I click ONLY once on every meter so Radio, sound and music are at it's lowest value (but not 0), as shown in following pic :

Anyone any advice ?

This issue, afaik, has existed since OFP. I thought it was just my machines!

This is a guess of how it appears to work internally, when buggered: The volume sliders appear to be 'ratios' instead of actual volume controls. Unless both are at 0, they always equal 100%. To control the actual volume, you have to use the windows slider. Example, if both are set to the same setting, the volume is equal.. guns and voice are the same volume. It does not matter if they are BOTH at 25% or 75%, the final volume will be the same. However, if you lower one slider, that one will be quieter in relation to the unlowered one, and therefore quieter in the final volume.

In other words, the highest set slider is always 100% of the FINAL volume.

Weird huh? Thats just my observation, could be wrong but it seems like thats how it works. It must be triggered by something but I don't know what. I don't have the issue with ArmA2 yet, the sliders work as they should. But I am familiar with your problem from OFP. Sorry this doesn't help much but you can control the sounds from an app separately in Windows Vista and 7

Edited by oktane