Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Just who are you?

Just who are we? how about some background? some info.. it would be nice to better know all of us better..

please keep the BS to a minumum.. and anyone who manages to turn this into a flame fest WILL DIE.

ill fill mine in in a sec, im eating chinese right now.

Education

Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne

BSc International Hospitality Programme Lausanne, Switzerland   gotta work 2 years before I can do the masters!

Boarding school of the Jesuits: xxxxxxxx (dont want to become tooo precise here)

Bonn, Germany 1996  Abitur, equivalent to baccalaureate,

Boarding school of the Jesuits: Clongowes Wood College

1993    Kildare, Ireland  

Kaiser Karls Gymnasium

1992    NRW, Germany  

I did some Management internships in France (paris), Spain(salamanca), Germany(Berlin) and Thailand (phuket).

LANGUAGES:

German: Mother tongue

English: Fluent

French: Fluent

Spanish: Working skills

INTERESTS

Golf, skiing, hockey, horse-back riding, German literature bla bla bla ...

biggrin.gif I wont put my name here that is for certain.... but why not a the family sign, that wont hurt...

eh by the way... so much schools of Jesuits but fact is I am a protestant

xxwappenhellklein.jpg

i was born in 1980,

got CCNA certification, A+ and assoc degree in computer networking,

worked for AMD for 2 years in Austin and then moved home when my mom got sick.

recently won a wrongful death lasuite against DOW chemical over the death of my mother.

I dont work now becaue I dont need to (see above)

still in college though.. just for kicks (phot shop, illustrator and web page design)

Interests: Baseball, Boxing, Fishing, Hunting Offroading.  member of TNAC (Texas Nissan Adventure Club)

Languages:

English: well,, american english biggrin.gif

Spanish: semi-deacent

German: enough to make myself look stupid.

my goal in life is.... I dunno.. to have fun.. I will probably get a job.. or buy a business or something becuse not doing anything is boring..

ive had my First and only GF for over 4 years now.. she 0wnz me.. I am her he-bitch (hehe, hey im honest ..lol)

right now we are looking around for a house, though my first check has not arrived yet. we are looking around Austin..

I'm a 20 year old college student in Ottawa, Ontario Canada, studying computer enginneering. Even though Canada isn't my native country I love it and am proud to be a citizen, mostly because of it's amazing multiculturalism.

I'm originally from Cuba, which usually surpizes the hell out of any latino/a I tell since I look pretty damn white, due to the fact that my mom is from the Ukraine (my dad went to a military college in the USSR to study aviation engineering and came back with more than just a diploma). One of my childhood nicknames in Cuba was "Blondie", although my hair is totally brown now.

I've been blessed/cursed in my life in that I've travelled to a lot in my life, since I was 10 till I was 15 I moved a total of 8 times. This has allowed me to see much of the world/different countries, political systems, languages, customs...but try making any lasting friendships when you hardly ever stay more than one year in one place.

Moving so much I think also helped me develop a very open mind, I'm seldom judgmental, except maybe for the fact that I've also developed a healthy habit of questioning governments and anything that comes out of a politician's mouth. I've realized that politicians, wether communist/liberal/republican/whatever, when it comes down to it are all very similar: they try to manupilate the masses.

So I guess you could call me a quasi-anarchist who recognizes governments as necessary evils.

Hobbies, well, Obviously I love war games (I'm in this forum aren't I?). I learned to shoot a rifle at the early age of 7 since in Cuba and the USSR (where I used to visit my grandparents very often) proficiency in firearms is aggressively encouraged. But I hate wars that take place outside of a computer game/paintball field. I also like movies, languages, alternative music & partying with friends.

I'm 25 years old. I live in Helsinki, the capital of Finland, and I've lived here (in a couple of different locations) whole my life. I love this city. To an extent, I also love my country. I do not love the system - I'm a leftist libertarian and fiercely oppose neoliberalism, militarism etc. I work as a solution developer (nice title, eh, but what the heck does it mean?) for a multinational capitalist consultant company. biggrin.gif

I have very little formal education, but I'm generally a civilized and knowledgeable guy. I'm applying to the Helsinki University's department of computer science. I can speak fluent English, some Swedish and German and just a little bit Russian. I also "speak" Java and Unix shell, I used to know Perl, PHP and TurboPascal, and I have an ongoing project of learning C/C++. My favourite OS is FreeBSD. In addition to computer stuff, I love Star Wars, movies in general and science fiction literature. I collect CDs, most of my collection is rock and industrial, but also some techno, instrumental, pop and what not. Favourite bands include nine inch nails, Ministry, U2, Pet Shop Boys (yikes!wink.gif, the Doors, Rage Against the Machine, Bob Marley & the Wailers... and lots of others, too many to list here.

And I'm a damn good cook! wow.gif

25 years old. Live in Malmo, Sweden (one of the largest cities). Work with Design Verification and Product Validation at a multinational company in the cash and vending industry.

Schooled in automation and advanced electronics.

Worked for the Swedish Airforce for a while. Also worked as a delivery driver.

General political and worldly interest.

Die hard gaming fan. Also like the outdoors.

Drive a rusty, old Opel.

Have a black flatcoated retriever named Esco that hates other dogs.

Two cats. Both fucked up.

One girlfriend. Somewhat fucked up wink.gif

Interesting reading so far, lets keep it up!

I was born on August 23rd, 1983 (which makes me 18) in Niagara Falls Ontario and I have lived in St. Catharines Ontario all my life. My background is Croatian and English, my last name is Croatian but for obvious reasons I can't say what it is smile.gif but I would imagine most of you know my first name is Tyler. My friends call me 'Steppy' (taken from my last name)

I am currently in grade 13 (we have that in Ontario) and am planning to go to university in Sept. 2003 for Criminology. My main goal is to become a Police Officer. I am currently serving in the Lincoln and Welland Regiment (reserve) as a Private in the infantry. I am also a trained machine gunner and an exceptional shot biggrin.gif

Languages:

Canadian English, eh?

a little French

does 'jibberish' count?

Interests:

Cycling; on road or off, music, PC games like this one, target shooting, and last but not least, hanging out with friends.

As for music: I like Canadian rock/alternative bands like the 'Matthew Good Band', 'The Tragically Hip', 'Treblecharger' and 'Sloan' and punk acts like 'Gob'. I DESPISE Rap, country, techno, and pop.

I am no computer whiz but I know enough to get by!

Noone has included any physical traits yet, so I will start.

.... I am 6 foot 2 1/2 (189 cm) tall, have hazel eyes and short brown hair and I weigh about 230 pounds.

...so there, try and kick my ass! smile.gif

Tyler

I'm 24 and live in Stockholm, Sweden. I am currently finishing my MSc in Electrical Engineering (well, it will actually probably take me a another year or so to get rid of all the exams). My field of interest is adaptive control systems and neural networks.

After high school I enlisted in '96 and left the service one and a half year later with the rank of corporal. I started my collage studies in '97. Last year I took six months off from school and re-enlisted to join the Swedish peace-keeping effort in Kosovo. I was promoted to sergant, but ended up as a civilian member of the '01 KIE (KFOR Intelligence Estimate). We did field research and a report on the Yugoslav and KLA military capabilities. The locals called us 'smurfs' - because of the white uniforms and blue helmets. The military guys picked up on that and we became soon known as 'the Smurf Brigade'.. we even made a unit-patch smile.gif

In July last year, I returned to Sweden  and bought my copy of Flashpoint... the rest is history smile.gif

Now I'm just mopping up the exams I have left....

Languages: Swedish, English, Serbocroatian, German (working skills), French (lousy) and Russian (so-so).

Interests: Computers (doh), flying (I have a private pilot license.. but no plane of my own sad.gif  ) and music (I studied classical composition parallel to the EE for two years, but I doubt that I will ever finish that one up).

I haven't been around for too long.. But I know Assault(CAN) and R.Gerscher... (damn it's hard to spell) from one older forum..

I was born in 1980, in Finland, in a city called Tampere.

I am now second year student in the university of Tampere, I study computer science. I also work beside studying, I am a Java programmer in a small software house.

I spent 12 months in military 2 years ago and OFP reminds of that.. smile.gif

My other interests are: My GF, our cat, krav maga ("martial art"), guitar playing. I learned to play "Hey Joe" before I learned to walk. wink.gif

I speak Finnish,Swedish, German and English. Finnish best and English pretty good or what do you think?

Man you are weird if you read this far.. tounge.gif

I`m 22 and currently working in a sales department of a large firm here in Germany.

I live in Dietzenbach (population something about 30.000) near Frankfurt.

-Abitur 1999

-Bundeswehr (Army from 1999 up to 2000, medic)

-now employee in a sales firm

-reassigning Army this summer, hopefully in the officer ranks (let`s see...)

My hobbies were:

Member of a shooting club in my hometown from 1990 to 2001. Shot all kind of sidearms and some .22 caliber rifles. Did some martial arts, too (Aikido and Hapkido).

Current hobbies:

Jogging, mountainbiking, endurance-training, japanese mangas and animes, DVDs, computer-gaming, writing a fantasy story (100 pages already since my 11th grade at school)

I`m all german even if my mother`s family is from Ostpreußen, that is now Polland and I was born in Langen/Germany.

My languages are:

German, what wonder...

Latin

Some italian (scosi, sono tedesco e parlo un poco italiano...)

Hair: short, blond

Eyes: brown

Height: 174 cm

Weight: 70 kg

mmm im 29 +1 married with 3 kids all boys 13 10 and 19 months old, 4 cats, been married for 12 year

was in the royal artillery for a few year but only territorial army.

studied for my diploma in environmental biology and passed but unable to work at the moment due to an operation on my back that went kinda wrong ( so much for private medical care ROFL), hence the time spent on pc.

My old job consisted of Shot blasting and spray painting, my claim to fame is that ive painted and blasted the "forth rail bridge" (most famous bridge this side of the atlantic i think, and a few oil rigs.

Dont know much about comps id rather be in the guts sorting it than the software side of things.

and thats all ive got to say about that =]

*whispering*

I get the strange feeling moderators are really human(like), too... wink.gif

But go on, really interesting to read all this!

I'm 25 and currently working as a researcher in a university biotechnology laboratory here in Finland.

-My current education is M.Sc. in Biotechnology but working on my Ph.D.

-Did 8 months in a mortar company. Finished as a lance corporal.

-Hobbies: Jogging, Downhill skiing, Trekking (man finnish lapland is SOMETHING), Cooking, Movies, Reading, Computer Gaming, General Mischief

My name is Carl (not Black Op tounge.gif ) i was born July 17th 1985. so that makes me 16

currently at college studying IT, Geog, Biology confused.gif and Modern History

(failing miserably smile.gif )

interests are, playing games, reading about wwII and movies etc

and that is black ops fascinating life story over tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ Mar. 12 2002,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mmm im 29 +1  married with 3 kids  all boys   13  10 and 19 months old, 4 cats, been married for 12 year

was in the royal artillery for a few year but only territorial army.

studied for my diploma in environmental biology and passed  but unable to work at the moment due to an operation on my back that went kinda wrong ( so much for private medical care ROFL), hence the time spent on pc.

My old job consisted of Shot blasting and spray painting, my claim to fame is that ive painted and blasted the "forth rail bridge"  (most famous bridge this side of the atlantic i think, and a few oil rigs.

Dont know much about comps  id rather be in the guts sorting it than the software side of things.

and thats all ive got to say about that =]<span id='postcolor'>

I think your forgetting something,,, umm

mack3.jpg

mmmm k

28 years, born in germany, next to french and luxemburg border

Electrical Engineer, focus on microelectronics; currently working in CPU design

Perl/Unix/C/little Delphi/VHDL/VERILOG some tool propritary languages

munich/germany

german/english/little french and I can order a beer in several more languages smile.gif

Music from Enigma to Metallica, Red Hot Chilli Pepper to Depeche Mode, Jethro Tull to Ennio Morricone, just depending on my mood (currently it's DeMo in my Diskman)

Had my military service (12 month) several years back in a supply unit, shot G3, MG3, Uzi, Panzerfaust 2 and 3, (threw)handgranades, made truck license

Like beer and cocktails, PC gaming, jogging, movies (theater or DVD) and I hope I like Trekking (see below) smile.gif

Happy birthday Hilandor. Hope not all your countrymen speak like in your sig since I visit the highlands next month.  wink.gif

The average age of the folks in this forum is higher than in other forums....must be because of the more realistic nature of the game.

Anyways, 19 years old, born in The Hague, Holland (where they keep Milosevic) and lived there all my life.

Been to highschool, had a couple of jobs and I'm now getting ready to join the Navy.

I was born in 1976, so that makes me 25 years old.

I live in Holland.

I studied microbiology for which i graduated 4 years ago. Now i'm student medical biotechnology.

I have practical at Fort Dodge Animal Health where i work on a vaccine.

I will graduate in three months. Then i will probably join the army or the marines.

I had it with working on laboratory doing ugly things to little furry animals.

First i turned a blind eye, but i actually like hamsters.

My vaccine is nearing completion so i have to do some animal testing. I will use chickens, because the vaccine is meant to save there lives.

I like computers, drinking port/warsteiner/sangria, watching movies.

Hair: Blond

Eyes: Blue

Length: 1.77 m

Weight: 80 kilo's

119023065819.jpg

I'm 22,

Lived in London, UK all my life,

I just got a BEng (Hons) degree in Aeronautical Engineering, been studying at City University for the last three years.

Unemployed, but seeking graduate recruitment in the UK defence industry (thats why I spend time on these forums biggrin.gif )

Love motor racing (F1, rally etc), going to clubs, bars, music, military stuff, computer games.

I have two cats (and one just threw up!! Damn cats) and a Wide screen TV biggrin.gif

smile.gif

32 years old, with 2 kids, and a new boy due to be born in April.

Electrical Engineering at Carleton University

Quality Control Engineer for a company that builds equipment to perform data collection and advanced signal analysis.

Hobbies: Working towards my black belt in Yoshinkan style Aikido. Training 3 German Shepherds. Military (mostly WW2) history.

I've been all over North America incl: all 10 Canadian Provinces and every territory, 42 States in the US incl Alaska, Mexico and Panama.

Although I've never been off the continental US, I'd love to go, especially Egypt. I am planning to take a trip to Normandy in the summer to follow the path my grandfather took in WW2. Hokey but hey what the hell I think it'll be cool.

im 18 male from s.wales in he uk and tomorrow ill be in the RAF...um i like football(real football not the american version) and i am highly susceptible to the effects of alcohol!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (stealth squirrel @ Mar. 12 2002,16:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im 18 male from s.wales in he uk and tomorrow ill be in the RAF...um  i like football(real football not the american version) and i am highly susceptible to the effects of alcohol!<span id='postcolor'>

all the best with that stealth, keep in touch

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (stealth squirrel @ Mar. 12 2002,16:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i am highly susceptible to the effects of alcohol!<span id='postcolor'>

Even if I initiated the Beer thread in the old forum, I have to tell the sad truth...

I drink no alcohol any more!!!

Believe or not! Vote now wink.gif

28 years old, Texas State Government worker (read tax sponge...hehe...right now I sit on my ass all day and play games and talk on the forum).

Moved around alot when I was little (Air Force Brat) including stints in England and Germany (visited Austria and Switzerland while there....).

Graduated 1997 with a BA in Communication Arts (media studies).

Like to write in my spare time and currently working on a screenplay.

Found out last week that I was hired by Nova Group (or they WANT to hire me), so it looks like in 2-3 months I will be moving to Japan. Been wanting to try that all my life.