Sign in to follow this  
DEATHDEALER117

Running at 10-25 FPS with good computer?

Hi I bought ArmA2 the other day and I've been messing around with the settings and I cant get my FPS to go to really anything I deem playable because of huge lag spikes. I've read other people's posts and it seems like my computer should be running this at like 50-60 FPS. Suggestions or any knowledge on the matter would be very helpful.

Motherboard Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe

CPU AMD 3.2 Dual core Black Edition 6400+

Video Card NVIDIA Ge Force 260 GTX Super-overclocked

Ram Adata 4 gigs of DDR2 ram 800 MHz

Sound Card Creative X-FI

Speakers Creative 5.1 surround sound

Screen Samsung 22inch 1680 by 1050

Keyboard/Mouse Razer Lachesis / Lycosa

Power Supply Xion 700 watt

Now I'm thinking my ram and motherboard could be the source of the problem they are both outdated and at the time they werent all that great. Ive just been too lazy to really do anything about them.

There are many topics about bad FPS, it's not your computer. I've read there's actually a problem with the game that causes the Nvidia 2xx series cards to perform worse than they should. All you can do is wait for a patch to fix it, also turn down your view distance if you have it maxed out. That seems to be the biggest performance killer along with AA.

Also i have Hitachi 7200 or 7500 RPM hard drive.

yeah that would be great, id rather not invest another 500 bucks into this money hole...

this computer has been clocked running Crysis on very high on EVERYTHING with about 30 FPS

Dont worry , there are so many cases of bad performance, hey its a brand new game , only patched once!!!! . I am running a gtx 285 and core 2 quad q9550 and only reach 33 fps in MP and around 55 to 65 in editor with high gfx..

THERE DOES SEEM TO BE A PROBLEM WITH THE 200 SERIES CARDS MATE !!!!!!!

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.1Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 674MHz. shader 1535MHz. mem 1247MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

I found that if I have Texture Detail=Normal and Video Memory=Very High with AA=Disabled than I receive HUGE performance increase and it removes constant and annoying texture redrawing when I turn around.

ARMA2 option :

1920*1200

Fillrate - 100%

Texture Detail - Normal

Video Memory - Very High

Anisotropic Filtering - High

AA - Disabled

Terrain Detail - High

Objects Detail - High

Shadow Detail - High

PostProcess Effects- Disabled

Visual Distance - 3000

Just went from Vista 32 bit to Win 7 x64, and HUGE DIFFERENCE! There's something capping FPS with ArmA 2's game engine with Vista and multiple GPUs.

Do you think that 2 more GB memory would help something in my case? i have an average 25-33 FPS -offline/online.

its not your pc mate i have e6750 o/c, 4 gig ocz 1066, xfx gtx260, 216 core, and i can smash crysis which looks 10000 times better than this, unfortunatly its the game. so dont stress mate looking for problems that aint there.

Dont get MORE memory get faster memory.

I've currently got 6GB or 800mhz RAM, I changed to 4GB and overclocked the RAM to 1000mhz and got a significant performance increase.

Arma 2 only utilizes 2GB of RAM at the moment so there no point in getting any more GB's :)

Luke

Dont get MORE memory get faster memory.

I've currently got 6GB or 800mhz RAM, I changed to 4GB and overclocked the RAM to 1000mhz and got a significant performance increase.

Arma 2 only utilizes 2GB of RAM at the moment so there no point in getting any more GB's :)

Luke

Except if your OS is using more than 1gb already...

It looks like the game don't like HighEnd Nvidia cards but prefers ATI. But it looks also that the game is not in love with X2 cards, Crossfire and SLI as well.

It looks like the game like Intel Quad core and don't like Phenom Quad serie.

I am playing on a Asus P5B/Core2Duo E6600/4 Go Ram 800/Saphire 4870 1Go Vapor X rig. The game is played on "global" high settings and 3000m distance with 30 average FPS and is looking great.

Except if your OS is using more than 1gb already...

Your right, I was talking in my case of going from 4GB to higher, should have explained better :).

Vista uses about 2GB afaik? So 4GB is about right if your running that OS.

Anyway if you have 4GB of RAM is better to get faster RAM :yay: