Sign in to follow this  
maxcito

Help with mission 3 and sniper

I'm unable to find him,he just get killed from someone other.

Some can tell me quite precisely where can i find him?! maybe a pic.

After the news about sniper killed from some friendly team i receive the mission to go for Lopotev...but actually i'd like to kill the sniper if is it possible.

Edited by maxcito

If you can remember the level from ArmA1 where you have to defend that building at night from spetznaz guys, he's in a newer version of that type of building. He's on the roof of the building, and if you come at it from the direction (he's at the waypoint i think) of the HUGE building, you'll only really be able to see his rifle and head sticking out (and that's from a good direction, atleast from the 1 time i played that level).

literally the second i got there on my game i'd have to take the perfect shot or i'd see a load of rounds landing on the side of the building before he'd die and somebody else would get the kill.

If you climb the ladders in the large industrial looking building you can look down on the sniper from the west side of the roof.

The sniper is about 100-200 meters NE of the pinned Razor team on a second story rooftop.

Edited by Redfield-77
added spoiler tags.

even with the spoiler i can't pin-point him

i don't understand where the other squad is pinned down or even wich is THE factory complex (since most of them seems like a factory to me^^)

GPS coords are

on the vertical line between 128064 and 128065

Use your map to pinpoint this line. He is on a rooftop shooting SW at Razor 2.

i found him by going at 150m fro the team and start sweeping :yay:

he's on the roof of a glass-covered building

I wanted to get him as well, and had to full out run to that area before getting the "you're too late, thanks a lot Razor team" message. Once I got to the area and saved the sniper was always taken out by another team before I could locate him.

Approach the sniper position from the southeast. Enclosed is a screen shot of how I "offed" him.

hr1.jpg

I too wanted to kill him but found out pretty quickly its hard to do without running out of time. I guess thats why its an optional objective, but to be honest that industrial building area is hell to navigate. If you take a wrong turn or expose yourself you get popped by some seemingly invisable tango. I had to replay several times from saves. Pretty crappy level design, the enemy APC's just sit there looking at you.

What I found that you can do is take control of the guy with the sniper rifle, forgot his name, run ahead and kill the sniper pretty quick. I was playing on regular but I did manage to kill him before Reaper 2 even asked for help! :P

I did exactly what Refield did, as he mentioned in the spoiler part. Took me a few tries but I found the bugger eventually (:

Mainly because I saw where a shot of his was coming from.