Sign in to follow this  
=Spetsnaz=

little white dots, very small lines?

Hi,

i red it and thought at first it was but it simply isn't the same problem I encounter, so I decided to post on this thread ; I tried everything I could, texture quality, anisotropic filtering, etc. (thanks anyway ;))

What's happening is I have pixels flashing like a christmas tree, here's a screen :

arma2treesflashing.th.jpg

I thought at first I was seeing the sky "through" the foliage (red circle), but seeing in ground direction (green circle) I have no more doubt it's something else.

If anyone has the idea, I'm open to any suggestion !

(but don't hurry, it's not that horrible :D)

(poor but understandable english :p)

I also get this. It seems to be common on the pine trees. Move up to a tree and zoom in and there are white flashing dots all over the tree. single pixels flashing and it is not supposed to be there. Even not zooming in you can see them but zomming in makes it more obvious. Isn't a major issue but it is a little annoying.

I have an ATI 4870 1gb not overclocked and brand spanking new.

I am hoping that this will be fixed as a consequence of BIS fixing all of the texture and Receiving.... issues many people are getting but who knows.

Been 3 weeks since last patch I hope there is one soon that fixes the major issues.

I thought at first it was NVidia related (as there are now some problems with),

but seeing you are doing the same way with ATI... well, it's either the game or a simple setting... ?

Is someone else having this problem ? and maybe solved it ?

I don't think it's linked to the white dots on the ground, but after all, maybe, it could be a wrong texture output, idk.

Hoping for the next patch too !

Uhmm well i have the same problem but i think it could be helpful for the dev team to know much more about these "white dots" (in close view you can easily see the bug). As Dogtags has said it affects mostly pine trees but i have seen the same bug with other trees or bushes and some sun glasses.

The bug vanished at night so i guess it is related to the light sources.

whitedots.jpg

I have XP and use the last NVIDIA driver 190.15.

Regards A.U.

Well at least we can all stop panicking that its our hardware/software & instead just the usual bis bugs,ffs. Glad I havent wasted my $ buying arma2 if the Demo is this bad. :(

The white pixelation I can live with but the constant CTD's in MP is bullshit. :mad: