Sign in to follow this  
=Spetsnaz=

little white dots, very small lines?

just noticed while playing arma 2, i notice were were strange tiny white dots appearing on ground textures and such. they are heavily shown but noticeable..? anyone get them? they seem to appear where the line shows from the texture.. i can try post a screenshot soon.

i think it got something to do with AA enabled. Silent Hunter 3 got the same issue...if you tunr on AA...there where small white dots all over the sea.

I also have this issue without any AA. It seems to happen at the edges of shadows for me anyway.

hmm problem still persists, ive noticed some other people with ati cards having the same issue? anyway to resolve it?

I also have this problem but notice it mostly on the foliage on certain trees when AA is enabled, particularly pine trees..

I'm guessing this is an ATi problem as I have seen it in other games before (Crysis before fixed in drivers)

No one else able to find the issue behind this or experiencing the same problem??

screenshots / video ?

you cant use printscreen...get FRAPS or something similar.

and to be clear, don't force AA/AF on thru the ATI control panel, in case you thought in game AA

Ok here are some screenshots, they aren't perfect, because when i take a screenshot most of the dots disappear, and they seem to flicker alot and are noticeable ingame.

arma22009071021564822.jpg

If you look on the road you will see very few dots, but ingame i get quite a few of these and they flicker on and off

arma22009071021593541.jpg

you will notice some white dots on the road. Ingame more of these appear..

I have same white dots problem appearing on all bushes & trees with the Demo, 1000x worse than pic above, doesnt show on video, VGA = 7950GX2. fps is shit also.

hmm still trying to resolve this issue, tried different gfx card drivers but they still appear.

Set your Anisotropic Filtering to "Very High" in the game(Video Options) and see if that helps. I had lot of those with dots in trees and bushes, after setting the AF to Very High it's disappear here.

Set your Anisotropic Filtering to "Very High" in the game(Video Options) and see if that helps. I had lot of those with dots in trees and bushes, after setting the AF to Very High it's disappear here.

Its already on very high its always has been i even tried it on low but they still appear, and this only happens with ArmA 2

nope it looks nothing like that, look on page one i put 2 screenshots up

I have same white dots problem appearing on all bushes & trees with the Demo, 1000x worse than pic above, doesnt show on video, VGA = 7950GX2. fps is shit also.

I had the same issue with my 9800gtx when I had AntiAliasing Transparency forced on for some reason in my gfx control panel if I remember correctly. Force it off and that should take care of the "frosted" bush/tree issue. It's definately AA related though.

I had the same issue with my 9800gtx when I had AntiAliasing Transparency forced on for some reason in my gfx control panel if I remember correctly. Force it off and that should take care of the "frosted" bush/tree issue. It's definately AA related though.

Doesn't work for me, was already switched off, will have to keep playing with settings. :(

I thought these dots are supposed to be mosquitos or midges. Partictulaly when in and around wooded areas.

I have a ATI 3850 256MB GPU and sometimes there are little white squares of different size in or around a certain area visible. The graphic settings are put to standard, which means "the games do decide what is best for them".

- No screenshots yet.

*most of the times I do recognize the dots or squares on moving objects, like soldiers or vehicles.

Edited by Jimmy the Saint

Negative LOD Bias set to CLAMP maybe helps? Maybe its a Anisotropic Filtering problem.

Clamp it will smoothen out "pixely" graphics especially ground textures in some other games i have. Dont know how it affects ARMA2 though. But something to test if you havent.

Texture Filtering:Negative LOD Bias = CLAMP (ALLOW is standard setting).

Alex

Negative LOD Bias set to CLAMP maybe helps? Maybe its a Anisotropic Filtering problem.

Clamp it will smoothen out "pixely" graphics especially ground textures in some other games i have. Dont know how it affects ARMA2 though. But something to test if you havent.

Texture Filtering:Negative LOD Bias = CLAMP (ALLOW is standard setting).

Alex

cheers but didnt help. :(

Hello all,

I have the same kind of white dots problem, but it's only appearing on trees (not grass).

I was in 17x.xx before, updated to 186,

I tried deactivating SLI,

I have no VSync,

I tried the NVidia Arma2 profile, to no avail.

My config is... 7800 GTX in SLI, single core 3500+, 2GB RAM ! :cool:

I'm looking for help too, it's not that annoying but if I could solve this...

Hello all,

I have the same kind of white dots problem, but it's only appearing on trees (not grass).

I was in 17x.xx before, updated to 186,

I tried deactivating SLI,

I have no VSync,

I tried the NVidia Arma2 profile, to no avail.

My config is... 7800 GTX in SLI, single core 3500+, 2GB RAM ! :cool:

I'm looking for help too, it's not that annoying but if I could solve this...

Hi.

Something like this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79330

Cheers