Sign in to follow this  
Gertrooper

Temp FPS Fix

So i was having the same problems with poor FPS even with low settings when i stumbled onto something from another forum (cant remember what forum:bounce3:).

anyway set your interface and 3d res to your desktops leave the game then enter ("C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -window) withought the brackets into the desktop shortcut target.

windowed for me i can play with great FPS everything very high, ive just fiddled with the box to get it to fit the screen.

Seems theres something very wrong with fullscreen.

doesnt work.. still same FPS =/

if you go to your documents ARMA2/arma.cfg you can set the window size and the location of the window x=0 y=0 (I'm not on my own pc now so I can't check it atm)

I can only play games in window mode, fullscreen makes my system reboot :S

Doesnt work for me neither. Actually, I think that I have a few fps more in fullscreen, but alt-tabbing is much less of a pain in the ass in windowed mode (in fullscreen it takes me like 30 seconds, in windowed mode it alt-tabs instantly).

it is said that vista x64 with nvidia card and the 186.18 drivers would benefit from tthis.

may i ask your sys spec Gertrooper?

When in windowed mode crossfire doesn't work for me, just found out.

So for some people this might not improve their performance.

This is using winXP on ATI forums it is confirmed crossfire doesn't work

in windowed mode on Directx9

If I try that with any other game I get a slide show but with ArmaII the FPS remain much the same, I carn't help thinking somethings not right or they've found a magical way to improve window mode.

Some games use your 2D-speed when in windowed mode, so you play 'underclocked' and I guess with about 20% of the capabilities of your card. ArmA keeps using your 3D-speed so there is no change there.

it is said that vista x64 with nvidia card and the 186.18 drivers would benefit from tthis.

may i ask your sys spec Gertrooper?

I have read this anywhere else too, but I can NOT confirm this! I am using Vista 64 with an Nvidia 8800 GTS (320 MB) and 186.18 Drivers.

NO FPS benfit for me!

yeah running 2 4850s here. windowed mode just kills my fps.

hm, think i got rid of my freezings/pauses every 30sec! will test a bit more... thanks so far :)

have a single 4780 1Gb + vista x64

Edited by Arre

Cuts My FPS in half :eek:

Q9550

Vista 64

4 GB Ram

9800 GT SLI

The Problem I have is not being able to get more than 25 FPS even on the lowest settings.I mean it's playable but Damn I should be able to get more.

hm, think i got rid of my freezings/pauses every 30sec! will test a bit more... thanks so far :)

have a single 4780 1Gb + vista x64

no just fixed it for like an hour... now back on track again, same oll freezings :@