Sign in to follow this  
dr_eyeball

Devastation: mission pack. Team vs Team.

ah.. true.. sorry about that.. :) still looking forward to seeing this mission / gamemode get updated..

Sorry about your HDD crash.

I know alot of ppl hope you finish this.

Please dont give up bro.

Happy Holidays.

Hi Gigolo,

looks like you figured it out. It works great we just need some more ppl there.

Also the new islands with the new maps are awesome!

Edited by Lanthan

We tested this map today on our Clan server, there were some strange bugs :-D

- Score was not shown

- Taking area timer missing

- Several errors becaus of missing flag textures

- The whol Score screen does not work (Showing the players is everything)

- Submissions if you have taken a point missing.

Please fix these bugs, this map really rockZ!!

Beta v0.7 is now available for download. First post has been updated with download links.

Beta Warning:

Devastation version 0.7 is undergoing a beta stage for a week or so, possibly with hot fixes.

This release is an untested beta version intended for private testing only, although it should be mostly ok.

An updated version for public servers will be released again in a couple weeks.

It's been a very long while since I've done an update. This update contains most of the recovered changes from my last system crash. I'm getting a lot of prods to get this update out soon, but it'll take me time to test it all which means more delays.

I've had lots of offers to test any upcoming beta's, so I'm going to take up that offer this time and release a "true beta" that needs community testing before going to general public servers. It takes me days to test each release and I'm not going to find the time right now, but if others test it and report any issues found, the problems can usually be fixed quickly and re-released within a day with a hot fix.

The plan is to spend the next month finalising it to ver 2.0.

v0.7 Change Log

• Fixed: the missing flag images bug (since 1.05, due to BIS renaming core image files from 'co' to 'ca')
  • Fixed: No longer shows you are inside a zone due to another player being in a zone. (logic error)
  • Changed: A single player (or smaller group) may now capture a zone if total team side is less than required. This now allows 1 or 2 players only to test a mission.
  • Changed: some attributes of the GPS player map markers.
  • Changed/Fixed: Reworked all object initialisations for objects created both at start and mid-mission, to ensure they get initialised for JIP and dead players too. Mainly applies to actions and events.
  • Fixed: Autosized ALL dialogs/displays to stay full screen, to cater for 'Interface Size' settings.
  • New: Popup menu now supports shortcut keys, for fast navigation. (Usually first letter/digit, or alternate letter provided.)
  • Changed: Better headbug fix script (includes some of BIS's Evo changes, so it should be faster now).
  • Fixed: most repeated dialog activations due to fast repeated key holding
  • New: Added drag action for any (truck) transportable objects (eg: crate, FOB supply box, etc)
  • Fixed: some scores were not being updated. Work score should be better now.
  • Changed: cargo objects are now unlocked (for the short-term until an issue is resolved with it.)
  • New: added a seat switch delay to encourage players not to take armoured vehicles by themselves. (Will change this to just armed vehicles in next version.)
  • Changed: At last, grid positions no longer require custom scripts, making it compatible for all islands without custom changes.

Missing features:

Some features didn't make it into this version or remain broken.

• Multiple item cargo transport.
  • Broken: rally points should now be destroyable by enemy (by destroying the (newly added) crate beside it, since main object was indestructible).
  • Broken: static MG's are locked even after unload from cargo. (has lock command changed?)
  • Broken: Death scores are still not being shown for some reason, (even though the data is correct).
  • Reduce/move excessive team/vehicle kill messages. The new v1.05 admin capabilities opens up new possibilities now.
  • Extra islands/missions
  • Possibly AI support
  • Plus a bunch of issues from Bug Tracker

Updating your custom missions:

For those who have already created custom missions based on this template, it should be a fairly easy task to update your version to v0.7. For unmodified versions, you can simply copy over all files and folders, except these 3 files: mission.sqm, _header.ext, _mission.csv.

Awesome Doc !!

Gotta gonna talk to Jeepo about getting this on the TG server for testing.

Thanks so much for getting this out :)

I will get this on the Tactical Gamer servers now!

There was no server running this last night. I'll try to get one up and running.

Hi everybody ! Devastation missions is great. We play this mission on ours servers and if someone wanna join and test it , you are welcome in LITCON servers. Most we playng at 21.00 GMT +2

Nice to see how this all ended up Dr Eyeball.

Congrats to you for taking this to PR and becoming a Dev. over there.

:)

Please look for Jeepo over at Tacticalgamer.com if you need help from TG's ArmA2 community. We'd love to be involved with testing.

Best Wishes

Yeah, hopefully the PR guys will focus on missions and gameplay first, and have islands/vehicles/weapons a lower priority (and in that order).

A version of this has been run on our servers since it got first released and is still on there if people want to play it.

As Bear has already said, RIP is already hosting this game mode :yay: and we are looking forward to the Project Reality version.

Cheers!

swing

Any news on a Operation Arrowhead devastation mission on Takistani?

thx4info

Hi Dr. Eyeball,

Seeing as your off making the 'soon-to-be' awesome PR mod, would you mind if I port your Dev 0.7 map to Shapur Island and subsequently modify it as needed?

Of course I credit you with the original work/author-ship!

I'm sure once PR is out it will most likely super-seed anything I make, but god help me I'm getting sick of seeing Warfare/Domination/Evolution maps and the phasing out of AAS maps.

Edited by mad rabbit