Sign in to follow this  
dr_eyeball

Devastation: mission pack. Team vs Team.

Sincere thanks for the quick update Dr_Eyeball.

Will check it out later today and report back!

what you do there looks truly awesome.

But I have a general Question:

It is too early in the morning for me to read 8 pages of posts

but is it possible to employ your engine in the normal, every day Coop mission?

Is it GMT 19 (BST 20) or you mean GMT = BST?

Yes, London time

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

AGW urge to let us use his TS for this event. :yay:

Alain say which TS we should use for this event.

To connect on AGW TS all information you can get here. ;)

I think its best to us the pingzero teamspeak that whisper offered, its just simple to copy and paste 85.171.255.202:8767 into the server address and its all set up just like we need it to be. Its great to have a backup if anything goes wrong anyway, so many thanks for both offers!

Edited by [RIP] Alan.rio

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

4116253.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Alan.rio;1357232']We'll kick off at 19:00 GMT' date=' (London time).[/quote']
Alan.rio;1358171']Yes' date=' GMT = BST = CET-1[/quote']

He means 19:00 BST (18:00 GMT)

Not sure whether it's him being Irish or living in Holland that has messed his timings up :D

Edited by BearBison
modified to make clearer

He means 19:00 BST (18:00 GMT)

Not sure whether it's him being Irish or living in Holland that has messed his timings up :D

Yeah, what he said, my life runs on too many timezones. 19:00 LONDON TIME!

Just for the records if someone is confused with our time event discussion.

Event begins in 18:00 GMT what is:

London UK – 19:00 (GMT +1)

Paris, Berlin EU – 20:00 (GMT +2)

New York US – 14:00 (GMT -4)

Houston US – 13:00 (GMT -5)

Canberra AUS – 04:00 (GMT +10)

TS is in quote.

Alan.rio;1358171']

I think its best to us the pingzero teamspeak that whisper offered' date=' its just simple to copy and paste [b']85.171.255.202:8767[/b] into the server address and its all set up just like we need it to be. Its great to have a backup if anything goes wrong anyway, so many thanks for both offers!

:yay::yay::yay:

(post finalised) - tonight's beta test finished

couple of bugs / issues i noted down during beta test tonight

1) BUG: machine gun loaded into tan floats above the flatbed of the vehcial

2) BALANCE: ralley boundry distences are a bit extreme, esp on inftantry maps (min 300 is alot, compared to active game area in use)

3) BUG: i had an issue with the ice menu where the menu went, but the mouse pointer didnt, and even esc didnt help, had to reload arma.

4) BUG: "team management" seems bugged, in as much as the updating of the team info when someone joins. Some of the squad will see the new member, but not all.

5) BUG: no message so you know you've recieved an invite to a squad

6) BUG: if invited to squad, and you join, then leave, you cant rejoin it again without new invite.

7) BALANCE: dead bodies disappear a little soon, so that you dont have the oppotunity to take gear / items from them.

8) BALANCE: feedback on zone captures is a little non-existant. It has to be sutble, but currently checking the map constantly is the only way to know whats being attacked / defended.

9) BALANCE: no auto team balence.

10) BALANCE: grass problem at range is a real killer for pvp missions (bis bug, not devestation bug)

11) BUG: boomerang is bugged, cant get it working.

11) BUG: sometimes spawn into truck but cant get out

12) BALANCE: imho spawning into truck is way too powerful, given output, base, ralley point, and FOB's already. mobile respawn is too much and normal rifleman has nothing to take truck down with

13) BUG: once (with lag?) it took 30 seconds to populate the list of spawnable locations

14) BUG: ice menus are pretty unreliable. quite often lock up and goes mental. - end up with green boxes with nothing drawn no them, and no way to use menu system

15) BALANCE: Too many spawn points imho, 3 FOB's, main base, a truck, an output, and main base, for each team ?! - its hard enough just to find places to put them all. Better would be ability to spawn on zones unless other team in the large circle, and cut back a bit on the outpost/truck/fob spawns a bit

16) BUG: Sometimes people appear as red names / tags even if not on other team (and even if on foot) - maybe an arma bug, not sure.

17) (removed)

18) BUG: At one point, everytime i respawned i was a long way off the map (as normal) - but the screen that pops up asking where i want to respawn isnt given

19) BUG?: No way to chose which vehical is used to load crate onto.

20) BUG: On carrier missions, taking off in chopper causes explosion

21) BUG?: Cargo unloading will kill people in the way. - maybe intentional. Would be good if crate avoided people if possible

Also, many bugs from alan's previous post still present

Edited by sirex

what you do there looks truly awesome.

But I have a general Question:

It is too early in the morning for me to read 8 pages of posts

but is it possible to employ your engine in the normal, every day Coop mission?

Totally awesome work but I would agree it would be a shame if it was only PVP. Coop would be great:

Maybe a bug, not sure: Vehicle Request ended up in Water, every time it respawned it was destroyed and penalty was given.

As sirex posted above, that was the list of bugs we found during the testing night last night. The two smaller new missions were less buggy than the large old one. The exploding chopper when it leaves the carrier is a weird one.

I think that the infantry map in the urban setting is awesome, the spawn points are a bit far back though. The middle size map suffered a little from two many spawn point, and the action we only had about 22 players on but even at that it was still very dispersed. All great fun though! Its at the level now where the fun of playing it makes the bugs easy to ignore.

One last point, I know you have notes, but NO public players will take the time to read them, may be some popup hints to read the notes and some pop up very very basic instructions. Otherwise it will never take off on public servers.

Does any one know how I could add the code to heal the players in a ctf map. Like the script thats in his map like say 1 bandage for if your shot?

Not sure where the script is or who the author of it is just wondering if I can use it if I can find it in the mission please.

Fun missions cant wait for the non beta .

some times the menus for squad actions are slow to com up.

Sometimes airlifts do not happen .

I also noticed that there are now choppers in the 48 verison for the land based guys.

Nice mission very easy on the server .

Now if more people would dare to play this

Edited by dustoff

It's not about players to dare playing, it's about admins to dare trying to run it on their servers instead of their silly evo/dom.

It's not about players to dare playing, it's about admins to dare trying to run it on their servers instead of their silly evo/dom.

It's both. We ran it on our server last night and 1 indie joined.

It's both. We ran it on our server last night and 1 indie joined.

Yep thats right people complain that there are no PVP servers but never join thouse that are out there. Then the server owner either gives and runs evo , dom or warefare to get players in or shuts down the server.

I can afford to have a empty server or two (or four) becuse I run other games on the box which draw enough of a crowd to satisfy my hobbie.Yes running server is a hobbie just like others have hobbies. I feel for the person that rented a standalone server and paid $50- $90 a month to stay empty

what we need is to get together and have server partys. each server owner that is willing to have a night where everyone joins thier server to bring people in , the next night we all sit on someones elses server and so on.

last time I checkek there wher over 300 servers that where either totaly empty or had one person in them (about 125). I bet thosue 125 are server owners or admins sitting in the server in hopes of getting people to join .

Every time we run it we seed the server with 6-7 guys and it fills every time. You get a lot of guys quitting after 10 minutes, mostly because they don't speak English and hence can't understand our instructions and help. But we do fill it. The killer is that when you have people leaving and joining like that the file is so big it kills the server, it settles down after a while when its filled with people who know what they are doing.

I think gametypes need to start with variants of smaller maps, so that they work with few players. It's probably a given that something new will not have a lot of interest until people try it and like it, and if it doesn't work at all with a small amount of people that will never happen.

Yup I agree. Smaller, more simple missions are needed at the start / for starters.

At the same time smaller doesn't mean bad or different gameplay. You can still offer

the same to the experts.

Just make it less hard for new ppl.

It's not as much about difficulty, as it is about playability with fewer players. Right now maps are so huge, if you only have 4-10 players looking for player vs player action, any server they would join would result in a LOT of walking around and very little actual playing.

I think gametypes need to start with variants of smaller maps, so that they work with few players. It's probably a given that something new will not have a lot of interest until people try it and like it, and if it doesn't work at all with a small amount of people that will never happen.

Agreed. I asked for this a while back because I saw it coming;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74699

The community on tactical games"VZVOD" considers that a devastation very good missions, thanks developers.

It would be desirable to see new variants where there will be a heavy armour.

The lack - at the minimum options of quality of the world vanishes a grass, and it will give priority before the best options

ps - Excuse for my English))

Greetings! I'm representing russian community "Vostok". We are very interested in this new game mode, since it is very similar to the PR ideas. Our goal is make a popular PVP server with the hard teamwork and the missions like this one.

We can translate your gamemode into russian, provide you with the detailed bug reports and user feedback. In return we will ask you to provide us with the newest versions of the game mode.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks and best regards.

DiRaven.

very interesting.

one small idea. Make the map able to support a smaller number of players by making the maps smaller if only say 8 people join the server. that way the action and battlegroup are tighter which fits the less number of people.

edit - kit limiting is a great team play enhancing idea.