Sign in to follow this  
Journeyman

Group/base respawning

Hi all. Probably a bit noobish but I can't find a way to create a respawn on death in the editor. In OFP it was an extension file with respawn = "group"; or respawn = "base";. I pretty much skipped Arma! so I need updating a bit!! Thanks. :)

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Anyone? :o

OK Thanks. But this is what I've been trying! The problem is I'm confused now where the various folders are. In Documents/ArmA2 I have the following folders: missions, MPMissions, Saved and UserSaved but when I save a mission in the editor I can't find it in any of these folders!! :confused:

It's all a bit confusing for an old fart like me!!

OK Thanks. But this is what I've been trying! The problem is I'm confused now where the various folders are. In Documents/ArmA2 I have the following folders: missions, MPMissions, Saved and UserSaved but when I save a mission in the editor I can't find it in any of these folders!! :confused:

It's all a bit confusing for an old fart like me!!

It should be in "My Documents/ArmA2/missions" folder. Check if you have also "ArmA2 Other Profiles" folder as I do.Maybe you've saved it in there?

Is the respawn working as in ArmA1? Anyone knows?

Description file with the normal lines BASE etc and TIME. Then a marker in game named "respawn_west" or "respawn_east" etc. Thats how its done still?

Thank you

Alex

It should be in "My Documents/ArmA2/missions" folder. Check if you have also "ArmA2 Other Profiles" folder as I do.Maybe you've saved it in there?

Well done thanks!! ... Documents/ArmA2/Other Profiles! I'd never of guessed! ;)

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

BAH! I give up! Even though I've now got the right folder now my decription.ext files have zero effect! In my .ext file i have got this:

respawn = 5;

respawnDelay = 10;

This acording to the Wiky should make me respawn to any units on my side upon death and also give me Team Switch in game. I've tried saving and reloading etc. ... I'm doing something wrong but what?? :confused:

All worked well in OFP!

Are the AI units set to 'playable'? If they are not playable I don't think you can spawn into them.

Secondly, make sure to disable the 'hide known file type extensions' in Windows Explorer so that you are sure that the file is named Description.ext and not Description.ext.txt

Are the AI units set to 'playable'? If they are not playable I don't think you can spawn into them.

Secondly, make sure to disable the 'hide known file type extensions' in Windows Explorer so that you are sure that the file is named Description.ext and not Description.ext.txt

OK Thanks. Making the units all 'Playable' has now enabled the Team Switch button but it does nothing and I still don't respawn on death! I've checked that the file is an .ext one too.

Perhaps if someone could PM me a simple mission with respawn enabled I could figure it out?

respawn only works in MP, not in preview mode. Did you tried that?

All you need is to put marker called respawn_west (or east) in the editor and

in the description.ext:

respawn=3;
respawndelay=4;

There shouldn't be anything else...

respawn only works in MP, not in preview mode. Did you tried that?

Ah ha! Thanks Bunny! That's what I forgot. Last time I messed around in OFP it was always in the MP editor and not the SP one!

onLoadMission="YOUR MISSION NAME HERE";

class Header

{

gameType = Coop; //DM, Team, Coop, ...

minPlayers = 1; //min # of players the mission supports

maxPlayers = 50; //Max # of players the mission supports

};

respawn = BASE;

respawndelay = 20;

disabledAI = 1;

save as a description.ext or download the ArmA Edit hope this helps im a noobie to this but worked this out fast looking in other missions

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\My Documents\ArmA 2\MPMissions\YOUR MISSION

Edited by zipman