Sign in to follow this  
Merad

move to position.

I'm trying to set a trigger to move several units to a position but I can't get it to fire. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

{_x doMove 045,071} forEach [RAI1,RAI2,RAI3,RAI4,RAI5,RAI6];

I've set the trigger for both bluefor present and NONE.

Thanks!

doMove 045,071

This syntax is definately wrong. First, positions (I assume that is what you are trying to give doMove, according to its syntax) must be in arrays (eclosed by []s), second, that looks more like a grid coordinate, not a valid world position. Try using getPos to find a valid position.

I've set the trigger for both bluefor present and NONE.

Ok, that means it will fire if there are BLUFOR units present inside the trigger's area (assuming you left the condition as 'this').

Ok I was wondering where to find world positions. I was just reading it off the editor map. I'll give it a whirl.

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Wow. I'm having a lot of trouble getting these units to move. According to the guide I should be able to drop:

RAI6 doMove getMarkerPos RallyPoint

Where RAI6 is the unit and RallyPoint the name of the Marker

into the init line and it'll move. But it doesn't. RRrrgh.

use the getpos command in a radio trigger set to repeat. http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getPos

in on activation have

hintc format ["Pos: %1", getpos player];

Position will be center screen and have to click continue to close screen. write down the coords

RAI6 doMove getMarkerPos RallyPoint

Syntax is for the most part correct, but marker names must be strings (enclosed by ""s).

RAI6 doMove (getMarkerPos "RallyPoint")