Sign in to follow this  
laggy

1-6 Behind Enemy Lines

"shoot him."

Hehe, I know the problem, but I refuse to shoot anyone on my own side, deliberately, for any reason. Not as much a problem in Arma2 as it was in Arma1, but I have experienced stuck units. Maybe a check only against hiuman players in ending trigger? We might have a go again on it tomorrow, see what happens then.

"dedicated server was quite a struggle."

Hehe, trust me, I know all about it :D

"That will be the final build."

Suggestion: Use v1.0 for a final build :)

Yes, I like the intro too, but it and all kinds of intros quickly become a problem if you're unlucky and are insta-slaughtered at the beginning. Maybe intro should default to off? I mean, it brings some humour to it, but nothing that is important to how you play it out. If no admin is around, restarting with intro becomes annoying. Highly personal of course, but I tend to dislike any games forcing intros on me, especially if I've seen them before. :)

I like a short intro so the units on the map gets going while you watch some intro.

I don't talk about 10 min but maybe 10-20 sec of intro.

This way you kind of let the server finish up its things before everybody starts.

Personal preference. But if the mission don't need it, don't do it.

I agree with CarlGustaffa on that one.

But a small intro will do great things if you got some randomness in your mission.

Piece of cake...loved the dogs barking.

My teammate died right away. I shot a civilian in a yellow car and drove his car to a empty truck. Drove the truck into a tree, just in time to hear the tanks waiting for me. I walked around them and passed the mission. Took about 10 minutes muhahaha.

Hey Laggy,

I appreciate your working on other things, but we were hoping you could put out a version 1, even if you spend 5-10 minutes randomising a few of the currently fixed enemy groups, add a surprise or two more (SU25 patrolling 2nd half :)?) and release it? Would be terrific! Cheers again

Thanks for the sustained interest Plundera, I'll try to release the final version soon.

My main problem in finishing the mission has been this:

Some players have "complained" that the mission is too easy, while others experience what I do... that it ranges from very difficult to impossible.

I've been trying to make the mission a little more consistent, but also keeping it random and unpredictable, which is a tough balance.

My view is this:

If you only like action and fighting, you might not enjoy this mission every time, because it is quite random. BUT, if you like atmosphere, tension and unpredictability you should enjoy it EVERY time.

Anyway, I'm working on two new missions, but a final release of this one is more or less done. I hope...

Cheers,

Laggy

"BUT, if you like atmosphere, tension and unpredictability you should enjoy it EVERY time." This aptly describes the appeal to us. You can certainly cut the tension with a knife in this map.

Thanks again and really looking forward to it

Cheers,

@ Plundera,

I didn't have time for a final mission polish before Christmas.

The final version will be out in the beginning of January along with another COOP mission called "The Beachhead".

After that I will finish "The Dirty Dozen".

Sorry if you are waiting for enemy lines, but it has to be perfect before the final release.

Cheers and merry x-mas,

Laggy

No worries Laggy, looking forward to it

Thanks again for your hard work.

Merry XMas and happy NY

Cheers

Hi Laggy,

Hey, I just tried the mission (SP) (patch 1.05) (no mods or addons) and two things happened:

1) The first time I tried the mission ArmA2 crashed when showing the move of the team on the chopper. :confused:

2) After running ArmA2 again, I got killed when I was playing corpsman (trying to heal myself the pilot), then I got shot and died... and the mission got stuck with me dead! :butbut:

I couldn't switch back to other team members, and eventually I heard and saw the enemy around me! Pretty creepy! :scared:

FYI. :)

Best, Splicer.

Hi Splicer,

Thanks for the feedback :)

The intro crash problem is unknown before patch 1.05, but maybe it was a random PC thing. I don't have 1.05 yet myself (Christmas without ArmA2 :eek:), but will of course double check this thing before version 1.0.

Version 0.98 should already work with teamswitch in SP, will look into this as well. It will definitely work in version 1.0. In fact teamswitch now works even in MP by using respawn "side", think this was fixed in 1.04.

Had you died and teamswitched through the whole team when you got "stuck"? Could you give me a more detailed summary of the gameplay?

I hope BIS didn't change anything with teamswitch.

Regards,

Laggy

Edited by laggy

Hi Splicer,

Thanks for the feedback :)

The intro crash problem is unknown before patch 1.05, but maybe it was a random PC thing. I don't have 1.05 yet myself (Christmas without ArmA2 :eek:), but will of course double check this thing before version 1.0.

Version 0.98 should already work with teamswitch in SP, will look into this as well. It will definitely work in version 1.0. In fact teamswitch now works even in MP by using respawn "side", think this was fixed in 1.04.

Had you died and teamswitched through the whole team when you got "stuck"? Could you give me a more detailed summary of the gameplay?

I hope BIS didn't change anything with teamswitch.

Regards,

Laggy

Hi Laggy,

Thanks for your prompt reply. You had Christmas without ArmA2? Well, that is wrong! ;)

The crashing could have been a random thing. I will play it more to see if happens again or not.

Forgive my ignorance as I'm not proficient with the game and lingo yet, but when you say "teamswitch" do you mean selecting another team member (e.g., F2) and switching to that member?

If so, then I can tell you that I could not get ANY command from the keyboard. I press the space bar, all the function keys (e.g., F2, F3), and nothing.

It was like I died, yet I was aware of the surroundings and had my eyes opened.

This happened near some tree/bushes south of the initial crashing site/chopper, and I was the first KIA. I don't think I played more than a couple of minutes in the game.

Does that help?

Thanks! Splicer.

Hi again Splicer, yes teamswitch is when you take control over another team member.

Sounds like you were not dead after all.

This mission uses the ArmA2 first aid module (found in the editor), where you get incapacitated and bleed sometimes instead of dying. What you describe, with the enemies coming up on your character sounds exactly like what happens when the first aid module kicks in. The enemies don't shoot at you because you are not considered to be a threat.

If it happens again (red filter screen and all) try to roll over on your belly by pushing the move buttons, w,a,d etc. Also see if you can call out that you are wounded to your teammates.

I might be wrong and missed something, but since you say you are quite new to ArmA2 this might be the case.

Thanks again,

Laggy

Hi again Splicer, yes teamswitch is when you take control over another team member.

Sounds like you were not dead after all.

This mission uses the ArmA2 first aid module (found in the editor), where you get incapacitated and bleed sometimes instead of dying. What you describe, with the enemies coming up on your character sounds exactly like what happens when the first aid module kicks in. The enemies don't shoot at you because you are not considered to be a threat.

If it happens again (red filter screen and all) try to roll over on your belly by pushing the move buttons, w,a,d etc. Also see if you can call out that you are wounded to your teammates.

I might be wrong and missed something, but since you say you are quite new to ArmA2 this might be the case.

Thanks again,

Laggy

Hi Laggy,

Thanks for the tips. Actually, I know that when you get hit badly and and are in bad shape the whole screen turns red, blurry, etc. In this case none of that happened. That's why I was even more confused.

Nonetheless, I will keep trying your mission and if anything else turns up I'll let you know. ;)

Take care and talk to you soon!

Best, Splicer.

Mission updated to final version.

Cheers,

Laggy

Hi all friends and beta testers, thanks for all the feedback.

I'm putting this mission up as a final version, which means it has to be "perfect".

Do you have any bugs or annoyances to report?

Otherwise, thanks for all your feedback.

Yours truly,

Laggy