Sign in to follow this  
MGB

My missions: defend - AI reinforcements?

So I was playing a 'My Mission' defend scenario, except I changed our unit to helicopters (which incidentally confuses the AI foot soldiers immensely! :P). Anyways, after a while a trio of Hind's showed up, circled the area and proceeded to whup my ass :) My question is: who called the Hinds? Are enemy reinforcements a part of 'my mission', or was it the ambient engagement stuff?!

I was most happy they showed up anyway...

That's the ambient combat module in action.

It generates random battles around you, in which you may also become involved. It's pretty awesome. :)

Add the civilian and animal modules to that in the editor and you could basically spend days exploring the country, joining in battles etc. and it would be different every time. Such is the power of Arma2.

Woah that is pretty awesome.

But not as awesome as me then proceeding to down one of the Hinds with a fixed ToW emplacement whereupon two enemy parachuted out as it fireballed into the ground :o Great stuff!

When ACM is enabled, it's good to spawn some AA static defences (or US launchers ammo crate). ACM seems to love spawning enemy helicopters.

That's the ambient combat module in action.

It generates random battles around you, in which you may also become involved. It's pretty awesome. :)

Add the civilian and animal modules to that in the editor and you could basically spend days exploring the country, joining in battles etc. and it would be different every time. Such is the power of Arma2.

How do these modules work? Do they only effect a certain area or the whole map? Is there a limit to how many units spawn?

How do these modules work?

You basically just place them in the editor and synch them to yourself. The module activates automatically when the mission is started.

Do they only effect a certain area or the whole map?

The whole map. Basically wherever you go.

Is there a limit to how many units spawn?

You can adjust the "intensity" of the module by adding a small script. By default there will be small skirmishes around you, which I believe get either larger or more frequent depending on the intensity. I don't think it will generate any huge epic battles though.