Sign in to follow this  
Nomaki

Manhattan - No Support Options

In the Manhattan mission during the campaign, the Support Info suggests I have both Starforce 21 and Artillery Support, neither of these appear in my Support Options.

However, when I went back to the FOB and got into Starforce 21 in a bid to activate it, the game automatically requested an extraction whilst I was in the helicopter, and now it just sits there completely unresponsive.

Any suggestions on how to kick-start Star Force 21 and/or get the Artillery support option? (Usual methods of firing a clip into the cockpit, re-assigning the LZ and reverting to a previous save doesn't work!)

Cheers.

i've got almost same problem i can request for Starforce 21 but nothing else...

Same prob here. Finally got sick of Manhattan falling apart and restarted mission. Went straight to HQ and talked to main bod and was told "you have ART and Helo support". Checked comms menu and hey presto, star force 21 AND artillery are in there. Now for my plan to defeat the bugs.

Before I save EVER, I am going to check that comms menu. As soon as any of those two options disappear for no reason then I reload. If it still happens then the game is going on the, "until its patched properly pile" which ‘empire total war’ just came out of looking very ashamed!

We're working on a reliable fix right now.

Cheers Jeruzo. It’s a mark of the esteem we hold the game in that people aren’t being put off by these bugs and keep on working round them. Once you guys sort the bugs and start expanding the core game then there’s not much that can touch ARMA 2 as far as immersion and scale are concerned.

The helo AI needs a flying course though, (or just turn off tree collision detection for the helo for now).

Keep up the good work. :)

and what about specops missions are they a same problem ?

Secops as such aren't used throughout the campaign.

I agree with the helo pathfinding. When u give the destination on the map u cant really estimate the terrain at the future LZ, and if it happens to be in a forest.....:(

Ive been suffering this problem too, although far worse is that i cant progress past manhattan either because the game crashes to desktop every time i try to load a saved game :( im resorting to single missions while this is dealt with,although i really want to get through the campaign first!

Artillery would be very helpful for softening up the main insurgent camp. I hope this gets fixed soon.

:edit: not to mention that artillery is just plain fun.

Edited by Sir Finkus

Spanng. You can minimise 'dipshit helo pilot' error by standing in an open / flat field before calling transport. That works. If you see the pickup point appear somewhere daft, then place the cursor (on the map), over a safe area and call transport again. Starforce will head to the last designated point and hopefully not crash.

[My artillery option just vanished after searching Gorka. First bloody mission! Going to have to handle the insurgent main base with a wet towel and a cup of tea]

Can you tell us when this patch will be out ?

message deleted

Edited by coolts
duplicated

To be honest, this is pretty poor. I spent a good few hours getting through a long ass mission only to find that I cannot complete it due to a stupid thing like options mysteriously disappearing. It's sucking the fun out of the game and making it very hard to like. Get your fingers out BI. It's bloody infuriating.

Well, I am stuck in the beginning of the mission.When I need to report to Cpt. Shaftoe, I find him lying on the floor, dead. Because of this, I can't do anything. Please, help me!