Sign in to follow this  
witebanshee

Iron or normal sights?

yeah, panzer. What are you talking about? I wouldnt be saying Iron sights are for newbies, iv hit people dead on and took them down with a single shot at sniper rifle range using iron sights.

As for the topic, i think iron sights do well for what they are. I think Russian iron sights are more accurate than the NATO ones; smaller, less blocky, dont block out your target as much. So yeah, unless i'm using full auto on a small group or sniping, i'll use iron sights.

And for the record, the reticule is not as accurate as iron sights. If anyone noticed, the shot comes from the berral of the weapon, and not from the player himself, like it has in other games. I discovered this when i was exicuting people by popping one in their head while they're on the ground as a way of kinda making sure they're dead. Id put the reticule on their head, and the shot would go about a foot in front of it. so if you aim at something terribly close with the reticule, you most likely wont hit it. Its there for the sake of cadet mode to give you a relitively accurate idea of where the shot will go at ranges exeding 20 meters.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PanzerGrenadier2 @ Mar. 12 2002,06:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">iron sites are for newbies smile.gif. Default crosshair all the way ... thats a more realistic iron site if you ask me ... the OFP iron sites are very unrealistic i mean a iron site is just that a iron

|-| at the end of the gun. Not a bloody scope not including the steyr or the g36. But it does make the game that more visually apealing smile.gif, I use iron sites when im in the mood for candy tounge.gif. eye candy that is smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Have you ever fired a weapon? I hope you are being sarcastic. confused.gif  

Being a Sgt. in the USMC and a Expert rifleman, who specializes in the 500 yard line, I assure you that iron sights are the way to go without a scope. Whithout the iron sights I would not be able to hit you 19 out of 20 times at 500 yards like I can with my M16.

Although a crosshair would be nice if you could even see it that far in RL, but the closest you will ever get to that is the lazer marker.

Either way I doubt I will ever be able to have the accuracy in OFP that I do in RL...... If only I could jump in every now and then and show them how its done biggrin.gif

Iron sights. Has to be. I did play for a while with crosshairs off but it caused too many problems with aircraft and armour lock ons.

An option to disable crosshairs only for people perhaps?

that sounds like a good call. I could see how you would run into problems like that with locking on to things. Cause unless youre the gunner, thats the only way you know what your aiming at, aside from guessing by looking at where your aiming which would be tough on a chopper

I use the iron sights whenever I can. Upon contact, I just drop and activate the iron sights. Only when really close by (less than 50 metres) I shoot them from my hip.

I have fired fully automatic weapon from the hip and using iron sights, anyone claiming cross hair to be more realistic is a moron or a really stupid person. Or just kidding biggrin.gif

Semi auto using the sights works like a charm i.r.l., anyway, or rapid 3 rounds auto.

I like the iron sight. I seem to hit more with the iron sight. targets at a distance are easy to hit using iron sight. For the first time in the campaigns I can kill alot of enemy troops before my AI buddies do. With the normal sight I could never hit the target right. Iron sight is more accurate. Its good to use with the full automatic weapons too, in the first Red Hammer mission I cut down most of the civilians myself with a few seconds on the triger before they could shoot me or my comrades smile.gif