Sign in to follow this  
Akira

Amsterdam hostage crisis!

http://europe.cnn.com/2002....ex.html

"He seized the office building more than eight hours earlier in what he said was a protest against the quality of widescreen television."

Think he grabbed the wrong building too!

Jesus people are fuckin' FREAKS!

lol that's a classic biggrin.gif

I was never satisfied with my ISP kus I lose connection quite a bit.

I might just give that a try, watch out BT here I come !!

I might just improve customer services.

This is why the U.S. government remains to keep drugs illegal tounge.gif "This is your brain on Drugs"

Why did he do it you ask?

Well, you remember that some programs on widescreen TV have two black areas. (at the left and the right of the screen).

This crazy person thought that whenever a program was on, secret messages would appear in these areas, programmed by Phillips. He thought that they were ment to brainwash people. Onfortunately for him, he took hostages in the wrong building. Phillips moved last year i think to a nearby building.

He shot himself twice, when he found out, in the head. He was heavily armed, and i think he also had a bombcase with him. Geez, he was 59 years old.

What a way to go. He'll be a legend. The best way to lash against society you are unhappy with is to do something totally irrational. It scares the shit out of people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 13 2002,04:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What a way to go. He'll be a legend. The best way to lash against society you are unhappy with is to do something totally irrational. It scares the shit out of people.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm just wondering how much fun you all would be having if this happened in the U.S.? Lets all make fun of Euros now tounge.gif, it's our turn to show you how dumb your continent is wink.gif

I don't think of this as a funny thing.

The man has a point.

And he did everything he possibly could to be heard.

Now we just have to learn something from this.

Could someone please tell that?

Hey, the man was 59 years old. I don't know about his life or anything, but when he began to think widescreen televisions are sending secret messages, his life must have been filled with anxiety = hell. He caused a scene, had his time in the spotlight, then harmlessly shot himself.

So what did he get? A long life and he got to go with a bang instead of a whimper. He also got out of his life, which had turned into a hell. What more can you wish for? Most of us make far lesser impression into the fabric of history.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 13 2002,04:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, the man was 59 years old. I don't know about his life or anything, but when he began to think widescreen televisions are sending secret messages, his life must have been filled with anxiety = hell. He caused a scene, had his time in the spotlight, then harmlessly shot himself.

So what did he get? A long life and he got to go with a bang instead of a whimper. He also got out of his life, which had turned into a hell. What more can you wish for? Most of us make far lesser impression into the fabric of history.<span id='postcolor'>

The man made history by being a complete fucking fool of himself? boy am I glad you guys dont write the history books.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 13 2002,11:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The man made history by being a complete fucking fool of himself? boy am I glad you guys dont write the history books.<span id='postcolor'>

How simply must I put it? We are discussing that man's death in a frigging international discussion board! That's more attention than most peoples deaths get!

What more can you wish for? Most of us make far lesser impression into the fabric of history.

I'll tell yah, you sure are fucked up..what more could you wish for? Hmmm maybe not going nuts, then thinking messages are being hidden on your T.V. which results in your own death..thats what I'd wish for you nutjob!

What is sad about this is that Murda thinks that suicide makes a fool of somebody.

Maybe one day, when some person close to you dies, you realize that death isn't so fun, after all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Mar. 13 2002,05:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is sad about this is that Murda thinks that suicide makes a fool of somebody.

Maybe one day, when some person close to you dies, you realize that death isn't so fun, after all.<span id='postcolor'>

Suicide is a pussies way of getting out of their troubles, they cant deal with life, so they choose to end it. And guess what, both my parents are dead..so I know the feeling all too well pal, so save me the bullshit. And how does calling someone a fool make me think death is fun, you get dumber with every post you make.

I must agree with Murda Inc.... When somebody commits suicide, he only hurts the people that are close to him. Most people commit suicide because they cannot deal with live. It is a hams... chickens way out. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ Mar. 13 2002,11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I must agree with Murda Inc.... When somebody commits suicide, he only hurts the people that are close to him. Most people commit suicide because they cannot deal with live. It is a hams... chickens way out.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

When somebody commits suicide, he hurts the people that are close to him, if he has any. That's right. And most people do commit suicide, because they cannot deal with life. But to call it a chickens way out is simplifying matters somewhat.

You have to remember that nobody has any duty to go on living, it's a choice everybody makes every day by steering out of harms way. Religions have tried to control this by demonizing suicide, since it would suck if all the people giving money to church would suicide, now, wouldn't it? If somebody decides to suicide, it's just a way out for him, nothing more, since nobody can really claim that they wouldn't make the same decision if they lived the life the deceased did. We who are left behind are in no position to judge the deceased, we can only mourn him.

i dont think anyone can critise the dude untill u buy a widescreen and check the quality

it is indeed shite sad.gif

If somebody without family or friends that can be hurt wants to commit suicide it's allright with me as long as he doesn't do it in a way that involves other people. For instance, if you decide to jump in front of a train full of passengers you're an egocentric asshole as far as I'm concerned.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InRange @ Mar. 13 2002,09:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For instance, if you decide to jump in front of a train full of passengers you're an egocentric asshole as far as I'm concerned.<span id='postcolor'>

In the last 2 weeks, there were 2 suicides on the mass transit system in my town, and both times, thousands of people were late for work or where ever they were going. If they'd jump in front of a bus, maybe only 40/50 people are going to be late. And the advantage of jumping in front of a bus is that you don't have to pay a fair first, unlike jumping in front of a subway where you got to pay first.

-=Die Alive=-

This guy almost sounds like american though. smile.gif

What soo bad about widescreen ? Wide screen is better for movies.Unless we talking about something else.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Mar. 13 2002,21:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This guy almost sounds like american though. smile.gif

What soo bad about widescreen ? Wide screen is better for movies.Unless we talking about something else.<span id='postcolor'>

I ASSUME they are talking of standard letterbox TVs (like HDTVs)....but they didn't say anything about HDTV.

I don't know....

I said it once and I'll say it again...

People are fuckin' FREAKS!