Sign in to follow this  
Ferujo

ArmA2 FreeTrack PETITION

Would you like the possibility to use Freetrack on ArmA2?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the possibility to use Freetrack on ArmA2?

• Yes, please.. I'd be very pleased for having this option of head tracking too!
    • Sure.. It would be very nice to try this Freetrack lark with Arma2.

Hello everyone,

This is the 5th thread about Freetrack and I hope it's definitive.

There's a petition opened for those who wants Freetrack implemented in ArmA2, in case of this poll thread getting closed, again.

Here's the link: http://www.petitiononline.com/arma2pet/petition.html

So, you can vote here at this poll, but, primarily, vote at the Petition, that is safe from being closed. It takes only 10 seconds to get it done!

You can choose your e-mail not to being displayed at the petition's signature, so you don't have to worry about your privacy.

About this new poll, contribute for this only voting, but do not argue. We already got 4 closed threads because of ungrounded accusations of possibly contracts and agreements. This arguments are going to lead us anywhere but getting threads closed. Our argument is already the petition that is already online! So, sign it!

----X----

Before finishing this post, I would like to say something: I got infracted for opening the last poll thread (link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76698). The reasons are not clear for me, since I sent two private messages to Placebo (the forum moderator): the first one before opening the poll thread and the second after getting the poll thread closed and get infracted.

As my answers were never replied back until today, I open this new thread, in order to disseminate the online petition and to say that I still disagree with this forum rule that strangles our right of expression, closing threads because of a few, instead of editing the unwanted posts.

The "reason" message I received for the infraction was:

“Starting a new thread for something which was clearly closed by a moderator for a reason is not acceptableâ€.

My question is: When are we going to be able to discuss this issue here. Never? So, tell us before closing one more thread, Placebo.

Fellas, I ask you emphatically not to argue at this thread. Let’s only vote and see if any of the programmers have something to say to us.

Thank you very much, Bohemia, Placebo and the game Team,

Greetings.

----X----

Edit: Oh, I was almost forgeting the Preamble:

As most of you already know, ArmA2 doesn't support any kind of head tracking device, but one that’s too expensive for the majority.

If you think that Bohemia Interactive should make ArmA2 head tracking FREE, for example, implementing the Freetrack SDK (which is already free) in their next patch, this is your video (it is always being updated with new info):

Cm7tuJzSz7A

(It's better to see on youtube, in fullscreen:

)

So, pay attention to the beginning and to the end of it.

See you head tracked!

Edited by Ferujo

OK Here's the friendly version.

Contracts.

Feliz agora?

Edited by MindSpray

Old post

Why don't you read the thread, fella? I asked not to argue. 3 threads were already shut because of ungrounded commentaries like yours.

Your luck is that we have the petition now. So, if the moderator still prefers to close the thread instead of editing ungrounded commentaries like yours, we gonna have something yet.

I hope this doesn't have to happen.

Edit: Thank you for the editing, MindSpray.

Edited by Ferujo

It would be nice if the petition had the option to leave a comment.

I would love to have freetrack in arma2 so much, that I'll attach 2 Leds to the sides of my mouth, to show my happiness when we have it.

EDIT: We should call this the "Love thread from freetrack users to BI."

Edited by Jorge.PT

Is it deliberate that the two voting options are for the same conclusion?

Both signed.

These Freetrack threads are like one big perpetual motion machine already :)

Nice, un-biased poll options there really.

Let’s only vote and see if any of the programmers have something to say to us.

Suma (doesnt really get higher up the chain than that) already said that if there was enough reason to they might consider it, but not in the coming weeks/months as they have many more higher priority tasks to do. Cant see how clearer that needs to be?

it's a petition not a vote :) and ppl keep in mind to not argue in this thread thx ! signed both

Both signed from germany. Some more fans over here ;)

Nice, un-biased poll options there really.

Suma (doesnt really get higher up the chain than that) already said that if there was enough reason to they might consider it, but not in the coming weeks/months as they have many more higher priority tasks to do. Cant see how clearer that needs to be?

Very clear for me. The only thing is not clear is that, from my point of view, we already are a lot of users, and this is a point of view that differs from theirs and I respect that, as long as we don't have the opportunity to show them numbers.

So, the next step for now is to congregate all this Freetrack users so we might be able to look at real numbers and make a grounded opinion, both of us.

voted yes !

it's the only option! (rs)

+1 from me - not unexpectedly....

I AM going to say ONE thing.....

I've been hanging around these forums since about 2001 - I joined and started contributing once I left university and had time to start learning how to mod OFP in about 2004...

In ALL that time, I've NEVER - NEVER - seen this level of interest - this level of feeling, expressed about an aspect of the game.

From what I've seen recently on the forums, a LOT of the newbies arrive with their shiny new Arma2's - they've been to the Community websites - they've seen the wealth of Community addons - they think "what a great game"...

We ARE the Community BIS - and as you can probably tell by now - we want this BAD...

However - since this may be the only time I get to post in these forums again on this subject - I'd like to inject a small note of sanity right now...

We've all seen the suggestions threads - we've all seen the troubleshooting thread - We've ALL BOUGHT THE GAME...

We KNOW theres a MONSTER amount of work ahead for the Devs - fixing fundamental problems... serious problems - lots of them.....

I don't think ANY of us expect BIS to down tools on all other aspects and start installing API's on demand - most of us with more than a passing interest have visited or even used the bug tracking pages - we KNOW the workload...

We're not kids demanding everything now - we're just looking for a firm commitment from BIS that there will be Non-Encrypted Head Tracking Support Added In A Future Patch...

B

wheres the "no" voting option:confused:

saying no is craziness like saying microsoft joysticks only please - and those with logitech have to buy anew... that is madness

+Vote for freedom and freetrack

Haha, why did you even put a poll if both the responses are yes?

Haha, why did you even put a poll if both the responses are yes?

This is a petition, not a yes or no poll. If you don't care for freetrack, you need not vote.

Voted yes,

Never used freetrack or any other tracking device, how much head movement is required?

With the default setting, you only need +/- 30º head turn to look behing your shoulder, but you can change the settings and put more or less, as you like.

wheres the "no" voting option

In case you didn't noticed, this is a petition for those who want to have freetrack (or other non trackir interfaces) in ArmA2 and not a poll.

Not getting a reply to a PM is not grounds to ignore previous moderating decisions, if you wanted to expedite a PM reply you send another PM and say "excuse me but can you reply to my previous PM please?"

The previous threads were closed, you know why they were closed, you know that the new threads following the closed threads were considered "ignoring a moderator's opinion", you also know that Suma answered the question you were all apparently waiting to get an official answer for.