Sign in to follow this  
Farout

Petition for mouse fix ~!

If it was heavy mouse aim i wouldnt care..just turn the dpi up a tad if you hate it, but i use low sens anyway from cs...

its the input lag..how far you move your mouse onthe mousepad should track the same in the game...its just how you calibrate it, some like the movement to be faster than others...

BUT... WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THE HELL THE RETICULE IS GOING TO END UP, THAT'S JUST STUPID AND UNCALLED FOR AND MUST BE FIXED

everyone opposed..lol i'm sorry but you're not too bright and honestly should be gaming because what I see now isnt gaming..its coders being lazy and not finishing the game.

Make it an option and fix it...

Hahahahahaha. I LOL when I read this. Man you aren't too bright yourself. I don't have these problems you do so I'm not too bright? Some peoples kids, honestly...

I know 6 others who don't have this problem and we all play other shooters and have the EXACT SAME MOUSE MOVEMENT and know WHERE THE HELL THE RETICULE IS GOING TO END UP. Please explain this einstein.

Not everyone seems to experience it, but a lot of people do, so it definitely isn't purely hardware related or such.

While I have my own opinions about insulting people or starting a post with a huge list of (irrelevant) clans and tournaments, I can kinda understand the frustration when people who obviously doesn't even experience the issue/"feature" at hand are very quick to judge and throw various "this isn't a twitch game stop whining" arguments all around them as soon as someone even mentions another game series in the same post as an A2 issue.

As funkee already mentioned, there's already a thread about it, and it's pretty clear that some people simply don't experience this issue (my bet is that none of the guys who instantly gets all "a2 is great and flawfree this problem is in ur head u sux" does).

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74085&page=23

Like I said, I've played OFP, I've played ArmA, I understand that the way you move etc is different from classic FPS's, and I personally loved it in A1, especially in ACE. That is NOT the issue that people are having with A2, and the fact that it's obvious that some people have it and some don't (based on posts and videos) should be enough to rule out the possibility that it's a "feature".

As it is now, it's really hard to quickly get your target in the sights (regardless of if you're aiming down the sights or not), and equally hard to make minor adjustments to the aim and what not, much more so than IRL.

If you don't experience that, post your specs, maybe even record a gameplay video to help those who do, or shut the hell up. It's your choice, but there's no need to be an armchair nazi ignorantly judging other people with other issues than yourself.

Edited by maxter

Farout car I have a picture of you?

I want to get a poster Made to replace my Chuck Norris one

He used to be my hero now after reading your awesome list of accomplishment's

I know he is just not good enough anymore

Again, I'm not responding to anyone having legitimate technical mouse issues but rather those that just don't like the feel of Arma's mouse/gun control.

*Sorta of Tangent Story*

A few years back my GF and I, moved to the Virgin Islands on a whim and both had to scramble to make ends meet in terms of leaving our old careers. I decided to take a job as a guard for the U.S Federal Building down there which was always at an elevated risk level due to the lax nature of the Islands overall security. The training involved 3 weeks of everything from counterterrorism, bomb detecting, Al-Qaeda videos and what not, with the last week dedicated to winning firefights and 3 days of actual shooting. Now as far as shooting, I had no real experience with any sort of gun outside of paintball which I was pretty good at. We now had 1 week before we had to take our firearms qualification test, and me being so low on the benjamins that I couldn't afford ammo to practice at the range, literally set up the target range scenarios in Arma and practiced 6+ hours a day. I also had Half-life but for one: it didn't have those type of methodical scenarios, and 2: the gun action with the world being pulled around with every move of the mouse, just wasn't helpful.

Result, I came in 2nd out of 27 candidates being just 2 points shy of 'Master Marksmen'. I found the weighted movements far more represented the muscle tension and resistence needed to properly line up sights and really the only other factor that wasn't represented was tension on triggerpull which I would love to see aded in some sort of analog mouse key input.

Edited by froggyluv

you have your priorities, others have theirs. Mine is crying like a baby to keep this game as fucking far away from cs/bf style gameplay as possible. You want to sidestrafe, bunnyhop or run through a town precisely hipshooting targets 100m away with a flick of the mouse while relying on you mouse skill rather than worrying about getting shot due to poor rl tactics then i'll fight you and and every other twitch-arma wannabe every step of the way.

OOOOORRRAAHHHHHh

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

BUT... WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THE HELL THE RETICULE IS GOING TO END UP, THAT'S JUST STUPID AND UNCALLED FOR AND MUST BE FIXED

WELL THATS FUNNY BECAUSE EVERYTIME I'M LOOKING DOWN THE IRON SIGHT'S I ALWAYS GET THEM STRAIGHT TO MY TARGET NO MATTER WHAT DISTANCE OR SPEED

now you are using your iron sight's to aim aren't ya? I mean only n00bs aim from the hip in this military simulator.

:o::annoy::pet3::coop::shine:

OOOOORRRAAHHHHHh

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

WELL THATS FUNNY BECAUSE EVERYTIME I'M LOOKING DOWN THE IRON SIGHT'S I ALWAYS GET THEM STRAIGHT TO MY TARGET NO MATTER WHAT DISTANCE OR SPEED

now you are using your iron sight's to aim aren't ya? I mean only n00bs aim from the hip in this military simulator.

:o::annoy::pet3::coop::shine:

yes use the optics not the trainer reticule. if you cant play on expert then you cant play.

Good job in repeatedly missing the fucking point. It's got nothing to do with whether you're in sights mode or not, and I'm sure you are fortunate enough to not experience the issue at hand.

So please, shut up, you're not doing anything for anyone.

Good job in repeatedly missing the fucking point. It's got nothing to do with whether you're in sights mode or not, and I'm sure you are fortunate enough to not experience the issue at hand.

So please, shut up, you're not doing anything for anyone.

On the contrary it sounds like Farout is aiming with the reticule expecting to be as accurate as rambo. This is what we are tring to establish.

I would like to have nice smooth mouse control too.

Even AA3 has better mouse movement than arma 2 .

Sorry but this feel like a ported game with inaccurate aiming / sloppy control .

On the contrary it sounds like Farout is aiming with the reticule expecting to be as accurate as rambo. This is what we are tring to establish.

The problem is not at all about using ironsight or not. (btw, again, there is NO shooting from the hip in ArmA)

The problem is mouse lagging in-game too long after actual physical mouse movement has been made, this happening in ironsight or not. When this happen, you don't know exactly where your sight will end up because it won't stop when you stop your mouse and it will continue to move a bit, "a bit" being too random to master the aiming point accurately.

Stop trying to drag the thread in unrelated directions

Why all the negative feedback from people? Just because people love the game does not mean they have to jump in to defend it on the forums like its their girlfriend! There are going to be some legitimate issues with ANY game so get over it and don't take people's complaints so personal.

The issue IS that there is a delay in the mouse movement while in game and it is a fact. It has nothing to do with gun weight, floaty movement or people wanting it to be more accurate. No matter weather I am looking through my site or just moving around... when ever I make a move with my mouse, it takes like a second for it to react.

There is simply a delay in the mouse movements and it makes it impossible to aim... especially at moving targets... by the time you correct and then try to compensate for the delay, the target has moved. Again, this is not a complaint about firing accuracy because if I can't even put the cross-hairs on a moving target then I haven't even gotten the chance to pull the damn trigger yet. This needs to be addressed as a priority issue!

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and would love to also be able to play it once this is fixed.

No other game I have ever played has as much or any mouse delay.

Ernie D.

Edited by ErnieD

Make a demomission, make a video were people exactly see and can reproduce this issue. Maybe it helps if there is a comparable OFP/ArmA mission+video.

Btw did you try to change the speed in your mouse driver settings?

Think of fixing stuff and how much is "a bit"? ;)

Guys, not for nothing but why is everyone giving the original poster such a hard time? He was just stating his honest opinion which I happen to agree with. I just purchased ARMA2 4 days ago and honestly the mouse lag issue is the first thing that I noticed initially on the game. I absolutely love the game, and other than turning off post processing to eliminate that annoying blur, I have not had any other blunder fix requests for it.

Basically there is a time delay, which I know what he is talking about. There is always a time delay in almost every game, some much better then others. But when your brain can actually notice the sensation of delay from brain to hand to screen, that means the game is much worse than others with mouse lag. I notice it tremendously in ARMA2 and it can be a PITA sometimes. You can compare it to using your operating system with a USB wired gaming mouse vs. a really cheap wireless "over the air" mouse. As some other members pointed out in this thread it also has a keyboard to screen delay that is worse than other games. I think this definitely can be fixed by the developers.

PS - My game runs beautiful at 1280 X 720 res with Very High settings on everything except for post processing.

Intel Core i7-920 D0 processor @ 4.85 GHz

Cooling is a custom phase change compressor by RUNMC over at XS. -42*C load temps

Corsair Dominator GT 2000 mhz CAS 7 ram, 6GB

Sapphire 4870X2 clocked at 830 core 1040 mem

Asus P6T Deluxe Motherboard

Intel X25-M 80GB Solid State Drive

Regards,

Dom

Edited by dominick32

I don't know about when the rest of you actually experiencing this problem, but for all the people who don't have/understand the problem, I get this problem ANY time I look around. It doesn't matter whether I'm holding ALT and free looking from a vehicle, when running, when aiming "from the hip", when aiming through the sights, when standing still and free looking. It simply doesn't matter - it's always present. :eek:

Also in case the devs are interested, the input lag gets worse when I alt-tab out of the game, then return to it. I also notice that there will be almost no input lag, but upon changing the video memory setting it is very noticeable. It doesn't matter what I change it to, from the point of changing it on, it is always there. (Until I restart the game.) :yay:

Make a demomission, make a video were people exactly see and can reproduce this issue. Maybe it helps if there is a comparable OFP/ArmA mission+video.

Btw did you try to change the speed in your mouse driver settings?

Think of fixing stuff and how much is "a bit"? ;)

Yes, we do think about these kind of things, and try to actually report & help, tyvm :

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2376

People are not just seeing a problem and come here crying (well, some do ;) )

the measure of mouse-lag is quite difficult to assess :(

...I also notice that there will be almost no input lag, but upon changing the video memory setting it is very noticeable. It doesn't matter what I change it to, from the point of changing it on, it is always there. (Until I restart the game.) :yay:

yep i've noticed it too. it also depends on resolution - the higher resolution, the greater lag. on 1280/1024 the lag is minimal but still noticable and annoying.

Edited by funkee

ridiculous post, noone cares about your ranking omg. and no to your petition, ths is not a CS clone or anything like that, its a realistic tactical game. go back to BF2 pls.

noone cares about ... your petition, this is not a CS clone or anything like that, its a realistic tactical game. go back to BF2 pls.
I care. and if u have nothing constructive to say then shut up please. CS and BF2 may be also tactical (like every FPS game). Edited by funkee

ridiculous post, noone cares about your ranking omg. and no to your petition, ths is not a CS clone or anything like that, its a realistic tactical game. go back to BF2 pls.

mouse lag is unrealistic.

Zero inertia is UNREALISTIC.

What does that have to do with the topic?

You people do know that each weapon has a specific value for it's movement speed right? Right? Hello?

All weapons have simulated weight in the game... it's called dexterity in the config values.

That could also be what some of you are seeing and calling lag.

Right.. :)

Looked to me like that guy fixed it by adjusting something?