Sign in to follow this  
Farout

Petition for mouse fix ~!

I haven't played the game or demo yet, but this mouse "lag" issue seems to be pretty big. However, there seems to be numerous things for what this "lag" represents.

If by this mouse "lag" people mean a sort of heavy feeling to mouse aim, I can understand it, giving that this game is supposed to be more of a simulator than an arcade game, and would still be looking very much forward to playing it in the future.

But if by this mouse "lag" people are referring to input lag, this would be a bug and must be fixed. If BIS were to acknowledge it and state no fix is on the way, that would be a shame.

Now, to be clear, which mouse "lag" is this thread referring to?

A: Heavy mouse aim

B:

If it was heavy mouse aim i wouldnt care..just turn the dpi up a tad if you hate it, but i use low sens anyway from cs...

its the input lag..how far you move your mouse onthe mousepad should track the same in the game...its just how you calibrate it, some like the movement to be faster than others...

BUT... WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THE HELL THE RETICULE IS GOING TO END UP, THAT'S JUST STUPID AND UNCALLED FOR AND MUST BE FIXED

everyone opposed..lol i'm sorry but you're not too bright and honestly should be gaming because what I see now isnt gaming..its coders being lazy and not finishing the game.

Make it an option and fix it...

Edited by Farout

If it was heavy mouse aim i wouldnt care..just turn the dpi up a tad if you hate it, but i use low sens anyway from cs...

its the input lag..how far you move your mouse onthe mousepad should track the same in the game...its just how you calibrate it, some like the movement to be faster than others...

BUT... WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THE HELL THE RETICULE IS GOING TO END UP, THAT'S JUST STUPID AND UNCALLED FOR AND MUST BE FIXED

everyone opposed..lol i'm sorry but you're not too bright and honestly should be gaming because what I see now isnt gaming..its coders being lazy and not finishing the game.

Make it an option and fix it...

Can you explain without "yelling" what lag are you referring to? Are you experimenting the same issue as that video I posted above? If you aren't, please expand a bit, maybe even add some screenshots or videos, of what your particular issue is.

He said its is the input lag already, and i agree with him on this matter, its a problem since ARMA1 day and the problem isnt FPS related, 20 FPS or 50 FPS wont make any difference(mean its still noticable when FPS are 60)

Edited by 4 IN 1

He said its is the input lag already, and i agree with him on this matter

When i set video settings too high i get slow mouse response, also going from iron sight, acog etc and back to normal view is laggy, but when i lower video settings the mouse response is fine!

I got a very up-to-date computer but i can't max everything out, people should have in mind that it takes a monster to do that!

Edited by JW Custom

When i set video settings too high i get slow mouse response, also going from iron sight, acog etc and back to normal view is laggy, but when i lower video settings the mouse response is fine!

When I rise my viewdistance to 10 000m mouse response is better than at 500m even though framerates are only a fraction of that.

When I rise my viewdistance to 10 000m mouse response is better than at 500m even though framerates are only a fraction of that.

yeah but there's other options then that, for me the option that really makes my mouse lag is the 3D Resolution option.

I get no difference what-so-ever with Viewdistance, highest or lowest!

Running with pretty much every option at max. The issue with the mouse doesnt seem like coded mouse acceleration like in Bioshock or Fallout, nor does it seem related to hardware. With current system the weapons feel "heavy", wheter its intentional or not. Considering this is more of a simulator than a straight shooter like CS, i personally dont care if its looked at or not. Assault rifles do feel heavy, zooming through the sights does take time and when you swing the weapon around you cant stop it presicely where you want it because of the inertia. Why should this be any different in a war simulator?

But if the eSportsters cant handle it, an option to toggle it off would be nice.

I too was having a problem with the aiming, but since I toned down the graphics to almost the minimum and switched my player into third person mode, the game feels so much more fluid to me now. I used to never feel comfortable with any third person view,..but for some reason, I love it on this game,..it even helps me move around alot better, getting rid of that clunky feel when I'm in first person mode. A few days ago I would have signed that petition, but not now,..in my humble opinion the game is fine the way it is,..the realism is there, and that's what I wanted, I'm happy with it.

I dont realy have an issue with this, i notice minor lag betwen mouse and gun movement, but it realy doesent bother me since the guy aint bunny hopping, side strafing and hip headshoting me...

I agree with the above prster the game feels like it was designed to be played from 3rd person, I only switch to first person for using IS.

For some reason the game just feels right player from 3rd person.

I would be happy if the mouse movement were smoother.

Sorry for my bad english :o

What is the limit at which you see the mouselag disappear?

EDIT : nvm, seen your Troubleshooting post

Edited by whisper

Well this is how the lag is. Im sure at least 80 to 90% of us have played BF2 here. Take this as an example, right now I have a Logitech G9 laser mouse and its dead on, but say you were in Armor in BF2 and your using a not so good mouse and you spin the turret. As your aimpoint is set in one area your turret is still trying to catch up. Now while this may be ok and maybe realistic it isnt for say a human carrying a gun. You at least can get down range to a target with little or no effort you may or may not hit but at least you dont get that ok catch up to where im looking feeling. And this game is horrible with that...

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

QUOTE FOR TRUTH.

you and hundreds upon hundreds of others, its not just these forums they're complaining its all over the net lol...arma2 needs to step up and give us the option to turn it off cuz this game looks fun as hell but as of now. That shit is just annoying.

Agreed, The jets are waaaay to pitchy in this game, while I think the helo's are pretty cool. I have pretty much just done the helo training as its the only part of this game that doesn't seem to lag. So far this game has been a complete waste of money and almost feel stupid for have waited so long to get it. But I suppose I should have been smarter since the real game and the demo aren't that different!!! Yup would be nice if they finally stepped up, but they wont. Even though these are "THEIR" official support forums i'm still yet to see an actual admin roger up... SLACKERS!

What is this... mouse lag you are speaking of? I do not understand.

I am probably lucky.

My cursor reacts fine to movement and it's very precise. There is a weight or inertia effect going on but that's expected and, to be honest, it works!

There is a sort of rebound thing going on which is perfectly understandable since you are carrying and pointing heavy pieces of metal around.

Unless you play a robot. Robots don't give a shit.

Haha this guy is hilarious, the ultimate bedroom vietnam vet. Who actually cares what clans he was in? I was in one as well so good on you.

...and this is not god damn BF2 so stop compare them as they are NOT comparable at all!

...and this is not god damn BF2 so stop compare them as they are NOT comparable at all!

Yeah, I was on to him when he said "In competitive gaming you need to be able to hit those split second flicks using muscle memory"

Split second flicks? Muscle memory? Damn, this is Arma2, man! Get your shit straight soldier.

This is WAR, not competitive gaming!

I think the best way to understand the problem is to make the double mouse pointer bug appear and see the difference between OFP and ARMA

In OFP the pointer in game is synchronized with the pointer in window

In ARMA and ARMA2 the mouse pointer feels more like the windows pointer are draging the ingame pointer around the screen using a rubber bend

Edited by 4 IN 1

Yeah fix the mouse movements, or at least make "normal" mouse movements optional for us who can't stand the very unnatural and robotic movements in this game. It's such a waste since the game is great otherwise.

The challange of the game shouldnt be to struggle with the robotic movements, i know that normal "free floating" (or whatever we should call it) is far from realistic, but at least it isnt _annoying_.

You'd get a ton of more buyers and fans just by fixing this issue.

VOTE: NO

Its not meant to play like a shooter like BF, COD or whatever kinda game.

It's a realistic shooter, and it's supposed to be realistic, not accurate as h3LL.

I'fe u don't like it, revert to CS, COD, of BF

+1

tip to those shooting from the hip. try the ironsights.

There's no shooting from the hip in ArmA. You're shooting from your shoulder even in crosshair mode. Reflexive shooting. If I'm not mistaken, it's a drill in the army :)

+1

tip to those shooting from the hip. try the ironsights.

Well my case when IN iron sights it seems to drag on when trying to aim. Like I stated before while on the firing range in the boot camp during the qualification test while sited in wherever I point it seems that the gun (sited dot) struggles to keep up to where I am aiming. And I only compared that to BF2 in armor with a shitty ass mouse. Now if I turn my DPI setting all the way down so its slow as hell then it someone what keeps up. In no way am I looking for oh my god accuracy from the hip, but still cant hit the targets down range. As I try to aim, the game catches up and by the time I site in the target is either on its way down or down fully already.

I experience some kind of mouse lag in A2 demo as well, I thought it was because of my shitty system. I do get decent FPS though(around 28 in the benchmark I think, which is more than I usually had in A1) so I don't know.

I didn't experience this in A1 and I can't say I think it adds anything to the game except frustration. Being encumbered by heavy equipment is one thing, experiencing something that to a big degree reminds of lag is another.

And no, I'm no twitcher, I just found the aiming in A1 to be much smoother, aiming down the sights or not.

There's no shooting from the hip in ArmA. You're shooting from your shoulder even in crosshair mode. Reflexive shooting. If I'm not mistaken, it's a drill in the army :)

true. hip was wrong word. but my point is for people to use their iron sights and scopes for accurate shooting.

You do know this is Military Simulation and not a First Person Shooter?
I loled here :)
VOTE: NO

Its not meant to play like a shooter like BF, COD or whatever kinda game.

It's a realistic shooter, and it's supposed to be realistic, not accurate as h3LL.

I'fe u don't like it, revert to CS, COD, of BF

well, this is the most stupid post I've read on this thread. zooming without scope and acquiring the target with one button is realistic to you? looks like some of you guys don't understand this guy and his problem. he is probly having the mouse lag bug that is discussed here: link Edited by funkee