Sign in to follow this  
MasterGunner309

M242 Tracer

Small point, but on the LAV-25, every round of the 25MM ammuntion is tracer. Not a 4-1 mix like most small arms.

Just thought I would throw that out there hoping that it would get picked up in a patch somewhere.

Thanks for a great sim

arma 2 is a world that has been pulled over your eyes to hide you from the truth

Is that you Morpheus?

arma 2 is a world that has been pulled over your eyes to hide you from the truth

Do you mean 'hide the truth from you' perhaps?

I think every 25mm is a tracer...in the navy we had a 25mil (which is the same gun as on the LAV),and when they fired it every round was a tracer. I think it's because it's such a slow rate-of-fire weapon, and such a big caliber that they make every round easy to see

According to Wikipedia the LAV-25 uses M791 APDS-T( Armour Piercing Discarding Sabot-Tracer) and M792 HEI-T (High Explosive Incendiary-Tracer). So it seems the ammo types use tracer.

as was said, its supposed to b that way, slow rate, tracer every round, can spot the rounds easy, also for supporting infantry to see wot the LAV is engaging

Roger. The M242 dispersion (.5 mil) equates to about 1 meter off the center of aim at 1000m and 2m at 2000m. Tracer burn out for M791 and M792 is around 2000m. The tracers just help the crew make direct fire adjustments.

Now about the slow rate....200 rounds per minute +/- 25 rpm isn't too shabby, especially if you are talking about a M791 APDS-T with a muzzle velocity of 1,345 meters per second

Can you tell i love the M242.....

Again, I hope that its a quick fix and someone at BI will notice it and make the implementation

fig1-86.gif

.5 mil is in relation to the ISU gun reticle. The aiming circle in the gunners primary sight and the commanders sight extension is 1mil in diameter. At 1000 meters the dispersion of the round will fit inside the aiming circle.

But I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing either. What i do know is that the M242 Bushmaster with a ribbed barrel is rated at .5 mil dispersion and if you shoot 100 rounds at a 1000 meter target, no two rounds will be more than a meter apart from one another.

Edited by Master Gunner

I think maybe we're talking about radius vs. diameter. I didn't understand when I first read you that you meant distance from centre, rather than overall grouping diameter.

Roger. The M242 dispersion (.5 mil) equates to about 1 meter off the center of aim at 1000m and 2m at 2000m. Tracer burn out for M791 and M792 is around 2000m. The tracers just help the crew make direct fire adjustments.

Now about the slow rate....200 rounds per minute +/- 25 rpm isn't too shabby, especially if you are talking about a M791 APDS-T with a muzzle velocity of 1,345 meters per second

Can you tell i love the M242.....

Again, I hope that its a quick fix and someone at BI will notice it and make the implementation

ah I misunderstood...I thought you asking why every round was a tracer; I haven't played with the bushmaster yet so I assumed it was already like this in the game. Shame too because Arma had this...don't know why A2 doesn't