Sign in to follow this  
roadrunner20

Realism, arma 2,

The point is that the same could have been said of the OFPDR E3 preview (easier difficulty, etc). None of you did, however.

1) check my posts, you'll never see me diss OFP-DR (the game, not their marketing crew which I despise)

2) As far as I've seen what is laughed at here is not the game itself, it's the dev's comment coming with the show. Was the dev set up on easy-mode himself too?

3) you keep pushing your nice vid in every thread you can without ever relating it to the OFP-DR E3 video to make your point. Ie, you don't do this in response to the naysayers of OFP-DR, you do it in general just to shoot down ArmA2.

The point is that the same could have been said of the OFPDR E3 preview (easier difficulty, etc). None of you did, however.

The point is DIFFERENT difficulty options are tuned to please DIFFERENT kind of players. At least so happens IMHO for well thought games.

About OFP: DR: it's a bit off-topic here i think, when it will out then we will eventually judge, what's the point of speculating about it? Also didn't you learn not to care about press releases ?

Edited by fabrizio_T

I read on the DR forums that changing the difficulty only affects the amount of stuff on the HUD.

More than one? Yeah, FOUR.

BTW the ridiculous healing system is there on all difficulty levels.

Oh look mate a sniper rifle blew your leg off. Come here I'll wave my hands around and you'll be as new in jiffy!

I guess you are the kind of guy wouldn't even play a simple yet tactical game like Risiko! asserting it's unrealistic to play with such little plastic tanks.

Fine.

I bet you'are probably not the kind of guy this *game* was thought for, maybe you'd better join the army (if you have the age) and see whether it's realistic enough for you ;)

* Joking, no pun intended *

Some guys always forget that it's just a game ... :rolleyes: Fine, let's play multiplayer with no respawn on ultra hardcore mode at coop evenings. The first who dies can dismiss from the server because he's dead and isn't allow to play anymore ... well ... because he's dead. That's reality ... you won't get a second chance in reality too. Noticed something? ;)

Oh god dvolk, you whine more than a siren on a firetruck.

More than one? Yeah, FOUR.

BTW the ridiculous healing system is there on all difficulty levels.

Oh look mate a sniper rifle blew your leg off. Come here I'll wave my hands around and you'll be as new in jiffy!

Why are you even still here? Face it, you will never be happy with this game. I have you on ignore and I still cannot escape from your ranting. Go away or come clean about why you are really trying to piss over everything about this game. I still say you're a shill.

You can survive 3 headshots in ArmA 2 and there's magickal healing, and you're complaining about unrealistic sights?

The user that posted the video is an idiot. He removed my comment, and apparently he only have a youtube account to troll against ArmA 2.

He (and you) are apparently both playing on Recruit. I can only reproduce what he's doing in the video if I play on Recruit.

If you aren't playing on Expert, don't brag about realism.

Well sorry guys but I'm just not seeing much improvement over OFP.

At least in OFP trees weren't made out of paper.

and there was no Warfare in single player where people/tanks/airplanes spawn out of thin air.

and the campaign wasn't scripted so you died if you went out of a certain area, nor did your commander instantly know what you did across the map.

in OFP your squad members weren't special snowflakes...

AI didn't see through grass (;))

Headshots were always lethal.

I could go on forever.

ArmA: Nice graphics, improved helicopter handling, but bad everything else.

Well sorry guys but I'm just not seeing much improvement over OFP.

and there was no Warfare in single player where people/tanks/airplanes spawn out of thin air.

and the campaign wasn't scripted so you died if you went out of a certain area, nor did your commander instantly know what you did across the map.

I could go on forever.

There wasn't any grass in OFP if i recall correctly ...

However, what stops you from go play OFP?

Edited by fabrizio_T

There wasn't any grass in OFP if i recall correctly

Well if there wasn't any grass then the AI certainly didn't see through it eh? (you need to know some mathematical logic to appreciate that joke :))

Well if there wasn't any grass then the AI certainly didn't see through it eh? (you need to know some mathematical logic to appreciate that joke :))

That's not "mathematical logic", that's just plain nonsense to me.

Regards.

You're kidding, right? :rolleyes: Even houses were made of paper in OFP.

Right, I don't like it either ... well doesn't matter for me anyway.

Never took a look into the mission, didn't you? ;)

If you had one ... I remember only few missions of the campaign had teams with the player as a commander.

Very funny ... I guess you never tried to crouching through the grass to get in handgrenade range for some AI in safe-mode :rolleyes: It's working.

As always it's depending on the skill level set by the player. But I remember even in recruit settings the player died easily. So maybe you're right.

I could go on forever.

Please don't, it's not really fun to talk with somebody who is so hard-minded.

Never played with grouplink missions, I see.

Yes, in OFP, what was cool is that trees were stopping full speed tanks dead on, that was so great, compared to puny ArmA which irreallistcly make them.... fall, the horror!

Yes, in OFP the AI was just great, they never run one after the other, in the middle of road, awaiting certain death by the camping player

Yes, in OFP, the ultraArmor setting certainly didn't change the damage behavior, certainly not!

Yes, in OFP, the very best thing was that on disconnection, we could never rejoin a running game. That was greatness incarnated!!

Yes, in OFP, the recoil were far better, we all know all weapons have ONLY vertical kickback and ALWAYS come back to the exact original point you were aiming

Yes, in OFP, bullets were totally penetrating wood fences

Yes, in OFP, the ballistic was that awesome that there was none of these unreallistic ricochets

Leaning? Unreal! Why? Do it the OFP way!

Shall I go on and on?

That's not "mathematical logic", that's just plain nonsense to me.

Regards.

Now why would I lie to you ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuously_true

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

whisper: you're missing the point, probably because I stated it badly. OFP is 8 years old. I played it in the beginning of high school.

I grew up.

OFP didn't. :(

Ok, people moaning, go look at the mod content for A1..Then, think about how BIS have accelerated the patching process for A2..Once you've done that you'd realise we've got one hell of a good time to look forward to. So please, A2 realistic..?

A2 Doesn't have....

Noob Cannons...95% of FPS's have something like this..

Nadespam...Red Ochestra, Danzig @ dock ;)

Artyspam...BF2,3,4,5......:) (Just guessing on EA's future releases...)

Fixed crosshairs for the short of sight..EVERY other FPS I've played has them.

GAYStats... Thx BF2 !!!! Now I can spend the rest of my life on this pc so I can unlock some pixels :)

Enemy stealing your vehicals....See above

Bunnyhopping...HL2 Engine games mostly

Jumpthenprone like the matrix...Sure afew games have this 'super' feature...

Hmm, I feel alittle better for listing these things however I'll probly get burned soon :)

So yeah, I'd say A2 is realistic compared to other games :)

Edited by Mark XIII
hmmm why not, editing is good :)

...And now dvolk the forum troll managed to fuck up yet another thread luring people in with his BS lol.

I think the OP knows now that addons for more realism like ACE2 and a lot of individual addons by talented community members will come and make it more up his and many more peoples alley (like myself for example). Bottom line: It will get better. ;)

Placebo where are you man.

I grew up.

Your behaviour on these forums would indicate otherwise.

As I said in the latest infraction, one more and you'll get +2 taking you over the edge to a permanent ban, this is your final chance to decide if you want to start acting like someone who cares to belong in this community.

Now why would I lie to you ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuously_true

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

whisper: you're missing the point, probably because I stated it badly. OFP is 8 years old. I played it in the beginning of high school.

I grew up.

OFP didn't. :(

I pointed to you out of my head (meaning I missed most of the changes) how OFP evolved.

I have a feeling there will be alot of peoples making new accounts here in afew months when things improve. Its a shame so many people share there hatred here for something a month old without good arguement.

This is not OFP nor Arma nor PR or BF2 matured....Comparisons Pah!

Compare stuff released the around the same date at least, comparing anything else that involves advancing technology vs older is stupid.

I pointed to you out of my head (meaning I missed most of the changes) how OFP evolved.

You make some good points, but the trees I disagree with.

Trees are very solid things and can shrug off a truck crashing into them that destroys the truck. In ArmA 2 it's like trees aren't even there.

Of course deep down we all know BIS made it like that because the AI can't drive.

Of course deep down we all know BIS made it like that because the AI can't drive.

As far as I remember, it was players who asked that whole forests could have destructible trees instead of only the few isolated ones like in OFP (the edge of forests and isolated trees were falling down, trees inside forest were not). BI just listened to their community there. Nothing related to AI driving

I think most people bashing this game are just upset that they can't just run and gun through maps, and at times have to work to use the shiny pieces of equipment. A monkey with a stick can play run and gun mode.

I generally stay away from games like this due to the lack of realism, shoddy graphics and piss poor performance issues. My standards of a good game are pretty high.

Although there's a few realism issues here and there, nothing worth not playing, absolutely not. At times there's a bit of lag, but I don't see people warping all over or continuous crashes etc etc.

This game here is nothing like any others out there imo. It has set the standards for the next gen of these games and to me, has finally advanced the gaming world. All the other games that are coming out are poorly done, unfinished and rushed to release to please some sponsor out there.

You don't like this game, take your monkey stick back to CoD or something.

Headshots:

Arma2 - Headshots are basically always fatal, except in very special circumstances, i.e. easy difficulty, alternate wounding system (which is more forgiving anyway) and only by some silenced weapons.

OFP2 - Judging by the E3 footage, even a rifle (AK?) shot to the head at close range isn't deadly (presumably on easy). This is accentuated by the fact that there is a wound indicator in the GUI of which the head can turn red. In other words, headshots not being fatal is normal, at least on some difficulty settings.

Healing:

Arma2 - An animation is played that represents certain actions, for example bandaging of different body parts, application of medication etc.

OFP2 - You hold a medkit in your hands and wait a few seconds.

:rolleyes: