Sign in to follow this  
armagettinaheadache

Arma way over scripted!

First off, I loved OFP and arma and couldnt wait for this game.

After spending 8 hours on manhattan not being able to complete I had to use a cheat to get past it,whatever no big deal,so i move on to the next.Bitter Chill.Arma guys why give us choices (option 1. heli pick up. option 2. no heli pick up) when only 1 works.I spent 4 hours trying to get back to the base getting randomly blown up by cheap scripting triggers.Im taking this game on 4th of July,strapping it to a rocket and birddy saluting it while I send it on its way.:yay:And you guys were gonna make for the 360 too!Roflmao.good luck!

Cant wait for OFP Dragon Rising.

You are obviously not listening to what you're being told to do in the mission.

Ok, so you meet up with the NAPA guys at the base after it's been destroyed by Russians and Chedaki. When you go through the conversation with them, you get the option to deny helicopter transport or allow it. If you deny it, you're to follow the NAPA soldiers to a car which takes you to just outside Novy Sobor and has to stop due to Chedaki forces seeing him. From there you can choose to go to the CDF base or NAPA camp the driver was originally taking you to.

Or, if you go in the helicopter, it gets shot down and you have to then decide to get to the CDF or NAPA base once more.

It's worked perfectly well for me every time I've played it, and I've played through the campaign maybe 4 times now. And to be honest, after 4 playthroughs, I haven't encountered any bugs. :confused:

No he's right. It's scripted poorly and very predictably. It was so obvious the helo would get shot down. The campaign is full of bugs and just not that good I'm afraid.

You are obviously not listening to what you're being told to do in the mission.

Ok, so you meet up with the NAPA guys at the base after it's been destroyed by Russians and Chedaki. When you go through the conversation with them, you get the option to deny helicopter transport or allow it. If you deny it, you're to follow the NAPA soldiers to a car which takes you to just outside Novy Sobor and has to stop due to Chedaki forces seeing him. From there you can choose to go to the CDF base or NAPA camp the driver was originally taking you to.

Or, if you go in the helicopter, it gets shot down and you have to then decide to get to the CDF or NAPA base once more.

Actually that is not correct, you only get the option to follow the NAPA guys to a car if you didn't report the weapons. If you reported the weapons you only have one way to finish the mission which is to call in the chopper - however you are still given the option not to call it which has no conclusion other than to fail - usually through boredom and or frustration. BIS have given us an option that is simply not possible to finish and yet expect us to know this? It's called poor mission design.

I'm pleased that Zipper5 has encountered zero problems in his game, that is encouraging that on some level the game works as intended, however for many of us we are confronted with endless bugs and failed trigger which means we have to constantly revert or use work arounds which is not what I paid my money for.

All that said it really is a great piece of software and in time will have the polish we are looking for.

Edited by Urbanski

calling the chopper also works only when you stay at manhattan!

when i got the option i was already 1km away, in the middle of dense forests. i can tell you, the chopper wont land...

giving a dead end option is not that bad, but not informing the player that a script killed him since this option is a dead end is cruel. ive been trying for hours.

driving half an hour through woods, only to get killed by a script at the end, and repeating this over and over again is a real pain.

It's worked perfectly well for me every time I've played it, and I've played through the campaign maybe 4 times now. And to be honest, after 4 playthroughs, I haven't encountered any bugs. :confused:

Zipper5, if you don’t mind me asking, what spec's are you playing this with, including patches??

I have had problem after problem, constant crashes, bugs, script problems, I can play crysis almost fully turned up, COD4/5 on full whack, but Arma2, is on the lowest settings, and barley runs, lol.

I’m not joking when I say this game is hard work, I’m about whacked out and ready for some R&R.

I’m not comparing arma2 to any other games, which would be pointless, and I know how hard it is to write or code a game, but at the end of the day, with so many technical problems, the game is losing it’s appeal. I really need to look at getting a newer system, lol.

so, what about that shots and script kills? i want to go in USA position. it only 1500 to USA point, but if i step close i hear the shots and cooper is dead. so, have u any ideas how to fool this script and get to USA position in ЭлектрозаводÑк?

It really doesn't seem that bad to me. Some glitches here and there but overall it is ok. Nothing a patch or five won't fix.