Sign in to follow this  
evlbond

Badlands - squad has no ammo

Would somone be so kind and explain how i give my team ammo? Cant figure it out :(

I was able to switch member of team in earlier missions that doesnt work now so cant do it myself, also when request help for rearm it just gives me some no voice.bin error.

Edited by evlbond

Yea I want to know how to buy them weapons without having to drop mine first and buy them so that I don’t lose my gun.

You can still buy ammo in the mission, but the whole warfare/buying thing isn't the sort of the concept I would want as part of a single player campagin.

The mission bugs also are really an undesirable factor that the detract from the enjoyment experienced in the earlier missions.

I'm going to wait for the upcoming patches to address Badland's problems, in the meantime I'm having heaps of fun in the editor. :)

I'm at the same point and having the same problem, so if anybody has an answer it would be much appreciated.

You can still buy ammo in the mission, but the whole warfare/buying thing isn't the sort of the concept I would want as part of a single player campagin.

The mission bugs also are really an undesirable factor that the detract from the enjoyment experienced in the earlier missions.

I'm going to wait for the upcoming patches to address Badland's problems, in the meantime I'm having heaps of fun in the editor. :)

Even if you exclude the buying concept the enemy soldiers you kill carry plenty. I can easily loot them for myself taking whatever weapon complete with ammo, but how do i give that to my team is what i want to know.

Its a little dissapointing that such a small thing is so difficult.

Getting quite frustrated now. Such a simple thing is beyond me and it's quickly draining my desire to play. I'm not ready for MP yet (which apparently doesn't really work anyway) so I'm relying on this SP campaign. Needs fixed quickly.

Oh, and the supply trucks constantly driving in circles and trying to flatten my squad is wearing incredibly thin too.

Edited by Fabregas

Getting quite frustrated now. Such a simple thing is beyond me and it's quickly draining my desire to play. I'm not ready for MP yet (which apparently doesn't really work anyway) so I'm relying on this SP campaign. Needs fixed quickly.

Oh, and the supply trucks constantly driving in circles and trying to flatten my squad is wearing incredibly thin too.

Does team switch "pressing T" work for you now? i know it did in first few missions but i never needed it and now i do it doesnt work.

I get other bugs also like not being able to move, team running in circles, team getting stuck on vehicles when walking bast them etc..

Oh forgot one, killing same enamy twice as he got up after i killed him :P

I read earlier that it's the feature allowing you to control the other members of your squad is removed by the stage the badlands mission comes about. I seriously hope there is an easy way of rearming my squad that I've overlooked.

Heh i just tried 1 game MP got in chopper then the pilot flew it into the ground....i quit straight away lol.

You can re-arm your squad mates by looting dead soldiers. Just select the ammo less squad mate and tell him to "gear" the dead soldier. Can't remember if it is automatic or if you have to open the action (6) menu.

As soon as your squad mate reaches the dead man the same old "gear" screen comes up and you can choose what you want to take.

Regarding the mission Badlands. This has got to be the most crappy ass mission in the game.

What's the point of having the commander role when you can't have the other squads attack someone?

The only available option is a move order and that is going to get them killed sooner rather then later.

I don’t seem to get that gear option which I thought at the time was wearied I a remembered it from arma (or previous level).

Can you get this gear screen with buying weapons as when I select a unit then do the action menu and tell them to buy weapons my gear selection comes up not theirs.

I don't know how it works with the buying. Never tried it.

For the "Gear" option to be available you have to position your squad mate near the dead soldier and press 6 to get the action menu. Most of the time the "gear" option is not on the first screen and you have to press 0 to get to the second screen.

At times you get the option to pick up weapons (and drop the old one) with the action menu but you have no way of knowing how far your squad mate will run away.

What you do is get a vehicle near your HQ then go behind and choose "gear". Drop your weapons and whatnot into that vehicle then buy whatever weapons you want to give to your soldiers. Take those weapons and put them into the vehicle and once you have all the weapons in the vehicle take you weapons out. Then position your soldiers near the back of that vehicle then do "Action" -> "gear" and you should have access to all the weapons you put in that vehicle. If "gear" doesn't come up then that soldier might not be close enough.

Hahaha so simple... :p

I made the choice to rearm my mates with russian ammos because every thing else was not possible. Ok thx hyperact for this tips.

NOTE: When we just take a town or a strongpoint, in the action menu we can select something like "rearm + heal + repair" ... but nothing seems to happen. What this action is supposed to do ?

Hey,

I have been stuck in the badllands misson and would like to know how to buy weapons? or ammo.

how do I open the buying interface?

I did the tutorials but did not get any wiser..

please explain if you can in the most basic step by step manner how do i buy weapons ????

I assume it is all probabily quit obvious but i have not figured it out..

thanx in advance

Hey,

I have been stuck in the badllands misson and would like to know how to buy weapons? or ammo.

how do I open the buying interface?

I did the tutorials but did not get any wiser..

please explain if you can in the most basic step by step manner how do i buy weapons ????

I assume it is all probabily quit obvious but i have not figured it out..

thanx in advance

In an captured town or strongpoint, the action menu (roll the mouse wheel ) let appear some new menus. You can buy weapons, but only for you. Then, have a look to the previous thread of hyperact to have a tip how to transfer your ammos to your mates

In an captured town or strongpoint, the action menu (roll the mouse wheel ) let appear some new menus. You can buy weapons, but only for you. Then, have a look to the previous thread of hyperact to have a tip how to transfer your ammos to your mates

a thank you. I will try it later.