Sign in to follow this  
Funko

Please end evo and dom

The OP can complain that Evo and Dom are not good for the community, but the sheer number of people playing them would appear to tell a different story.

Yeah I don't agree with that logic, on the demo there was a PVP Team Deathmatch mode that I've had the most fun with so far, but haven't been able to find a populated server with something like that in the full version.

can i just say our server have all the missions that are out we do have evo/do but we do not play them very much, as we like our coop game better feel feel to jump on our server anytime. here the ip it base in the uk and it our public server

b_560x95.png

Personally really like both Domination and Mission based games hence the reason we run two public servers running the different types.

But the whole gameplay is determined by the players on the servers willing to help those that want to learn and helped by good admining to get rid of those that want to play fool.

Remember if you don't like a mission type you have two choices, play elsewhere or start hosting a server with the missions/gametypes that you like.

Those that host the servers make the decision on what they host based on what they themselves or the clan/squad want to play since they pay for them.

Hello there,

My preference for missions is no spawn/"expert" type missions, but I do enjoy Domination alot (not played Evo for quite some months).

What puts me off Evo and Dom is usually the players. Cant blame that on the mission makers or the hosts. More on the current Arma2 "climate".

There is a definite need for these mission types to exist, but perhaps not "dominating" the servers quite as much as they do.

But as they so well designed/exevuted missions it's difficult for other missions to compete.

Just my 2 pennie.

rgds

LoK

However, that server I played on doesn't seem to run that mission anymore and instead runs a Domination server that gets populated. I'm almost afraid to join it, due to the terrible experience it offered last time, but I may try it again due to how awesome and tactically focused the [RIP] guys were.

RIP run two server currently, one is a domination server, and one is for other missions (inc longest day). We've been experimenting/switching between running in expert mode so people can enjoy the immersion, and running in normal mode so new players arnt put off. - quite a fine line to walk as you can imagine!

glad you enjoyed it :) hope to see you server side.

I like Evo and Dom! The others just seem to drag out longer although, by my own admission, I dont really know how to play the others :D

Im going back to Project Reality anyway.. yes its old etc but the teamwork on there is so much better imo... please be gentle :P

Edited by adom23

I played alot of Evo and Dom in ArmA... but I prefer other game types now, it would be nice to see more of these other types being played. However, I can see why Evo and Dom are popular as they are Co-op, and ArmA seems well suited to it.

Not all Evo and Dom is that bad!

Sure some of it is horrible, but every now and then, you get these really good, teamwork-minded players, and that makes it worth playing through all the bad missions.

Or, you could join a clan, I know Im like the billionth person to suggest this, but clans make games like Arma, OFP, and Arma 2 worth playing.

Most public Domination games are bad in terms of teamplay and general gameplay. Domination is a massively configurable mission platform, and is extremely well written. I love it for being so replayable and dynamic. The major complaints I have that causes this are not solely Domination based:

* (ArmA) Builtin VoN is usually found too buggy. This means talking (automatically generates teamplay) is often not done on public servers since the teams are using TS instead (incl. ourselves).

* (Admins) They're too lazy to setup Domination properly. There are tons and tons of options, but it's usually the same default game wherever you go.

* (Players) Most players like Domination not only for its replayable dynamic kind of respawn mission, but also because the quick respawn allows them to play like idiots. Hence, a lot of idiots play this mission.

* (Domination) 20 second respawn attracts the wrong players. I set it to 2 minutes and many of these stopped visiting our server.

So, there are many complaints about Domination ruining it, but why are there so little customization of it to improve on this? You can get clearly defined roles (slot selection determines what you get, like in real world) by setting a switch from false to true (haven't checked A2 version yet though), but I have not ever seen this been utilized. Also, those running a public server wants to have people there, and thus they might feel forced to use stupid settings that attracts more (of the stupid kind as well) players.

Stop blaming the missions. Start blaming the server admins for not setting up the missions properly. Domination is designed with this in mind. Sure, Domination and Evolution have some design flaws and issues. But so does every other mission I've tried. And for the respawnable dynamic persistant coop mission lovers, what other alternatives are there?

Not all Evo and Dom is that bad!

Sure some of it is horrible, but every now and then, you get these really good, teamwork-minded players, and that makes it worth playing through all the bad missions.

That's proper coop players joining to see what all the fuss is about. :p

Edited by Hund

BIS could have done what they did with OFP and released 10-15 missions at the game launch instead of being lazy and just throwing random ai into cities and have you go clear them

Im posting this thread to encourage people to stop playing evo and Dom. Evo and dom are a cancer to the arma community. Remember the number of ppl who played ofp. I can remember a community almost 3x as big.

There was no evo or dom in ofp. GOOD coops (black op halo, POW, BAS missions)

CTF- DEADZONE, Dropzone. (ok i was in AWOL so im biased)

DM- SUNSET TEQUILA!!!

CTI - Battlefield 1985 and river battle!!

C&H - starting to see these on arma....hope the numbers grow!

I am partial to DB's maps too, hey Funko!:cool:

[AWOL]DeathBringer is still around... but stuck on WoW.:rolleyes:

- [AWOL]DesertRecon (aka [soF]DesertRecon)

Stupid question:

Where can I get decent Domination and Evolution missions that I can run on my own server?

Antichrist,

You can download domination from its official dev site. http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/domination you can also participate in bugtracking and improvements.

the mission itself is highly customisable. so you can modify it to your own playing style. the nicest modification is to disable the MHQ respawn. This will promote some teamwork.

domination can be as easy or as hard as you wish to make it.

evolution is also in development by [GNC] Lord-MDB at http://www.g-g-c.de/forum/showthread.php?t=10356

and to the original poster - Funko, Its simple. Pay $100 a month for your own server, and develop something other than domination and evolution. or better still, if you dont like it dont play it. Its that simple. seriously i dont see the issue you have with it.

regards./

Edited by your_mum

Every mission is alright out there, there should be more to come from people who doesnt have game and not from existing player group, which is small like 2000on peak time. So request BIS implement more options to A2 making it favor bigger population. Spam email descripting all necessary addition improvement to game engine and then wait when ppl can start to begin pvp.