Sign in to follow this  
Alex72

ARMA2 not installed (try patching)

Trying to install the 120MB (1.02) linked on ARMA2.COM over the 505 english boxed version. But message says: "ARMA2 is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupt". A friend have this problem and cant patch either from v1.1 or v1.02.58064. Reinstalling the game did not work either. That patch doesnt find the gamedir so it seems. Game is installed on "D" drive (like my own and i have no problems).

Thanks guys

Alex

Edited by Alex72

I'd suggest a reinstall. I had the problem that when I tried to put the hotfix on it said patch already installed, so I had to reinstall but that fixed it

No thats not it. He tried reinstall now fresh and when applying the patch it says the same.

"ARMA2 is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupt"

BIS we need help here please.

Alex

Same prob for me...

My version is 1.02.58064 if that can help...

Sorry, I created the same topic :j:

Edited by Mikyjax

Did you buy the game from Amazon like my friend?

He was at that version as well. v1.02.58064 and that version PLUS now he is at v1.1 since he reinstalled ARMA2 it wont patch. Unable to patch with the 120MB patch linked from ARMA2.COM.

We need help quick.

PS. Feels there is something you and my friend is missing... Dont know what it is yet. I told my friend to clean registry and all, but no luck. Game is installed on drive "D" like mine and no go with the patch. Game works perfect. Feels to me the patch cant find the directory of ARMA2. He tried to add the patch file inside the ARMA2 directory as well - no go.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

No I bought it in box... in belgium french version....

I patched to 2.0.58064 when available and now when I saw the new build... i never be able to patch it...

Anyone with ideas? This might not be a problem from BIS, but rather that my mate got the game installed in a way the patch cant find it.

He is Admin (XP Pro), and he has the game on "D" drive (HDD not partition) wich shouldnt be any problems.

But i feel im missing something? Anyone got any tips? Please guys make a small effort to help me. I know its not your problem but this is making me (and even more my friend) crazy. Cause i think its just something we are overlooking.

Thanks

Alex

Ok this is the problem with the patch. Anyone that have patched with the first 1.02 that came out and 1.02 hotfix can not use the 120MB 1.02 that takes them to the latest patch. I dont even know why mixed versions can play together in ARMA2? Will there not be complications?

But BIS you need to do something or everyone need to reinstall the game just to apply the latest patch.

System Requirements:

- ANY ORIGINAL VERSION OF ARMA 2 1.00 or 1.01

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Alex

Yep, that's why I suggested a reinstall. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

I also had a hard fight trying to install the update, but only got the same message. Installed the game at least 4 times, but after a bit of searching the web, and a bit of experimentation here's what I did:

Run/regedit -> LOCAL_HOST/SOFTWARE/Bohemia Interactive Studio/ARMA 2

the register MAIN, in my case had the default path ("C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"), what I did, was set the value to my installed path, which is D:\Games\Arma 2 and the patch installed whithout no problem.

Hope it helps. :)

If the patch can't be told to update the game installed on the D: drive rather than the default C: drive it needs work.

When I install patches I always put them in the installed game directory and execute them there. Not sure if this makes any difference.

erm... I m a little confused^^ I too stupid... My arma2.exe was renamed crysis.exe to get some more fps^^ so the patch didn t found arma2...

Prob is often between the seat and the screen ^^

Sorry guys

Mike

A lot of people have changed the names of the exe.

As did i . Just change it back to original "Arma2" and all should be well.

Thanks for that Darlak, couldn't get patch 1.07 to install; changed the registry entry and it worked fine. Saved a whole lot of hassle.

same problem. "ArmA 2 is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted".

i did a fresh install of the game, and no change. i also checked the registry values, but they are correct.

now what do i do? buy the game from steam? it was bought at sprocketidea in the first place...

**edit: i am running W7 64bit