Sign in to follow this  
TorwaK

Help about server config

Hi folks,

I'm newbee to ARMA-I/II and today I installed our ARMA-II dedicated server however I'm not sure I did everything correct or not. Could you check out my server and tell me is everything alright about config files, mission etc. also share your opinions.

IP: 88.255.192.33

Thanks.

Well it's alive [link]

I could'nt tell you much else without you posting your configs together with your server specification and network details...

Hi, with that server, if you use my example ArmA2.cfg (Quad Core Xeon on a 100Mbit connection) that should be about the right starting point. :)

Yes mate already I used it. However I dont know how to select missions or change it yet. As I told you I'm newbee to ARMA. An example how can I prepare circle missions etc?

Well if you leave the following empty is the server.cfg...

class Missions
{
   class Mission_01   // name for the mission, can be anything
   {
       template = mymission.Chernarus; // omit the .pbo suffix
       difficulty = "Regular";   // difficulty: Recruit,Regular,Veteran,Expert as specified in *.Arma2profile
   };
   class Mission_02
   {
       template = anothermission.Chernarus; 
       difficulty = "Veteran";
   };
};

i.e.

class Missions {};

The first person to connect to the server will be presented with the server's mpmissions list. They/and/or players can then vote for which map they would like to play. If you login as admin the map you select is chosen regardless.

Leaving it as in the first example will put it on rotation.

Great... I followed the first option. By the way how can I connect my server as administrator? Is there some guide on net about admin commands etc?

Great... I followed the first option. By the way how can I connect my server as administrator? Is there some guide on net about admin commands etc?

I don't think you can connect automatically as admin..

But just Type #login password

password = the one you entered for admin in your server.cfg

Yes as easty says. Just to add, you have to be on the gameserver, connected and in-game. There is no remote console application for ArmA2 (just as there wasn't in ArmA)

Once you have done a #login password

do a #missions

that will bring up the mpmission list

Thank you very much guys. How abour making your own mission or finding good one on net?

Answered here

You can also download Xeno's Domination series from Armaholics to get you started.

To make your own MPmissions use ArmA2's bult in editor. It requires quite a bit of learning though but there are plenty of forums that discuss mission making. Try Google.

Edited by [KH]Jman