Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II & OA available from Sprocket, also BAF and PMC DLCs!

I live in the south of France, I received the gift yesterday. Thank you very much :D:cheers:

Northest america, no luck yet :|

Forgot to mention I got mine a few days ago (Saturday?)... One for each copy I ordered too. Thanks!

Just got my map right now. Gotta say, it's pretty awesome! My parent's mistook it for a real map. :p

Thanks BIS! :D

Just in case someone missed the new banner up there, 50% discount on all arma titles on sprocket :D just bought A2:CO at 19.99€ :yay: and the DLC preorder bundle ( which isn't discounted ) thank you BIS :yay:

Just in case someone missed the new banner up there, 50% discount on all arma titles on sprocket :D just bought A2:CO at 19.99€ :yay: and the DLC preorder bundle ( which isn't discounted ) thank you BIS :yay:

There's another sale on Steam too!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/

ArmA 2 Combined Ops: $22.49

British Armed Forces DLC: $4.99

ArmA 2 or OA Standalone: $20 each

go get them :) gift them :) spread the word :) till the offer lasts :)

I'm downloading fish fillet to try the download speed ( i will download the games on my new pc directly ) 680 kb/s stable, i expected worse :yay:

Hi guys new user here.Just purchased Arma 2 Combined Ops from sprocket :yay:. I have received two different keys for arma2 and arma 2 oa. A friend of mine has bought the standalone dvd's of both arma 2 and oa. Can I use the keys provided by sprocket and install the game using his dvd's or do i need to download both the setup files from sprocket.

The reason i am asking this is cause my download speed is about 100kbps:( and it will take me a lot of time to download both arma 2 and oa digitally...

Thx.. and waiting for replies

Edited by katansaber1

You can use your keys with his DVDs, but you will need the DVD to run OA though, as it serves as copy protection.

You can use your keys with his DVDs, but you will need the DVD to run OA though, as it serves as copy protection.

cough....use the beta...cough.. after reinstalling.

@charls and gonk

Thanks for the advice guys...

Well I downloaded the games through Sprocket Idea , Took about 15 hours but both arma 2 and oa are installed and running well.

edit: There is a problem with the arma 2 setup provided by sprocket. It does not create the registry entries for arma 2 so those of you who downloaded arma 2 from sprocket and are unable to patch it, you need to manually enter your path in the registry.

BTW: Arma 2 combined ops is a blast.. to play..:yay:

Those of you who are yet to buy this gem..go ahead to buy it while the offer lasts...

Thank you BIS for developing this game and offering the discount...

I bought the Combined Ops package as well and Sprocket is downloading right now. However, can't quite figure out how far it has come - the 3% completion seems a bit off if it has downloaded almost a quarter of the MBs required :-)

sprocketpct.jpg

Another thing - there is no indication of where the download is stored on my PC - guess I will have to look for it afterwards.....

-OP

Edited by Old_Painless

I just d/l BAF now from the bundle pack with PMC from sprocket(still waiting for PMC)

I own ARMA2 and also OA patched to 1.55

2 questions:

1) Can i just backup the file now by saving the BAF folder in ARMA2 directory to DVD disk and it will work by just draging the folder in the ARMA2 directory should i re-install ARMA2 and OA?

2) Do i need to patch the BAF or is the sprocket PMC BAF bundle already updated?

Edited by vasmkd

I bought the Combined Ops package as well and Sprocket is downloading right now. However, can't quite figure out how far it has come - the 3% completion seems a bit off if it has downloaded almost a quarter of the MBs required :-)

Another thing - there is no indication of where the download is stored on my PC - guess I will have to look for it afterwards.....

-OP

It downloads into C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Sprocket

Thanks, that actually answered part of my questions too

guess i'll save that folder to DVD instead

Edited by vasmkd

Allright, thanks!

-OP

edit: On XP that becomes C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\My Documents\Sprocket

Not sure how it works in other regions, but the US version you have the option to verify the install, at which point you no longer need the DVD in the drive. Or, if you want, you can skip this and keep the DVD in the drive instead. I haven't had my OA disc in the drive since I installed it on release.

On my computer it says writing of license file failed has this happen to anybody else when they try to activate arma2 pmc.

Wrong key entered? Not the correct email adress filled in during installation?

Its right according to what I got from sprocket email.Maybe ill have to buy from another company.

On my computer it says writing of license file failed has this happen to anybody else when they try to activate arma2 pmc.

please try start the installer via "run as administrator"

Is there a way to convert the file PMC_Setup.exe.md5 to ascii so I can use it in those MD5 compare programs. I have not found one that uses the format Sprocket use. They all seem to want an ASCII file. THanks